The Student Room Group
I bit quite a few actually - somewhere in the vicinity of 7?
Lol I live in a wet, tropical climate and I have had none.
Reply 3
I was in Italy for three weeks and managed to avoid mosquito bites, but as soon as we got to France on the way back I got loads - and two weeks later, they're still there!! They won't go away!!
Reply 4
Went to Greece, got dozens.
I got massive ones in turkey. the were huge, red and puffy :eek: I was convinced that they were like infected or something
Reply 6
I get them in every season but winter. :frown: Thing that 'bugs' me is that I'm allergic to them so some become huge and they hurt rather than itch. A couple of years ago one even resulted in blood poisening. I have 3 or 4 atm, luckily they're staying rather small and itchy. I guess they like my sweet blood. :frown:
Reply 7
I got zero, did u do, mosquito's have the record for the most dangerous animal (or something along those lines). Saw it on Guiness World Records, they kill the most people from the dieases they carry

" "The world's most dangerous animal is the mosquito," according to a BBC World Service health program: malaria now infects approximately 110 million people annually, causing 2-3 million deaths, and with increasing drug resistance, the problem is worsening, while attempts to control the mosquitoes with pesticides have proved ineffective."
Reply 8
AndrewAledJames
I got zero, did u do, mosquito's have the record for the most dangerous animal (or something along those lines). Saw it on Guiness World Records, they kill the most people from the dieases they carry

" "The world's most dangerous animal is the mosquito," according to a BBC World Service health program: malaria now infects approximately 110 million people annually, causing 2-3 million deaths, and with increasing drug resistance, the problem is worsening, while attempts to control the mosquitoes with pesticides have proved ineffective."

Gosh. :frown:

Btw you all seem to have gotten your bites on holiday... did none of you get any in the UK?
i get loads! At the moment i have nine and that's just from the weekend.
Reply 10
I live in a desert and it's too hot for mosquitos (sp?) here.
Eeyore
I was in Italy for three weeks and managed to avoid mosquito bites, but as soon as we got to France on the way back I got loads - and two weeks later, they're still there!! They won't go away!!

I'm still suffering from a bite I got 2 years ago. It itches like mad sometimes... :frown:
Reply 12
my sister had to be put on a drip last week as she had them all over her right arm and it was all swollen and infected. She had them on her face aswell, she got them in the UK.
that's...kinda scary...

well over here we are having quite a few malaria cases. perhaps my skin is just too impregnable :biggrin:
Reply 14
It was she had to stay in for 2 nites. They are kinda goin now tho!
Reply 15
I spent 2 weeks in Alaska and got way more than ten! They are everywhere!

BTW - mosquito sprays DO NOT work! I even tried a 100% DEET spray but the little buggers didn't seem to mind lol

Latest

Trending

Trending