Big brother wench being sent back where she came from. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Legend22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by musicbloke)
This type of quasi-inductive reasoning is rather looked down on in political debate.

MB
This is a forum, it isnt an actual real debate. And yours, mine and everyone else opinions mean nothing in the real world. Is that all you have to say about what I posted? You have to find fault in me all the time dont you? I have only known you, what? All of 20 minutes, and already you are finding fault in me, so what else do you have to say.. apart from smart arse comments?
durhamlad1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
theres globalisation, then theres just causing a mess, if they've no reason to be here, what use is it to our country, it's not going to favour our country's economy in anyway.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Just_Izzy)
Oh my god! So because someone does serve to help the economy they are a waste of space?! That's terrible! These are human beings, and more often than not, there is a reason why they have sneaked illegally into the country, for aslyum purposes!
I said that if they CANT offer any help to the economy, then they shouldnt come into this country because they would be living off benefits, which is wrong. If they cant work like most other people, then they dont deserve to be here, if someone seeking asylum can put something back into the country, then they should be able to come to the UK.
Just_Izzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by durhamlad1)
theres globalisation, then theres just causing a mess, if they've no reason to be here, what use is it to our country, it's not going to favour our country's economy in anyway.
Wow... it appears that none of you people feel any kind of compassion to your fellow man! I can't believe that simply because someone doesn't serve to help our economy they are not worth the time of day...

I don't think I serve england's economy to a great extent? Shall I just go and pack my bags then?
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by durhamlad1)
The only real reason they have for seeking asylum is because of how much their own country is messed up, I dont see how or why that is our problem, just because this is a free country, doesnt mean everyone will welcome asylum seekers and illegal immigrants
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Shaun O'Keefe)
I said that if they CANT offer any help to the economy, then they shouldnt come into this country because they would be living off benefits, which is wrong. If they cant work like most other people, then they dont deserve to be here, if someone seeking asylum can put something back into the country, then they should be able to come to the UK.
but you are missing the whole point! The fundamental idea of asylum is not can they help the UK, but can the UK help them... be it political asylum or whatever...
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow... it appears that none of you people feel any kind of compassion to your fellow man! I can't believe that simply because someone doesn't serve to help our economy they are not worth the time of day...

I don't think I serve england's economy to a great extent? Shall I just go and pack my bags then?
If they cant help the economy, then they are a waste of time, money, effort and space. Simple. This might sound heartless, but thats the way I feel about it.
dave
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This is ****ing atrocious. Maybe we should get rid of intolerant right-wingers like yourself. There are very good reasons why a lot of people are illegal immigrants. I don't know why people like you insist on denigrating them.

MB
That is your opinion - which I respect. It is NOT, however, fact, imo.

I have about as much interest in big brother as I have pouring a kettleful of boiling water over my genitalia - however - if the lady concerned HAS broken the law - then she must pay the penalty as we ALL should if we broke the law.

I suspect, though, that the gutter press will, as usual, use its "powers of persuasion" to circumvent the law.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
but you are missing the whole point! The fundamental idea of asylum is not can they help the UK, but can the UK help them... be it political asylum or whatever...
But how can the UK help them? By giving them homes and benefits? If they want to come over here, then they need to work for a living and pay for all these luxuries themselves.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This is a forum, it isnt an actual real debate.
It is a real debate whether you like it or not. We have an antithesis of opinions that clearly needs resolving.

And yours, mine and everyone else opinions mean nothing in the real world.
Yes they do. You can condemn yourself to be ineffective in life but please don't condemn me too.

Is that all you have to say about what I posted? You have to find fault in me all the time dont you? I have only known you, what? All of 20 minutes, and already you are finding fault in me
I did have more to say but considering you have ignored earlier criticisms (seemingly in place of self-promotion) I couldn't be bothered. Try reading the thread again, and take off those blue tinted specs.

MB
durhamlad1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If your an immigrant, then in my opinion yes. Why should we let people live in what is the most attractive country and do nothing, it's people who work in britain that makes the place what it is, with an abundance of people doing squat then it's obviously not going to favour anybody!!
jpowell
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh my god! So because someone does serve to help the economy they are a waste of space?! That's terrible! These are human beings, and more often than not, there is a reason why they have sneaked illegally into the country, for aslyum purposes!
I think this simply serves to cloud the issues here. It is as easy to argue that all illegal immigrants are here because they are escaping persecution as it is to argue that all illegal immigrants are here because they want to scrounge off the benefit system.

Let's look at the facts, the UK has Asylum law. If someone comes to this country who is being persecuted then they should register for asylum. If someone comes to this country who is simply seeking to gain a better life for themselves at the expense of other people then they should be deported. If someone comes to this country who is seeking to gain a better life for themselves who is willing to work hard and pay taxes and contribute then they should be welcomed with open arms.

I'm not going to pretend the Asylum system is perfect and infallible, but if it is continuously abused then it is only to be expected that the public will get fed up of it.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bodhisattva)
That is your opinion - which I respect. It is NOT, however, fact, imo.
lol, how ironic. Yes, of course it's an opinion. I didn't present it as anything other than a conclusion to an argument. Your statement, on the other hand, is a fact. That means you can remove the 'imo' from the end of it.

MB
Just_Izzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But how can the UK help them? By giving them homes and benefits? If they want to come over here, then they need to work for a living and pay for all these luxuries themselves.
By offering them support in their time of need... and I'm sorry, but if you are coming from a deprived and distressed country, you aren't exactly going to be able to support yourself..

It just boils down with you being unhappy about paying taxes which benefit others as well as yourself. Yes, at the start they may not be putting anything back into the UK's economy, but give them time!

Its the attitude that is your problem... seriously... I find it actually quite offensive and horrible. These people aren't the enemy...
dave
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol, how ironic. Yes, of course it's an opinion. I didn't present it as anything other than a conclusion to an argument. Your statement, on the other hand, is a fact. That means you can remove the 'imo' from the end of it.

MB

No no, my dear chap. It was presented as a preclusion to a contentious final remark.

Edit: What part of "respect for other people's opinions" do you have difficulty in understanding? After all - I publicly acknowledged that I respected yours. You, however, seem unable to reciprocate. I wish you'd prove me wrong.
durhamlad1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
musicbloke in patronising shocker! FACT.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
MB - I understand everything that you have said. And I respect your opinions, but all we are doing is arguing and going round in circles.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, because the law is always right about everything :rolleyes:

MB
She came into the country knowing that she came in subject to conditions. i.e. her being employed as a nurse. Her work gave her the choice work there or leave and go on big brother. She chose to leave, she chose to break the conditions of her stay therefore she should go.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
She came into the country knowing that she came in subject to conditions. i.e. her being employed as a nurse. Her work gave her the choice work there or leave and go on big brother. She chose to leave, she chose to break the conditions of her stay therefore she should go.
Exactly, she broke the terms, now she needs to face the consequences.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Exactly, she broke the terms, now she needs to face the consequences.
So she has to personally and individually deal with the consequences of her being born in a war-ridden country that has been ****ed over by the West for many years, not to mention various tyrants.

BTW Bodhisattva - I didn't mean to cause offence, I was only having a laugh with you.

MB
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads