Turn on thread page Beta

Which is harder? AS Maths or Physics? watch

ReputationRep:
    i can't say which is harder, it's different for every person really!! some people think both are easy, some find one or the other more difficult, and there are people who find both impossible!

personally i think physics and maths complement each other, why not choose to do both if possible? better than taking a 50/50 chance. just an opinion!

ReputationRep:
    Which, Chem/Bio/ICT/Maths OR Chem/Bio/ICT/Physics would give me more options after A level.
    I'd go for Maths - it will probably leave more options open (unless you want to do a physics degree).
    However, why not scrap ICT and do Chem/Bio/Physics/Maths ?
    ICT really is quite tedious and involves production of vast amounts of coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shickles)
    personally i think physics and maths complement each other, why not choose to do both if possible? better than taking a 50/50 chance. just an opinion!
    Thats what I'd say too, it will enable you a very good choice of degree courses, especially if you do something like chemistry with it, then you could prob do anything ranging from medicine and engineering, to media studies and cookery

ReputationRep:
    No idea personally but my friend got an easy A in physics but a B in maths AS. To be fair though she is applying for Physics at university

ReputationRep:
    Physics is harder

ReputationRep:
    Most definitely Physics. I barely scraped an E at AS and A level and I had a B at GCSE. Maths is easier if you put the work in.

ReputationRep:
    Which is harder? i reckon maths

Which is harder to get an A in? Physics

I think maths requires much more work and the concepts in it are much more difficult to understand (IMO).Physics lacks the same amount of complexity, but the principles aren't allways as logical as in maths.

What i'm saying is i found maths more difficult, but i got a better grade in it. Because physics questions can be quite ambiguous compared to maths. Quite often you need to write in the appropriate key-work to get the marks and i found getting the marks harder than in maths. Even though i understood the physics the exams were just harder to do well at.

ReputationRep:
    Physics is harder I think. C1 is basically GCSE Maths, C2 is a little extension. M1 is simple and S1 is just easy but boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    Physics is harder I think. C1 is basically GCSE Maths, C2 is a little extension. M1 is simple and S1 is just easy but boring.
    you must have had a piss easy exam board. C1 begins as GCSE no doubt, becasuse all the users come from it but mves very quickly into unknown territory.

same with physics, its all build upon the knowledge we gained at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    you must have had a piss easy exam board. C1 begins as GCSE no doubt, becasuse all the users come from it but mves very quickly into unknown territory.

same with physics, its all build upon the knowledge we gained at GCSE.
    i might have been a bit extreme, but a famous quote from my friend is "geography is harder than maths". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would recommend Maths. However, this would only be the case if u plan to drop it after AS, as the A-level Maths course is extremly difficult. Physics has never been a favourite of mine, but that entirely depends upon the person.

ReputationRep:
    i just hate physics so i will say go for maths.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.