What's your 'look' for Autumn/Winter? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
There are so many around right now - what are you going for, if anything at all?!

I'm going for volume (knickerbockers, puffball skirts) with glamour... sparkly shrugs, bags, metallic shoes and when I can afford it, a pair of stacked black heals. Very little pattern, never denim. Accents of sophisticated folk/Russian in harem pants and jewellery. Quite a fashionista look, so some may not get it.

Just wondering how everyone else is interpreting what's on the market?
erk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://www.skipressworld.com/images/...0-%20santa.jpg

:rolleyes:
Balloo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Skinny jeans with boots.
Mata
Rep:
?
Erk: So that'd be volume and boots together. Brave choice, especially as red isn't in this season.

I like your nod to the 'folk' trend though.
ClosetGinger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm starting university so maybe i should do scruffy student chic :rolleyes: Ok this season for me is all about tailoring, pleated knee-length skirts, fitted preppy shirts and short sleeved cashmere jumpers over the top. Ballet pumps or 60s glamour vintage shoes for the feet and my vintage 70s Gucci bag. For more casual look, i'm doing the whole flat boots, short skirts (still pleated!) and long jumpers with belts over the top. Topped off with long glass beads and hoop earrings with brown eye shadow!
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Umm how about just dressing like me and not following any trends?
Mata
Rep:
?
Fleece: you could do that, I'm not saying its a bad thing.

I just like to buy lots of exciting new things (when was the last time you could mass-buy puffball skirts, seriously) and create looks for myself. Its so much fun, and people do take enjoyment from interpreting trends, making them work, and sort of creating body-art with clothes.
dpali
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't be bothered to do a look for myself. I'd love to but seriously...can't be bothered.

So...I shall be doing the 'scruffy student chic' look as ClosetGinger said.
Diotima
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Folk.

As per usual with me... :rolleyes:
*River
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Whatever I like... I don't follow 'looks' religiously!!!
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I already have a lot of black and white things, so I'll go with black and white, eventhough that's not an option in your poll
Mata
Rep:
?
I should have put black'n'white on my poll, especially as I'm trying to buy lots of black.

It just didn't occur to me because I'm a goldfish.
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Mata)
I should have put black'n'white on my poll, especially as I'm trying to buy lots of black.

It just didn't occur to me because I'm a goldfish.
A goldfish? :rofl:

I'm not actually sure how this will work... I've not yet worked out how I'm going to combine my black and white clothes that I already have, but seeing as I already have black and white stuff, it would be a shame if I didn't try and make it work. It doesn't look like any of my other clothes are in trend, so make a bit of white and black look will compensate for that .
My shoes, scarf, jacket and handbag are black, lol, do you know what kind of (cheap) jewlry I should be looking out for? In terms of colours? I'm just not sure if I should be wearing coloured or black and white jewlry with this look... I think that coloured would look good, but I'm just not sure...
Mata
Rep:
?
Hmm... some of the larger topshops have a biba/bakelite look which is bright and chunky. Its not for everyone though, you have to be the right sort of person.

I got a great folk-y looking necklace for £3.33 from an Indian market stall which is great. Chunky and thick and not fussy, and would brighten up a black/white outfit. Maybe you could look for something like that? Yeah, so just simple stuff which is eyecatching, in bold colours and makes the outfit look like a fashion choice rather than just a black'n'white moment.

Then again, I'm also not sure... I tend to wear less jewellery with black and white because it makes enough of a statement on its own.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What do all the options on the poll mean? Care to summarise, anybody?
tate
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i'm feeling the 80's look puffball skirts and stuff, also skinny jeans and boots or flat pointy shoes with coloured socks, waistcoats, neckacheifs, clothes that look too small/tight, big chunky belts (i always wear them tho, there just getting bigger and chunkier lol), frilly scarves/wierd scarves and a trilby lol
amie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There are a few more trends for A/W '05 too. Apparently, Napoleonic-style sailor type clothes are going to be hitting the shops (at Topshop we call it Admiralty), and one of the big looks on the catwalk has been classic tailoring to accentuate curves

I'm not really following one in particular, I'm just going for my own thing. An eclectic mix of them all, I suppose!
sophieD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i like the military look i think i might get one of those black jackets with the sliver buttons! Sometimes it can look a bit severe if u do the whole look so im just gonna get a jacket
Syntax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Military.. mostly, because, uh, I already have loads of armyish stuff. But really.. I just wear skater type clothes all year round
Mata
Rep:
?
Oh, sorry, I'll summarise:

Military: http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/shop.../europe/11546/ (has pics and a little summary)

Folk: Think gypsy lady, or oldie-worldy russian. Lots of bobbles and knitted stuff. A bit like if you lived in Peru but had lots of catwalk knowledge.

Victoriana/glamour: lots of lace blouses in cream, white and black. The glamour bit speaks for itself. Pencil skirts, gloss, shine etc.

Volume: puffball skirts in tulip and egg shapes, knickerbockers down to the knee, bell sleeves, lots of ruched fabric etc.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed