TSR NTU Fresher Reps 2010 and Fresher's Week Questions!! Watch

BenjiDeane
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey all, are there any other Fresher Reps on here that are repping in September? At the moment I know that both me and Blogs (Scorpio2211) are going to be Fresher Reps (Freps) at Clifton, probably Peverell!!
Any other Freps for September, write in here!! Also this is a good chance for any Freshers to ask questions about it, as we've been through Fresher's Week before - I know I've already made a questions thread but you can ask questions specifically about Fresher's Week in here.

My Frep name is "Spoony," which you'll see on the back of my Frep tshirt. Blogs' is just "Blogs."
There's another frep called Emma on here but I don't know if she uses TSR anymore!
Benj x
BenjiDeane
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Right, here's a quick post to tell you guys what you should bring to Trent for nights out especially and Fresher's Week.
I didn't get enough of the lowdown on what to bring before I came to NTU, meaning I had to spend loads of money on outfits for random fancy dress etc. So I thought I'd put it all here so you guys can grab the stuff when you want before uni.
Number one: Booze. If you're a drinker, I suggest you get your arse down to Morrisons' a few days before Trent starts and stock up on the 3 crates for £18 deal, unless you're at Clifton Campus; in which case there's a massive Asda and a Morrissons' round the corner (ish). I found that generally I wasted an hour a day walking places to get my booze for the night out, so I've told my twin to get a fair few crates in. This is completely subjective depending on the person though - like I said, do it if you're a drinker and you feel like it, but you don't have to anyway.
Number two: Trent Army. Get Trent Army stuff, and go wild. I usually wear a black vest with ex army issue waterproof camo combat trousers, but I spent more on a better costume; as this theme is regularly used for birthdays, socials, random nights out and Fresher's Week. Don't forget permanent markers for banter purposes and your green, brown and black facepaints - plus dogtags etc. Go wild!!
Number three: Raaaaaaaaave!! Cheap one here - and although you'll find yourself dressing up in this regularly, all you need to do is trundle down to Primark, buy brightly coloured shiznit and slap it on. Remember UV facepaint, pink leggins, and if you're a guy, get a sock so you can put your phone and wallet in and shove it in your leggins. Or, be even better, and get a bright green heart shaped handbag from Primark just for banter.
Number four: Baywatch! Grab yourself some beach shizzle for this one - there's probably a Baywatch beach party at Ocean (My fave club!) in Fresher's week, and people use this theme for their birthdays; and there's even a Carnage event at the end of the year with Baywatch themes. Well, at least, there was this year.
Number five: Cross dress!! If you love the banter then crack out a dress if you're a guy, or some really manly clothes if you're a girl. SuBo-esque flowery granny dresses usually go down well for guys. Don't bother with make-up, there's always someone at halls who wants to paint your face in foundation. Not the most common theme but used for some birthdays and socials.
Number six: Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! 8-) Used pretty regularly. Black permanent marker for fake spots, fake broken glasses (wrap an obvious plaster round the bridge), white shirts, **** ties, long socks, braces; you name it, wear it. Oh yeah and crap rucksacks add to banter purposes!

There are loads of others - E.G. if you're in a sports team you'll need to bring up a plain blue smart shirt, as some socials and sporting events require you to wear a blue shirt with the club ties (£8 from Clifton Sports Hall).

Your Fresher's Week runs from Friday 24th October - Sunday 3rd October (May I randomly point out that it is my 20th the day after it finishes? Haha), and there are loads of events on. Here's a brief idea of what we had this year:

Friday 2nd oct: Standard night out at the SUs, at all three campuses. The Point (Clifton SU bar) was too full this year so we went to Walkabout and had a cracking night!!
Saturday night: Baywatch beach party at Ocean, pre-bars at all three SUs beforehand, and buses from the SU to Ocean.
Sunday night: Night at the SU. "Game on" at City SU, Club night at Clifton SU, and Quiz at Brack SU. This was my birthday - I didn't make it out. Haha
Monday night: TRENT ARMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Pre bars at all campuses' SUs. This is at the City SU, but was too full so we went on an epic bar crawl. For Brackenhurst and Clifton students, it was pretty bad trying to get in last year - but the lovely Clifton Liaison officer Caitlin and the rest of the exec committee have done loads to ensure that this coming year, everyone has a good time and gets in.
Tuesday night: OCEAN!! Also, Fresher's fair, Clifton Campus, Clifton Cricket Pitch.
Wednesday night: Oceana, "KissKiss." Pre-bars at all three SUs. Also, Fresher's Fair, 10am-4pm at Brack.
Thursday night: Rock City - "2uned," or Gatecrasher, "Chic," I think. They also had a hypnotist at the Point. Pre bars at Brack and City, Hypnotist at Clifton. Also, City Fresher's Fair, 10am-4pm.
Friday night - Double Vision at The Point, Clifton Campus. Live music at both Brack and City SU, then "You V Rave" at City SU.
Saturday night - "Climax," City SU. Pre-bars at all three campuses. Also, "Saturday Antics" for everyone at Clifton. Make sure you don't miss this!!
Sunday night - Quiz at all three campuses' SUs.

If anyone wants more info - just message me or quote me here!
Benji
Scorpio2211
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BenjiDeane)
Hey all, are there any other Fresher Reps on here that are repping in September? At the moment I know that both me and Blogs (Scorpio2211) are going to be Fresher Reps (Freps) at Clifton, probably Peverell!!
Any other Freps for September, write in here!! Also this is a good chance for any Freshers to ask questions about it, as we've been through Fresher's Week before - I know I've already made a questions thread but you can ask questions specifically about Fresher's Week in here.

My Frep name is "Spoony," which you'll see on the back of my Frep tshirt. Blogs' is just "Blogs."
There's another frep called Emma on here but I don't know if she uses TSR anymore!
Benj x

I love the assumptions here Benji! Hah

Hey guys, I'm Ellen or more widely known around Trent especially Peverell and Trent's many sports clubs as Blogs

You will more than likely see me with a camera attached to my hand and wrist throughout Nights out and with the name 'Blogs' on my back [during Freshers Week]... I'll be sober as a judge just like I am every night probably doing some crazy dance moves but don't be scared to approach me.

While Benji seems to have covered the Freshers Week nights out that we had they may be changing this year and if and when they are annouced I'll give a sum up of cheap fancy dress and what to bring for each- though the ones mentioned above will come in useful if you join a sports club/society.

TRENT ARMY is a must!! You are now TRENT ARMY Privates- Freshers

Now I'm going to let you know the who is who of Trent Student Union, for future reference:

President: Phil 'Postman Pat' Docherty [He'll be giving a speech more than likely to you guys in Freshers Week]

VP Student Services: Louise O'Keefe [In charge of entertainment etc. such as the Union Bars]

VP Democracy: Scott Donoghue [(Plays Football for Trent)]

VP Education and Representation: Ruth Cannavan

VP Societies: Ben Wheeler

VP Welfare and Involvement: Sarah Mason

VP Sports: Andrew 'Midge' Schulten [Organiser of Tour and Varsity Games (and a legend around Rugby Union)]

City Liaison Officer: Ellen Funston
Brackenhurst Liaison Officer: Jack Hopson
Clifton Liaison Officer: Caitlin Hayward [The legend that is 'Ham' a 3rd year ex-Frep, who loves her job, likely to be found in and around Clifton Campus or perfecting her amazingly crazy dance skills in Ocean with the Netball girls]

[(The three Liaison Officers are in charge of smoothly running your Freshers Week for each campus and will be your communication and representation at any and all Union Meetings- any problems with Freps during Freshers speak to them, and any problems to bring up with the Union thereafter speak to them)]

If any Freshers have any questions about sports clubs, and fancy dress ideas/ places to get things, ask away! Actually any questions ask away...
BenjiDeane
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Bump!! Any questions, fire away - me or Ellen will answer!
Ryanbcfc91
Report 8 years ago
How much money should i roughly need, how much did you spend etc?
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ryanbcfc91)
How much money should i roughly need, how much did you spend etc?
Is this for Freshers Week or in general throughout the year?

If its just Freshers Week, I can't rememeber exactly how much I spent, but you need money mainly for drinks while out, and prices vary depending on which bar/club you go to and how much and what you have. I think the only night I paid for tickets was g/crasher but can't rememember for certain.

Not forgetting you also need to by some form of pre-drink for before you go out.
dlau77
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
May be a silly Q, but when is freshers?
BenjiDeane
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by dlau77)
May be a silly Q, but when is freshers?
Friday 24th September - Sunday 3rd October
frenchcat53
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hiya I'm Taylor and I'm a fresher rep for the IQ Exchange My fresher rep name is "Tails" so you can find me if you need anything.

I think you can move in from the 24th September. There is normally a small event on the Friday for people but the first proper day is the Saturday.
All the freshers reps will be at the halls to help you all move in and help you have a great first week at uni.
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I guess me and Benji should let you know exactly which Halls we shall be repping. We are both going to be repping Castle Court at Peverell so one of the Blocks A-J. Should you see either of us out and about we are here to help everyone though.
alex_b06
Report 8 years ago
Hey, I'm starting in October. Do you know anything about the womens football team?
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alex_b06)
Hey, I'm starting in October. Do you know anything about the womens football team?

I do indeed, Trent Women's Football team is one of the larger Women's only sports clubs at Trent- after Netball I think.

See their profile on Facebook: Trent Women's Football

They cater for both, those who have played before and those that are new to the game. If you have any particular questions ask away.
alex_b06
Report 8 years ago
didn't really want to add myself or leave a comment on that just yet. still kind of sinking in i'm going to be coming here. do you know how many teams they have and do they compete in BUCS?
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
didn't really want to add myself or leave a comment on that just yet. still kind of sinking in i'm going to be coming here. do you know how many teams they have and do they compete in BUCS?
Yes, there were 2 teams this year, chances are there might be 3 next year as they grow yearly. I know for a fact that they compete in BUCS, I think it may only be the first team that do so.

Also on another note, they are have amazing socials, and are a really friendly group of girls.
alex_b06
Report 8 years ago
Cheers for all your help. will keep an eye on the facebook group nearer the time for tryouts and practice. :-D thanks again
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cheers for all your help. will keep an eye on the facebook group nearer the time for tryouts and practice. :-D thanks again
When Freshers Week comes around go to the Freshers Fair and sign up there, thats what I did last year. Depending on your campus depends which day Freshers Fair is.
alex_b06
Report 8 years ago
i'll be at city campus. do you play for the team?
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i'll be at city campus. do you play for the team?
Well your Freshers Fair will be on Wednesday the 29th September I think.

I trial'd and reached the second team, but due to an injury I couldn't continue for the year, and thus joined netball. I've also just remembered Women's Football are the current Varsity Champions [Basically Trent vs Uni of Notts, and the winner of the most matches is varsity series winner- Women's Footy won their match]
alex_b06
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Scorpio2211)
Well your Freshers Fair will be on Wednesday the 29th September I think.

I trial'd and reached the second team, but due to an injury I couldn't continue for the year, and thus joined netball. I've also just remembered Women's Football are the current Varsity Champions [Basically Trent vs Uni of Notts, and the winner of the most matches is varsity series winner- Women's Footy won their match]
i see...wondered why you were so clued up lol. can you tell me anything about what the trials were like? and do they have some good players who play for other womens premiership football clubs?
Scorpio2211
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i see...wondered why you were so clued up lol. can you tell me anything about what the trials were like? and do they have some good players who play for other womens premiership football clubs?

I'm also just generally nosy about things hah.

Well trials were really short, you basically said where you play, and then played a match there and then- with about 4 people each taking notes. You play a few matches and then at the end of the matches they let you know what team you are in. But they aren't definites and changed throughout the year as one of the girls was seconds with me but got onto the Varsity squad.

As for good players, there are a lot of really good players, and the older ones seem to work well together. I'm not sure many of them play for premiership clubs but a few had trial'd with some I think. You'd have to ask them on the open day to get a definite answer.

Either way its worth joining, I was tempted to go for it again this year, but I have a lot of training to get myself upto any playing chances, especially with my current form.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1129)
79.01%
Leave (300)
20.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed