GCSE ISA aqa - what grade did i get???

Watch
missccify
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi.....i'm really confused because for my ISA both core and additional i got 30/40 which will be 25 percent of both my core and additional mark, but i don't know what grade that would be as my teacher tells me the grade boundries are creeping up each year....if anyone has the slightest idea please help me......thankyou soooo much
Insanity514
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
30 according to last years boundries is just a B. If it goes up thsi year then you may have a high C.

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...UND-JUNE09.PDF
bwfcboy93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
that does seem a bit steep for an ISA.......i got an A* with chemistry and i only got 33.....(however i don't know whether this was with the graph score or not........)
0llie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been told that 36 = A* and 30 = A but they change every year, does this include the 6 marks for how good at practical you are?
missccify
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0llie)
I've been told that 36 = A* and 30 = A but they change every year, does this include the 6 marks for how good at practical you are?

yes it does
missccify
Rep:
?
Drop?? ....sounds gd...but, how do you know?
Last edited by RK; 1 month ago
JoyBarking
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think its 36/40 for an A*
34 for an A
32 for a B
30 for a C

including the graph 6 marks.
I think ISAs are ridiculously harsh.
missccify
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoyBarking)
I think its 36/40 for an A*
34 for an A
32 for a B
30 for a C

including the graph 6 marks.
I think ISAs are ridiculously harsh.
So, say i got a low a* for my biology Core and a high A for chemistry core and a low A for physics Core with my C for the ISA, would i be on an A overall???
JoyBarking
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Grade boundaries depend on exactly what ISA it was, but it probably never moves around by very much.
Like I did the oil dripping one i think. There might have also been a titration one...
missccify
Rep:
?
(Original post by JoyBarking)
Grade boundaries depend on exactly what ISA it was, but it probably never moves around by very much.
Like I did the oil dripping one i think. There might have also been a titration one...
yeah i did the titration one
JoyBarking
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by missccify)
So, say i got a low a* for my biology Core and a high A for chemistry core and a low A for physics Core with my C for the ISA, would i be on an A overall???
40 100UMS
39 100
38 100
37 95
36 90 A* (boundary)
35 85
34 80 A
33 75
32 70 B
31 65
30 60 C
29 55
28 50 D

I THINK this is what it is from the scores that I have.

So 90 90 90 = 270/300 is an A* and so on.
Rainbows!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought the ISA was supposed to give everyone a better chance at acheiveing a C or above in their overall Science grade,hence why you get so many marks for drawing a graph and table because they can be shown to you in the little "mock" ISA?
If anything,they would probably drop the grade boundries.
JoyBarking
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeahh I hope so. But the ISAs are internally assessed, so i think the grade boundaries are already set before they give them out for teachers to set over the years.
Last edited by RK; 1 month ago
delllboy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my teacher said we aren't allowed to know what we got untill they have been moderated and we will get them in august :confused:
JoyBarking
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by delllboy)
my teacher said we aren't allowed to know what we got untill they have been moderated and we will get them in august :confused:
Yeah that make sense. They should be moderated which is why I signed one of those coursework form things. But my teacher definitely gave us all the UMS scores with our results...
fordy93
Report 9 years ago
30 out of 40 was just a B for my last isa which was november
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (112)
28%
No (288)
72%

Watched Threads