Turn on thread page Beta

What's your 'look' for Autumn/Winter? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Smart-Fallen-Out-Of-Bed-Steampunk-Guy Chic.

Yes.

I know what I am talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking victoriana, but kinda dressed down... like pearls and those kinda lacy-ish tops, but with skinny jeans... hmmmm...

Also, I love love love those cardigan things that kinda loop round, without buttons... I realise i've not described them well, but do you know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mylla)
    I'm thinking victoriana, but kinda dressed down... like pearls and those kinda lacy-ish tops, but with skinny jeans... hmmmm...

Also, I love love love those cardigan things that kinda loop round, without buttons... I realise i've not described them well, but do you know what I mean?
    Do you mean wraparound, or the ones that just sort of loop round the back without coming together properly at the front?

I like the sound of your look, though. Workably, classy and fashionable.

ReputationRep:
    VINTAGE !!
    Ok, i do not exactly how to explain my look..smart and vintage..
    First i wear just jeans, nothin else..and my tops are vintage..hehe..

ReputationRep:
    Daytime is going to have to be my usual jeans/combats with hoodies and stash, but perhaps some shorts and slip on flat shoes with lots of long beads and ethnic jewellery when it's hot or when I need to dressup

Night time might be a little more classy this year, so it'll be tailored shorts with high heels, probably round toe, and some form of glamourous top.

I guess that's military and other. I call it scouse fashion, because all the shops here have the same thing, and all the girls look the same! But it looks damn good outside of the city, where you aren't one of a million clones.

ReputationRep:
    ooooh taylored skirts, black and navy blue, pom poms on clothes, wild hair colours, shorts/short skirts and high necklines, suede and courdroy (spelling?) worn together, elephant heels, eyeliner, slouch books, leggings... yey for everything!

ReputationRep:
    All my trousers are bootleg but thats mainly because i cant get away with skinny legs. Im gonna go black i think, hopefully some tailoring and a bit of glamour, but i have about 15 brightly coloured t-shirts which ill have to wear around college.

ReputationRep:
    Sonic the Hedgehog look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor.ellis)
    ooooh taylored skirts, black and navy blue, pom poms on clothes, wild hair colours, shorts/short skirts and high necklines, suede and courdroy (spelling?) worn together, elephant heels, eyeliner, slouch books, leggings... yey for everything!
    Elephant heels? A fashion I haven't heard of *gasp*! Explain?

Love the pom pom look, but don't think its very me. Glad to see someone is taking it up.

ReputationRep:
    I just wear what I like.

However, out of the current looks available, I'm more interested in the Volume and the Glamour looks, I like to wear ra-ra skirts, they're seem to be a lot of cool black and white ones avaialable on the market at the moment. I like pompoms on clothes and I'm also into very outrageous clothing, bright or covered in sequins/diamante's.

To be honest, my style is so varied, it's hard to categorise, so I just picked the two looks on there that best described what i like.

I'm really not into the whole Folk or Military looks though, in fact I'm quite disappointed at a lot of the clothes on the market for Autumn. Hope they improve as Winter gets closer, the colours are just too dull at the moment for me (too much brown).

ReputationRep:
    I like the pleated skirts in gap at the moment. I'm also knitting (yes I am slightly odd!) a really pale blue/grey chunkyish scarf and I'm going to put pompoms at each end. I like to customise the clothes I wear with odd things I pick up in vintage shops, or buttons, or sparkly brooches. I love the autumn cos I can wear loads of dark greens, browns, creams, and dark red/maroons. I'm not keen on trousers so that means I almost sleep in my boots. Loving my cord jacket at the moment and I want to get one in black. Think waistcoats are great too-either in black and fitted for a smart or depending on how you accesorise it, rock chickm ook, but can also be worn in brown cord for a more boho style.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Knitting is getting ever-more popular... I'll never know why but I guess if you get good at it then you can just make everything.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Tokyo this summer, and bought quite a few clothes there. The Tokyo look this autumn (and therefore, the look of the rest of the world in winter or maybe next year) is very bohemian. Think black and white. Think something like this:

ReputationRep:
    warm jumpers!, boots which have some detail on, like those ones with pom poms hehe, and maybe a mini skirt, with tights of course!

ReputationRep:
    Likin the Tokyo look... or maybe just the picture
    I'm startin to feel really daft coz I dress the same all year round, just with t-shirts in summer, and sleeves in winter! Maybe I need a new look... I'm a scruffy student type lol and probs always will be!
    I'l dye my hair something different for autumn/winter, maybe brighter red...

ReputationRep:
    I usually wear a similar sort of thing, and am always dressed smartly, even when wearing jeans! I don't do scruffy! I've got lots of black things, lots of cord things and I'm toying with the idea of a victoriana blouse. I have a pencil skirt... difficult to walk in!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.