When there is talk of the rep system being revised i'll contribute some ideas, but for now i can't see anything in the near future happening with it.
Isn't vB commercial software? Don't you think the people who make it might listen to us if we suggested this as an addition to the software?
Agreed, though I wish my 24 hour thing would disappear because there are a few people I wish to rep.
After being on this forum for a while i have noticed a few flaws with the rep system and i have also suggested ways of improving it. So here are the problems:
1) Rep can only be given out once a day to only one user.
2) Some users with very high numbers of posts are less willing to give out rep as they may not feel that a rep-worthy post is worth 20+ points.
3) Rep which is not used on one day is lost, this sometimes leads to people starting threads to hand out rep to the first person that replies. This abuses the rep system, it's no better than startingup threads asking for rep.
So here are some improvements i thought up of:
1) When giving rep you can choose how many rep points you can allocate to the person. (This is limited by the number of rep points the person has). This means that they can give out rep to more than one person in a day, should they choose to "ration" their rep.
2) A banking system, so that rep is carried over to the next day. Although this will have to be limited to a certain number of points, to prevent a mass build up of points.
well...as a matter of fact...i completely agree with u on this issue !!!