How is that a problem?
dave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MR_JR)
i havent spoken a word good or bad to my mother in 5 months
Ouch!! Sorry to hear that. Sounds not-too-good.
SlyPie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TomX)
Since when are geeks looked down upon in society, I think it's nerds you're on about.
Psh, but aren't nerds the smart geeks and thus geeks are just dumb not-so-nerds?
Nicki P
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
No, its because I look like a geek, stay up all night, have never been clubbing, never had a boyfriend (apart from 1 lasting a week), get rubbish grades, talk like a geek, can't get a job and am 19 :p:
Shes cool though for a mum I mean people my age (eg my cousin) always prefere to talk to her than me cause shes cooler. If I call her though she says im bitter and twisted and have no life (kinda true)
The situation is hard to understand but she is cool for a mum
none of those things makes you a geek!
i know loads of ppl my age who havent been clubbing, havent had boyfriends, havent got jobs dont worry about it!
Sorani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe she was just tormenting you? Like a big ol' kid

And I have a bi-atch for a mom too (it's like a disease) violent towards me as a kid and now we barely speak hurrah for the maternal love.
moon·struck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
You know how much social class means to us teenagers lol, and she called me a geek :eek: She is cool though for a mum and im not so I guess thats why but she knows how to get to me!! Doesnt help that im a girl geek, is it normal to get called a geek by your parents?
Sorry.

My mum called me weird once, but I was hiding in a closet so....
Nicki P
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my mum doesnt call me names, infact we're like best mates, so i can imagine how damaging a comment from your mum can be! jus try and take it on ur chin and dont let it get to you
username21537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bodhisattva)
Ouch!! Sorry to hear that. Sounds not-too-good.
a bit unpleasent.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would seriously fall out with my mum if she called me that :| I've been called some awful things in my time by my parents but if they ever said that i doubt i would talk to them.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nothing wrong with being a geek. You seem to forget that someday we will rule the world

*evil geeky laugh*

Oh crap, I got another nosebleed.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Geeks are super cool :cool: I'm proud to be a geek!

*goes back to book*
python05
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My mum calls me a geek too, probably because I am. Oh well, rejoyce in the fact most people end up working for geeks eventually
Nicki P
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it depends what context ur mum said it in, it may not of been meant maliciously
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nicki P)
it depends what context ur mum said it in, it may not of been meant maliciously
It could only have been meant as a compliment! Obviously! :cool: :p:
db
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alio~)
You know how much social class means to us teenagers lol, and she called me a geek :eek: She is cool though for a mum and im not so I guess thats why but she knows how to get to me!! Doesnt help that im a girl geek, is it normal to get called a geek by your parents?

Pur-lease.

You came to a student chat-forum to tell us that yout mum called you a geek! You're just proving her point!
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
"A geek is a person who is fascinated, perhaps obsessively, by obscure or very specific areas of knowledge and imagination. Geek may not always have the same meaning as the term nerd"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geek for more usefull facts acout what youve been accused of bieng. At least she didnt call you a nerd
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nikk)
Geeks are super cool :cool: I'm proud to be a geek!

*goes back to book*
I know what you mean. I keep going back to my Clive Cussler novel. Its getting good
Revenged
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I know what you mean. I keep going back to my Clive Cussler novel. Its getting good

"Dude. where's my car"

Perhaps more your level :cool: !
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
ok well to be honest, parents do not understant the kids of today, things have changed since they were our age, and to be called a geek really isn't that bad, in some ways she is comlimenting you by saying you are brainy, but to be honest don't take it to hear, sometimes parents say stupid things they don't mean and they regret.... but the problem with parents is very few will appologise to their children when they are wrong, the do not back down... well thats the case wiht mine anyway..... don't take it as an offense i am sure your mum didn't mean it to sound nasty.
username21537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if she does it again, call her a cocknose
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads