Turn on thread page Beta

Big brother wench being sent back where she came from. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun O'Keefe)
    This is a forum, it isnt an actual real debate. And yours, mine and everyone else opinions mean nothing in the real world. Is that all you have to say about what I posted? You have to find fault in me all the time dont you? I have only known you, what? All of 20 minutes, and already you are finding fault in me, so what else do you have to say.. apart from smart arse comments?
    Yeah I agree Shaun people probably were'nt trying to get noticed by the government by posting in this thread but to show ther opinions on the matters of illegal immigrants and these terrorist fools.

This discussion could actually change the publics view on the matter which could result in the government taking notice.

ReputationRep:
    She had a visa, she could have sticked to the terms and stayed in her job. Instead she went and made a complete tw*t of herself in front of millions, so yes she should deal with the consequences of war, like this country did in WW1 and WW2. The whole of the UK could have cleared off then, but they fought for their country. Stick up for your country instead of letting foreigners walk all over you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarist_3091)
    Yeah I agree Shaun people probably were'nt trying to get noticed by the government by posting in this thread but to show ther opinions on the matters of illegal immigrants and these terrorist fools.

This discussion could actually change the publics view on the matter which could result in the government taking notice.
    I know, have you read the whole thread? Inlcuding the other things myself, and others said?

ReputationRep:
    She had a visa, she could have sticked to the terms and stayed in her job. Instead she went and made a complete tw*t of herself in front of millions, so yes she should deal with the consequences of war, like this country did in WW1 and WW2. The whole of the UK could have cleared off then, but they fought for their country. Stick up for your country instead of letting foreigners walk all over you.
    OKAY so shes leaving, get over it...this thread could go on forever. I for one thought she was the best housemate theres ever been and even you cant deny that (unless u didnt watch it) Fine, she should have stuck to the terms of her visa but you dont know her, dont judge her and let her get on with her life. Shes made plenty of mistakes, who hasnt?

ReputationRep:
    Well no-one's dealt with my post-report so I'll sort it out

so yes she should deal with the consequences of war, like this country did in ... WW2.
    Actually what you're saying is closer to "The Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, black people, disabled people, communists, etc etc should have dealt with the consequences of WW2 on their own. Your comparison does not stand up.

The whole of the UK could have cleared off then, but they fought for their country.
    You clearly have a rather distorted view of history. This is not what WW2 was about in any easy sense. It was certainly not a simple nationalist war on Britain's count.

Stick up for your country instead of letting foreigners walk all over you.
    I stick up for my country by valuing diversity, culture, and everyone - both economically and socially.

MB

ReputationRep:
    she was here on a work visa and then quit her job. sounds like a breach of the conditions to me.

deport her and deport her now. if she refuses, have her shot for all i care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbloke)
    BTW Bodhisattva - I didn't mean to cause offence, I was only having a laugh with you.

MB
    In which case I apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    I am not immature, and I can have a debate. You come across as a smart arse thats all, thats just first impressions you gave me. By the way, did you read the other post I made? It was about 11 lines long, its just I didnt see any reply from you? I never spewed any headlines at you. Did I?

Well saying she should go back to where she came from is right in one way because thats what it is, ''where she came from''. But I wouldnt say it is as much their country as it is ours. They are intruding if they are illegal immigrants without permission to be here. Say if a burglar was out in the cold and broke into your house seeking refuge, you would kick them out without a second thought, and they are British born. And if you moved to a different nation, you would have some work skills to offer and you would also seek permission before going there, and you wouldnt get in there illegaly.
    I most certainly wouldn't!! And comparing illegal immigrants with burglars is not really a good comparison.

(Original post by AMM)
    So in your ideal world countries would not have the right to protect their land? It would be perfectly right in your opinion for a group of people in one country to go and seize the land of another? That is the definition of an invasion. Do you support invasions of other sovreign countries?
    I wasn't under the impression that illegal immigrants were "seizing" our land?

Some of them are though because they are useless to the economy, so yes, they are a waste of space.
    Just because someone doesn't contribute to the economy, it does not mean that they are a "waste of space". These are human beings we are talking about.

If you all support them coming into this country seeking refuge, offer them a place in your home.
    That would be illegal I believe (should they actually take up the offer).

(Original post by durhamlad1)
    theres globalisation, then theres just causing a mess, if they've no reason to be here, what use is it to our country, it's not going to favour our country's economy in anyway.
    I'm sure they think they have a perfectly valid reason for being here.

I said that if they CANT offer any help to the economy, then they shouldnt come into this country because they would be living off benefits, which is wrong. If they cant work like most other people, then they dont deserve to be here, if someone seeking asylum can put something back into the country, then they should be able to come to the UK.
    What about all the British born who don't work?

The only real reason they have for seeking asylum is because of how much their own country is messed up, I dont see how or why that is our problem, just because this is a free country, doesnt mean everyone will welcome asylum seekers and illegal immigrants
    We are also humans.

If they cant help the economy, then they are a waste of time, money, effort and space. Simple. This might sound heartless, but thats the way I feel about it.
    Cetainly does. Is your opinion the same about British people who can't help the economy?

But how can the UK help them? By giving them homes and benefits? If they want to come over here, then they need to work for a living and pay for all these luxuries themselves.
    It may just be me, but I wouldn't consider a home a luxury, more like a basic necessity.

Is this only a reference to Zimbabwe, or to immigration in the UK as well?

(Original post by technik)
    she was here on a work visa and then quit her job. sounds like a breach of the conditions to me.

deport her and deport her now. if she refuses, have her shot for all i care.
    A little bit harsh, isn't it? Or do you condone what happened to the Brazilian guy? After all, his visa had expired (hadn't it, please ignore this if I am wrong).

ReputationRep:
    I agree with musicbloke and I think Shaun Okeefe talks ****.
    He is saying that the BB contester should be kicked out of country,just because she isnt contributing to the economy or didnt wear the seatbelt. I wonder how Shaun Okeefe contributes to their economy. He just consumes the taxpayers money, by going to school or by having medical care. So Shaun,you havent even started earning money and now you talk ****. What will happen when you start earning?You will feel like PM of this country and kick out everyone who doesnt have visa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    He is saying that the BB contester should be kicked out of country,just because she isnt contributing to the economy or didnt wear the seatbelt.
    Where does he say that?
    I've read where he says "She had a visa, she could have sticked to the terms and stayed in her job. Instead she went and made a complete tw*t of herself in front of millions, so yes she should deal with the consequences of war," but I don't see the words "economy" or "seatbelt".

For heavens sake - she broke the terms of her visa agreement knowing full well what the consequences would be. I don't care whether she's black,yellow, green with pink spots, east european, chinese or hails from bloody MARS!!! She broke the law of the land - and whether you agree with it or not - she did it knowingly - time to pay the piper. She gambled. She lost.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with MolsakaG... nice summary mate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    Where does he say that?
    I've read where he says "She had a visa, she could have sticked to the terms and stayed in her job. Instead she went and made a complete tw*t of herself in front of millions, so yes she should deal with the consequences of war," but I don't see the words "economy" or "seatbelt".

For heavens sake - she broke the terms of her visa agreement knowing full well what the consequences would be. I don't care whether she's black,yellow, green with pink spots, east european, chinese or hails from bloody MARS!!! She broke the law of the land - and whether you agree with it or not - she did it knowingly - time to pay the piper. She gambled. She lost.
    well, shaun implied the things i mentioned. So when you are drunk and apparently dont wear seatbelt, should you be shot or kicked out of the country?For christ sake,not wearing a seat belt isnt a big issue.Many british tourists dont wear it on holidays. So do you think they should be kicked out and the relationship with this country should be broken?Your statements are truly ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    He is saying that the BB contester should be kicked out of country,just because she isnt contributing to the economy or didnt wear the seatbelt. I wonder how Shaun Okeefe contributes to their economy. He just consumes the taxpayers money, by going to school or by having medical care. So Shaun,you havent even started earning money and now you talk ****. What will happen when you start earning?You will feel like PM of this country and kick out everyone who doesnt have visa?
    Exactly. What was said before? The people of Spain own Spain and the people of England own England? Oh ok then, when I die I think I'll put in a clause about my little acre of England in my will, and leave it to my mates. We don't own England for God's sake. We are citizens of England, so we have the rights that English citizens have. That is all. We do not own it, we never will. The point I was trying to make is that as an individual no-one has the right to say anybody that they should go back to "where they came from". The whole suggestion is absurd. What right do we have to say that? This is my country - what, because we live here? What if next time we go on holiday people tell us to piss off because we shouldn't be there.

I'm not speaking of Asylum laws here, or politically - I'm talking straight up, logically. And comparing a break-in to immigration is laughable! If someone broke into my house (as they broke into my mother's last year) I'd be pissed off; because they're breaking into my house. As my mother was when we were broken into last summer. I'd own my house. I don't own England - so who am I to say 'get out'? It was by sheer luck that I was born here, no-one gets a preference.

Without trying to sound like some peace-loving activist, it's all one world. Nations have their different cultures and their different customs, traditions, way of life - but that's why mixing is natural. Don't we want to experience these different living experiences? I hate the idea of segregation. I hate it when, in school/college/uni, you can observe little groups of ethnicity gathered together and not integrating; blacks hanging out together, whites in another corner, Muslims in a huddle...we're all the same! We just have different experiences to share.

So when people say that people who are born in other nations should leave British soil because it is not their country, it is not, really and lawfully, the country of the British citizens. We, as individuals don't own it. If you die tomorrow, your supposed share in our nation will go unnoticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just_Izzy)
    I'm with MolsakaG... nice summary mate!
    Cheers mate .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    well, shaun implied the things i mentioned. So when you are drunk and apparently dont wear seatbelt, should you be shot or kicked out of the country?For christ sake,not wearing a seat belt isnt a big issue.Many british tourists dont wear it on holidays. So do you think they should be kicked out and the relationship with this country should be broken?Your statements are truly ****.
    Please try reading a post properly. Of course not wearing a seatbelt isn't a hanging offence. Don't be so bloody daft - where am I suggesting she should be deported for that?
    Come to think of it - where am I suggesting that she should be deported?

Let me put this in plain english - so you'll understand it.

If ANYONE in this country breaks one if this country's laws - they must accept the punishment allocated. Do you see? No mention of seatbelt. No mention of "drunk".
    The same applies to any country in the world.

Having said that - this subject has raised such emotions on this site - if the gutter press follow suit - the lady in question will end up a millionaire and laughing at ALL of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MolsakaG)
    A little bit harsh, isn't it? Or do you condone what happened to the Brazilian guy? After all, his visa had expired (hadn't it, please ignore this if I am wrong).
    in my opinion he was partly to blame for his own death. the other part being a police fiasco.

do you disagree with that analysis?

ReputationRep:
    Please try reading a post properly. Of course not wearing a seatbelt isn't a hanging offence. Don't be so bloody daft - where am I suggesting she should be deported for that?

If ANYONE in this country breaks one if this country's laws - they must accept the punishment allocated. Do you see? No mention of seatbelt. No mention of "drunk".

Having said that - this subject has raised such emotions on this site - if the gutter press follow suit - the lady in question will end up a millionaire and laughing at ALL of us.
    'She broke the law of the land - and whether you agree with it or not - she did it knowingly - time to pay the piper. She gambled. She lost.'
    what do you think of this post which belongs to u.

ReputationRep:

so,how do you want to treat her now?Her visa problem and seat belt problem are completely different things. They dont want to kick her out just because of her seatbelt.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't under the impression that illegal immigrants were "seizing" our land?
    I wasn't implying they were. I was simply responding to the claim that everyone has the right to live literally everywhere.

What about all the British born who don't work?
    If they are surviving off state benefits but are healthy and able to work then they are a drain on this country as much as any illegal immigrant.

You need to make a distinction between asylum seeker and illegal immigrant. One is someone who is in need of aid and comes to this country for protection, the other is someone who is not in need but comes to take advantage of our country anyway. Immigrants (neither illegal nor asylum seekers) are a valuable asset to our country and are far more worthy of the opportunities available here than someone British born who doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the seatbelt is a completely separate incident, as I'm sure people are aware. That's just how the police became aware of her records - because she was pulled up because of the lack of belt!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.