This discussion is closed.
sweet_gal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Do we make the choice to fall in love or can we not help it? I am not sure to be honest. Because I would like to think you can't help falling in love - thats a more romantic idea. Although in a way you make the choice. You choose to have those feelings and for them to be about that particular person. Maybe I'm not the right one to talk coz I don't think I have been in love. I've been in "puppy love" but not real love.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sweet_gal)
Do we make the choice to fall in love or can we not help it? I am not sure to be honest. Because I would like to think you can't help falling in love - thats a more romantic idea. Although in a way you make the choice. You choose to have those feelings and for them to be about that particular person. Maybe I'm not the right one to talk coz I don't think I have been in love. I've been in "puppy love" but not real love.
sheesh. Of course you can choose, but only then to a certain degree. You can't love until you first let yourself love. If that makes sense.
feebs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sweet_gal)
i think it's part choice part 'accident'.
you get a choice to some degree but it can still happen when you least expect it. and you can still love somebody when you wish that you don't!!
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I fell in love without even looking for that someone. I don't think that I made a choice to love them - Just woke up one morning and thought "I'm in love!"
babyblueeyes
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Optimist)
I fell in love without even looking for that someone. I don't think that I made a choice to love them - Just woke up one morning and thought "I'm in love!"
well i dont believe that you can just wake up one morning and be in love, its a gradual feeling and and thats where the phrase falling in love comes from..when you know your falling for someone wen u cant think of anything or anyone else but them!! anyone agree!!
feebs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyblueeyes)
well i dont believe that you can just wake up one morning and be in love, its a gradual feeling and and thats where the phrase falling in love comes from..when you know your falling for someone wen u cant think of anything or anyone else but them!! anyone agree!!
i tihnk you're right but you can wake up one morning and realise thst you're in love tho.
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by feebs)
i tihnk you're right but you can wake up one morning and realise thst you're in love tho.

yeah but how do you know where your in love cos there is,

you love someone

and your IN love with someone
feebs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by xAngelx)
yeah but how do you know where your in love cos there is,

you love someone

and your IN love with someone
dunno, for me i just knew, there just kinda came a point when i knew,sounds corny i know but it's true.
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by feebs)
dunno, for me i just knew, there just kinda came a point when i knew,sounds corny i know but it's true.
i'm not sure myself i love someone cos i feel compfortable with them and i can do nearly anything in front off them, and when i think of them i get butterflies in my stomach
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by feebs)
I dont think its corny
feebs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dont think its corny
thank you
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by babyblueeyes)
You can wake up in the morning and be in love! I woke up in the morning and thought to myself *I can't stop thinking about you!* Your speaking from your own experience - You can hardly judge my feelings of love and don't bother telling me what the phrase love means because my love isnt a phrase
feebs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can wake up in the morning and be in love! I woke up in the morning and thought to myself *I can't stop thinking about you!* Your speaking from your own experience - You can hardly judge my feelings of love and don't bother telling me what the phrase love means because my love isnt a phrase
yeh!!
you tell em!!
i guess it's just an indivdual thing, its just different for everyone.
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well with me it was something like thinking about them day and night...but then i realized it wasn't really love, i was just pretty much infatuated. So now,i don't really know how to tell if your in love or not. :confused:
superman38
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by feebs)
i totally agree!
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
well with me it was something like thinking about them day and night...but then i realized it wasn't really love, i was just pretty much infatuated. So now,i don't really know how to tell if your in love or not. :confused:

actually thats a good point
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
For me I knew that I was in love when I was without them - I just broke felt a pain in my heart (still do) but thats how I know I was in love (still am)
Anna
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For me I knew that I was in love when I was without them - I just broke felt a pain in my heart (still do) but thats how I know I was in love (still am)
hmm i still think about my ex a lot. I thought i was in love with him but i had to break it up because it got a bit too much. I think about him a lot now..too much infact. Oh jeez,me wants to cry..
Optimist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
hmm i still think about my ex a lot. I thought i was in love with him but i had to break it up because it got a bit too much. I think about him a lot now..too much infact. Oh jeez,me wants to cry..
xAngelx
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anna)
i know how you feel i'm meeting up with my ex to "talk"
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.14%
No (320)
77.86%

Watched Threads