Turn on thread page Beta

First moments at uni... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i arrived, my mam, dad an brother stopped wi me for about half an hour, then they left, so we said goodbye and i cried i took a pic of them leaving on my mobile from my 13th floor window, i still have it to this day
    then i was on my own for at least 3 days. and had flatmates i couldnt get on wi, or even communicate wi.

first day at uni, talked to the first person i saw in order to latch on. havent got rid of her since, despite the time i said i'd meet her at lunch when i had no intention of doing

ReputationRep:
    My first day is a bit of a blur now. Arrived, got my key...my key then got stuck in the door and I had to walk back to the porter's lodge to get another. One of my flatmates made me a cup of tea and I met a few others. Once I'd been food shopping we headed off for a campus pub crawl...ended up meeting a lot of people, getting very drunk and returned to my room (still drunk) at 6am and attempted to put the bed sheets on! Ah, funny...woke up the next morning and not so surprisingly, my sheets had come off the bed. Went into the kitchen, bleary-eyed and in my pj's to get some water (cure the hangover) and found all of my flatmates sitting around the breakfast table; showered, dressed and looking like they'd had the best nights' sleep in the world.....very embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    I arrived three hours late, for reasons which I won't go into, and was greeted at reception by one of the hall tutors, who is a member of TSR, who said, "Hi Katie! You're in a flat with Nikki!" (another TSR person) which was a bit strange!

Then my family and I got all my stuff out of the car and dumped it in my room, before going off to the Sainsbury's on Whiteladies Road to get some groceries. An hour or so later I came back, said goodbye to my parents and watched them leave. I then spent a few minutes in my room freshening up before going out into the corridor to meet my flatmates, one of whom I had been speaking to for a few weeks on msn. Quickly discovered I was living with five great people. Now everyone has kind of formed friendship groups and I'm still mostly hanging out with my flatmates because they are cool.

ReputationRep:
    rite, was quite nervous, went to the accomodation office to get keys, drove to the house, walked up stairs, knocked into this dude whos stuff fell all over the place >.<...then walked to my flat, cudnt open the door, girl next door told me how to do it then opened my room door, went in...went. WOW! cos it was quite nice lol with ensuite and everything, which was quite clean as well hehe. started to unpack, realised there wasnt an internet ethernet cable thing. me and bro went to accomodation services again to ask about that, they sed they would deal with it later. ok. went back to room, talked for a bit with parents and bro who helped set up my computer lol. family went, walked outside to hall to find a guy! greeted, chatted, knocked on door of another flatmate! chatted, walked to asda...blah blah blah. cried on the first nite cos i felt lonely and didnt bring any teddies with me lol

ReputationRep:
    I cried all the way here, (mainly cos my boyf didn't turn up to see me off) but once i found my room and started unpacking and meeting the others i was ok then had a good night in swapping stories with the girls.

ReputationRep:
    Turned up, walked up to my college's reception, got my keys, went up to my room with this 2nd year geez, went to get my parents, moved all my stuff into my room as my mother unpacked it etc, once that was all done, went to a pub just around the corner for a lunch, said good bye to parents, walked back to my college, met everyone, sat in the kitchen for a bit, walked to the supermarket on campus, drank the alcohol I'd bought, then went to bed.

Bye.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.