The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I stayed their for a introductory weekend and if I didn't have an aversion for campus universities I would have went there myself!

All I can comment on really is the grounds and halls which were both excellent. Only real issue is the lack of amenities with the campus being so small.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
LilyKK
Hi, I am considering doing my LLB Law and Criminology degree here and was wondering if any students could tell me their opinion on it, eg. area, teaching, halls and just the quality of the uni? Thanks :biggrin: Amelia x

Hiya

I did Law with History.. my friend did the course you want to do.. and she LOVED IT!

The law department is brilliant, really good teachers.. I don't know about criminology teachers but she enjoyed her lessons, and my history lecturers were amazing!

The halls are nice, Lindsay Court is probably one of the nicest halls.. en suite, but most people tend to go for Barnes halls (not the nicest but definitely the best community spirit!!)

If you want somewhere where everyone knows each other and it feels like a home from home, then Keele is where you want to be! It is a bit out in the sticks, but there the 25 bus that connects you to newcastle-under-lyme and hanley (which is alright for shopping and nights out)

But most people don't go off campus for nights out, because the union is such a good night!

Hope this helps :smile:
princessnavi22
Hiya

I did Law with History.. my friend did the course you want to do.. and she LOVED IT!

The law department is brilliant, really good teachers.. I don't know about criminology teachers but she enjoyed her lessons, and my history lecturers were amazing!

The halls are nice, Lindsay Court is probably one of the nicest halls.. en suite, but most people tend to go for Barnes halls (not the nicest but definitely the best community spirit!!)

If you want somewhere where everyone knows each other and it feels like a home from home, then Keele is where you want to be! It is a bit out in the sticks, but there the 25 bus that connects you to newcastle-under-lyme and hanley (which is alright for shopping and nights out)

But most people don't go off campus for nights out, because the union is such a good night!

Hope this helps :smile:

I completely agree with this.

I lived in Horwood - bit of a dump and a nasty smelly little bar. Right near the woods, though. And very close to the Union for stumbling home.
i did law and criminology, but now just doing law LLB
law department is excellent! very good teachers, very good lectures and brilliant tutorials!!
criminology was very good as well, especially the teachers, i totally loved them, it was just coz i wanted to focus on law, so i dropped criminology, but it is a very interesting course though!
hope this helps
Reply 5
Hi this is the course I want to do!!! Are you going to go to an open day? I think there are a couple in October :biggrin: I really do have my heart set on Keele even though I gave yet to visit, maybe I'll see you around?
I have heard amazing things about the Law side of the course, but not so much about Criminology although I get the feeling it is just as good!
As for halls I think I will go for premier ensuite (if I get in!) I really want by own bathroom and the halls they are in sound nicer that the others :biggrin:
I like the idea of a campus uni, I don't really want everything spread out an Keele is only about an hour away from Manchester - a great place for shopping!!!
Also, Keele is rated quite well I think it is about 42nd on the Times list this year...so it's not too bad :smile:!!!!
Sorry if I rambled on a bit :biggrin: Layla xoxo
Reply 6
LilyKK
was wondering if any students could tell me their opinion on it

AWESOME
Reply 7
You'll love it :wink: And you should know just about everyone by the first week, haha
Reply 8
I'm think of doing this course at Keele, I'm going to the open day on the 16th of october :biggrin: Although I already have my heart set on it, it looks so lovely :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Jollly
I'm think of doing this course at Keele, I'm going to the open day on the 16th of october :biggrin: Although I already have my heart set on it, it looks so lovely :smile:

is the uni like in the middle of nowhere? are there amenities in keele? are there enough people to interact with there?
I am hoping to go to Keele this year to study English and American Literature. I have heard that it is quite isolated but the buses and trains etc are good and there are some good places to go but that nightlife and amenities can be a bit lacking. :smile:
Original post by Skarlet0203
I am hoping to go to Keele this year to study English and American Literature. I have heard that it is quite isolated but the buses and trains etc are good and there are some good places to go but that nightlife and amenities can be a bit lacking. :smile:

keele has no train station..nearest is stoke i think
Original post by levantine
keele has no train station..nearest is stoke i think

True, however the 25 bus from campus stops outside the station and takes about 30 minutes from the Union.
Reply 13
Keele is big but a great place to be!
Reply 14
Whats the capacity of SU? Also, any fit girls? :biggrin: sorry had to ask..
Reply 15
Original post by Swimmer
Whats the capacity of SU? Also, any fit girls? :biggrin: sorry had to ask..

SU is big, 6 bars inside I believe or could of mis-counted as for fit girls there are plenty but then again my type may be different to yours lol
Reply 16
what's medicine like at Keele?
Reply 17
SU is too big for the uni/too big for the nights they put on, it is rarely full and it never really has a buzz to it, yet it still takes 20 minutes to get a drink....
Reply 18
Original post by mr-goodkat
SU is too big for the uni/too big for the nights they put on, it is rarely full and it never really has a buzz to it, yet it still takes 20 minutes to get a drink....

What about the nearest clubs? How much do taxis cost say from halls to the club?
Reply 19
Original post by LaylaLaw
Hi this is the course I want to do!!! Are you going to go to an open day? I think there are a couple in October :biggrin: I really do have my heart set on Keele even though I gave yet to visit, maybe I'll see you around?
I have heard amazing things about the Law side of the course, but not so much about Criminology although I get the feeling it is just as good!
As for halls I think I will go for premier ensuite (if I get in!) I really want by own bathroom and the halls they are in sound nicer that the others :biggrin:
I like the idea of a campus uni, I don't really want everything spread out an Keele is only about an hour away from Manchester - a great place for shopping!!!
Also, Keele is rated quite well I think it is about 42nd on the Times list this year...so it's not too bad :smile:!!!!
Sorry if I rambled on a bit :biggrin: Layla xoxo

The published the Times University League Table today for 2013 and Keele has gone up and is now #29!!! Which is above Kings College and Royal Holloway!
Anyway, I'm the same as you, I have my heart set on Keele university to do Criminology and Psychology, I'm going to the open day on the 13th to have a look around but my dad got in there (ended up not going to uni at all) and he said it was absolutely beautiful, so I think it's well worth it :smile:

Latest