Turn on thread page Beta

Sun lotion + face powder? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick query:

I've been using ordinary sun lotion on my face and then using some loose powder to soak up some of the residual oil/shine during the hot weather.

Is this OK? I'm assuming that the powder doesn't undermine or take off the protection of the sun cream but wanted to make sure that I'm not assuming wrong!!

Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't do. Just make sure your face is dry before you put the powder on or some weird paste will form. I would also keep reapplying the sunscreen as well throughout the day for maximum protection
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    As said above ^ Just keep reapplying and remember the sunscreen will be better for your skin in the long run so make sure it is applied thoroughly Also, I am vegan and Loled at your siggy picture XD

ReputationRep:
    No, it won't react with the sunscreen. Also - to avoid having to use powder at all you could also try using a dry-touch sunscreen on your face (both L'oreal and Neutrogena do some good ones) or else invest in a non-greasy moisturiser with sunscreen (like RoC Hydra+ Bioactive for combination skin).

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ladies xx

ReputationRep:
    I would say steer clear of the suncreams that claim to leave no oily residue, they use alcohol to evaporate off the skin quickly which can be drying, particularly on sensitive skin on your face. I use powder on top of suncream too (especially when skiing), I've not had any problems

ReputationRep:
    It sounds fine to me. If you want a matte sunscreen, the L'oreal Matte Fluide one is really good.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.