Turn on thread page Beta

Diet coke watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is the catch?

No sugar or calories?

Mum had some in the fridge so looked at the nutrition, makes a change from water if its true.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Diet Coke has no calories, Coke Zero has no sugar?

ReputationRep:
    Had many an argument about this with my brother, but general catch is that chemical sweeteners are bad for the stomach, as far as i know.

ReputationRep:
    Aspartame, nasty stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the sweetners meant to give cancer, but id i drink the full fat stuff ill die of heart attack! Catch 22 FTL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Just went and looked and Diet has neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    You'll look gay if you drink it in public.
    Last time I checked it looked like coke.

(Original post by Jonpickles)
    Yeah the sweetners meant to give cancer, but id i drink the full fat stuff ill die of heart attack! Catch 22 FTL
    Carcinogenics are banned in edible things?

As for the taste, its better than water.

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from it. Its terrible for your insides. My stomach feels rotten when I drink it.

ReputationRep:
    According to this article - http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...llbeing.health It basically says that it's neither good nor bad, and only if you really drink excessive amounts like 10+ cans a day that you may start to develop risks.

I don't know though, it does feel a lot more refreshing by drinking a glass of water over a Diet Coke. And you can develop quite an addiction to it, and water is a lot cheaper, so it's probably best if you just not indulge it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    There is no catch.
    Perfection in a can :love:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy

ReputationRep:
    something about the sweeteners potentially being related to causing cancer. Its not certain though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoRdShRaPnEl)

Carcinogenics are banned in edible things?

As for the taste, its better than water.

I still drink it dont get me wrong, I use a heck of a lot of sweetner, in my coffee, on my breakfast, in my drinks! Just google Aspartame and have a read. It dont put me off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    The only real difference is the sweeteners. Coke Zero uses the same sweetener used in Splenda (as far as I'm aware), and it's supposed to taste more like "real" coke, without the aftertaste you get with Diet Coke.

OP, there's no "catch" unless you believe the aspartame scare stories, which I'm not informed enough about to make a judgement on. Water's far more refreshing though (and caffeine free)

ReputationRep:
    U.S. diet beverage consumers average approximately 200 mg of daily aspartame consumption.[48] For a 75 kilograms (165 lb) adult, it takes approximately 21 cans of diet soda to consume the 3,750 mg of aspartame that would surpass the FDA's 50 milligrams per kilogram of bodyweight ADI of aspartame
    So I got to drink 15 times the average to just get past a guidleine?

Actually no 18 times odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    There is no catch.
    Perfection in a can :love:
    THIS.

lol, everyone that thinks it causes cancer, you remind me of THIS video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzbxwxWUz0

ReputationRep:
    So I got to drink 15 times the average to just get past a guidleine?

Seems like it :borat:

ReputationRep:
    OK, OK it may not be gay, but it's definitely feminine; it's advertising is almost exclusively targeted at women. Coke Zero and Pepsi Max are the butch, manly low-cal drinks.

ReputationRep:
    The catch is it's diet coke and serves no purpose so just drink water. At the moment it looks like you eat cereal, pizza, chips and drink diet coke. What exactly are your goals?

ReputationRep:
    I've drank diet coke ever since I was about 5, I drink very little else other than alcohol. So if diet coke is bad for you, I'll be a perfect candidate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasuil)
    THIS.

lol, everyone that thinks it causes cancer, you remind me of THIS video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzbxwxWUz0
    the cancer caims are more credible than those made by the daily mail of a regular basis.

that said, the worst part of diet coke is the teeth rotting. Regardless of it having no sugar, it's still very acidic so a lot will ruin your teeth.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.