Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    'She broke the law of the land - and whether you agree with it or not - she did it knowingly - time to pay the piper. She gambled. She lost.'
    what do you think of this post which belongs to u.
    Yes - she broke the law - and she must answer for it. As would you if YOU broke the law, as would I if I broke the law. Are you saying she should be ABOVE the law? If so, I'd be interested to read your justifications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    in my opinion he was partly to blame for his own death. the other part being a police fiasco.

do you disagree with that analysis?
    Please elaborate what you mean by "partly to blame for his own death". Do you mean that because his visa had expired he was partly to blame for his own death. If so, I disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    so,how do you want to treat her now?Her visa problem and seat belt problem are completely different things. They dont want to kick her out just because of her seatbelt.
    I'm TALKING about her visa problem!!!!!!! I don't give a SH*T about the seatbelt!!!!!
    Put glasses on!!! READ!!

(Original post by bodhisattva)
    For heavens sake - she broke the terms of her visa agreement knowing full well what the consequences would be. I don't care whether she's black,yellow, green with pink spots, east european, chinese or hails from bloody MARS!!! She broke the law of the land - and whether you agree with it or not - she did it knowingly - time to pay the piper. She gambled. She lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    I agree with musicbloke and I think Shaun Okeefe talks ****.
    He is saying that the BB contester should be kicked out of country,just because she isnt contributing to the economy or didnt wear the seatbelt. I wonder how Shaun Okeefe contributes to their economy. He just consumes the taxpayers money, by going to school or by having medical care. So Shaun,you havent even started earning money and now you talk ****. What will happen when you start earning?You will feel like PM of this country and kick out everyone who doesnt have visa?
    I have started earning money because Ive got a paper round. It isnt much but I am still going out there in all ****ing weathers to give people their papers, I chose to do it, I didnt have to. I am getting a job next year as soon as I turn 16 because I want to EARN money and not sponge it off my parents. I havent had medical care for 7 years, because I have never been sick. I have NEVER been to the doctors, or the hospital for the past 7 years, unless it has been visiting someone, or getting a needle that I REQUIRE at my age. ''he just consumed the taxpayers money'' my mum and dad pay tax, so they are ''tax payers'' Oh.. and I'm talking a **** am I? No, Im not talking ****. Im speaking my mind, something which you (Izzy) cant accept. Can I just ask, how old are you, it says you are studying at school in your profile, so are you working.. or are you? Like me living off tax payers money? Also, what jobs do your parents do? And are they as snobby as you? You dont even ****ing know me, yet you sit there and judge me. And if someone comes over to this country without a visa, then yes THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY. There are people over in America now dealing with devastation with floods, and fires.. they have got to spend months cleaning that all up, and then rebuilding their homes, they are not running over here seeking refuge, so dont you DARE judge me again because you dont even know me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMM)
    I wasn't implying they were. I was simply responding to the claim that everyone has the right to live literally everywhere.

If they are surviving off state benefits but are healthy and able to work then they are a drain on this country as much as any illegal immigrant.

You need to make a distinction between asylum seeker and illegal immigrant. One is someone who is in need of aid and comes to this country for protection, the other is someone who is not in need but comes to take advantage of our country anyway. Immigrants (neither illegal nor asylum seekers) are a valuable asset to our country and are far more worthy of the opportunities available here than someone British born who doesn't work.
    BB contester is not illegal immigrant.She still has work permit,which is going to expire.So what have illegal immigrants done to you?Did they threaten to kill you?They havent done anything bad as far as I am aware. They just try to avoid police, by being quite and working. So should be kick out British born people who are surviving off state benefits?Gosh,you are making these statements, as if you are paying taxes and worry about where your money go. When you start earning money, then make such comments. But now you are like some puppy,who needs care from parents or taxpayers money o study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    BB contester is not illegal immigrant.She still has work permit,which is going to expire.So what have illegal immigrants done to you?Did they threaten to kill you?They havent done anything bad as far as I am aware. They just try to avoid police, by being quite and working. So should be kick out British born people who are surviving off state benefits?Gosh,you are making these statements, as if you are paying taxes and worry about where your money go. When you start earning money, then make such comments. But now you are like some puppy,who needs care from parents or taxpayers money o study.
    OK then yeah. We should kick all these people who earn benefits and work on the sly, they are living off the state, and getting all kinds of benefits. I didnt say that they shouldnt be kicked out, if they dont want to work, then they can **** off. ''GOSH YOU ARE MAKING THESE STATEMENTS AS IF YOUR PAYING TAX'' Are you ****ing rich or something, get into the real world. What are you saying, you can only have an opinion if you pay tax? Get real will ya.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun O'Keefe)
    I have started earning money because Ive got a paper round. It isnt much but I am still going out there in all ****ing weathers to give people their papers, I chose to do it, I didnt have to. I am getting a job next year as soon as I turn 16 because I want to EARN money and not sponge it off my parents. I havent had medical care for 7 years, because I have never been sick. I have NEVER been to the doctors, or the hospital for the past 7 years, unless it has been visiting someone, or getting a needle that I REQUIRE at my age. ''he just consumed the taxpayers money'' my mum and dad pay tax, so they are ''tax payers'' Oh.. and I'm talking a **** am I? No, Im not talking ****. Im speaking my mind, something which you (Izzy) cant accept. Can I just ask, how old are you, it says you are studying at school in your profile, so are you working.. or are you? Like me living off tax payers money? Also, what jobs do your parents do? And are they as snobby as you? You dont even ****ing know me, yet you sit there and judge me. And if someone comes over to this country without a visa, then yes THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY. There are people over in America now dealing with devastation with floods, and fires.. they have got to spend months cleaning that all up, and then rebuilding their homes, they are not running over here seeking refuge, so dont you DARE judge me again because you dont even know me.
    oh yer.you are so great shaun. you earn so much money from paper round,like over 100k a year and half of it you have to pay for taxes. How great of you.
    America and Zimbabwe are two different things. Do you think Americans are going to migrate to Zimbabwe and seek for refuge. THese people knows they are going to get their money back from insurance companies and they know they live in civilized country, where state will care for them. Yes i m studying and consume tax payers money, but i dont moan and boast around like you do.I am greatful to taxpayers for giving me such opportunity.As zhivago said, you dont own this country,you dont even contribute to the economy, so stop boasting around. It is not you who is making decisions anyway. Thanks god for that. I dont want UK to become Sierra Lione.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMM)
    I wasn't implying they were. I was simply responding to the claim that everyone has the right to live literally everywhere.
    Fair enough, although perhaps it is worth remembering that nobody literally owns any part of our wonderful planet.

(Original post by AMM)
    If they are surviving off state benefits but are healthy and able to work then they are a drain on this country as much as any illegal immigrant.

You need to make a distinction between asylum seeker and illegal immigrant. One is someone who is in need of aid and comes to this country for protection, the other is someone who is not in need but comes to take advantage of our country anyway. Immigrants (neither illegal nor asylum seekers) are a valuable asset to our country and are far more worthy of the opportunities available here than someone British born who doesn't work.
    Although I agree with the rest of the post, I have a problem with this. I honestly do not believe that they come to our country in order to take advantage of us. I believe the majority do so in order to have a better life. Many are economic migrants, suggesting that they are "in need" of money, food, etc., something which the land in which they were born cannot provide. We should take into consideration that we are not all so lucky as to have been born in such a wonderful country.

ReputationRep:
    OK then yeah. We should kick all these people who earn benefits and work on the sly, they are living off the state, and getting all kinds of benefits. I didnt say that they shouldnt be kicked out, if they dont want to work, then they can **** off. ''GOSH YOU ARE MAKING THESE STATEMENTS AS IF YOUR PAYING TAX'' Are you ****ing rich or something, get into the real world. What are you saying, you can only have an opinion if you pay tax? Get real will ya.
    you dont own this country, so stfu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    oh yer.you are so great shaun. you earn so much money from paper round,like over 100k a year and half of it you have to pay for taxes. How great of you.
    America and Zimbabwe are two different things. Do you think Americans are going to migrate to Zimbabwe and seek for refuge. THese people knows they are going to get their money back from insurance companies and they know they live in civilized country, where state will care for them. Yes i m studying and consume tax payers money, but i dont moan and boast around like you do.I am greatful to taxpayers for giving me such opportunity.As zhivago said, you dont own this country,you dont even contribute to the economy, so stop boasting around. It is not you who is making decisions anyway. Thanks god for that. I dont want UK to become Sierra Lione.
    How the HELL am I boasting? I am stating my opinion, you need to grow up and get into the real world and get off your high horse before someone pushes you off, and stop dodging my question, how old are you.. and what jobs do your parents have? And Im 15, dont be so silly, of course Im not earning 100k a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    you dont own this country, so stfu.
    And neither do you, so GROW up and get into the real world.

ReputationRep:
    How the HELL am I boasting? I am stating my opinion, you need to grow up and get into the real world and get off your high horse before someone pushes you off, and stop dodging my question, how old are you.. and what jobs do your parents have? And Im 15, dont be so silly, of course Im not earning 100k a year.
    good for you.I m not going to argue anymore,because it is pointless.Concentrate on your final gcse year rather than on immigrants. If you are so worried about illegal immigrants entering this country,then write a letter to home office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MolsakaG)
    Please elaborate what you mean by "partly to blame for his own death". Do you mean that because his visa had expired he was partly to blame for his own death. If so, I disagree.
    from what people have been saying...and it under investigation still it must be noted...

he was here illegally and then did a runner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    good for you.I m not going to argue anymore,because it is pointless.Concentrate on your final gcse year rather than on immigrants. If you are so worried about illegal immigrants entering this country,then write a letter to home office.
    And what will their reaction be? Some mindless tripe like the **** you spouted.

ReputationRep:
    And neither do you, so GROW up and get into the real world.
    at least i m not boastring around like you.What do you mean by real world?I live in a real world,on a planet earth, in europe, in UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    at least i m not boastring around like you.What do you mean by real world?I live in a real world,on a planet earth, in europe, in UK
    Thanks for proving just how childish you really are. By the real world I mean, do you think it is so easy that all these illegals can come into the country and everything will be hunky dory? It isnt that easy. And how am I boasting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Damn I just lost all respect for the girl.

"wench" is a bit harsh, she was the only semi-interesting contestant at the end.
    yeah like you had to watch 'more of makosi' to see if she could out do herself once again the following day or to hear who she was *****ing about.......she was a ***** in her own right but some ****s she came out with were top notch and funny....imo! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for proving just how childish you really are. By the real world I mean, do you think it is so easy that all these illegals can come into the country and everything will be hunky dory? It isnt that easy. And how am I boasting?
    what you dont get is that BB contester is not an illegal immigrant. She has a work permit, which is going to expire soon. Maybe you dont understand what the real world is, because you dont know the difference between Zimbabwe citizens and American citizens. You always provide stupid examples, e.g. burgery means same as illegal immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    what you dont get is that BB contester is not an illegal immigrant. She has a work permit, which is going to expire soon. Maybe you dont understand what the real world is, because you dont know the difference between Zimbabwe citizens and American citizens. You always provide stupid examples, e.g. burgery means same as illegal immigration.
    I didnt say it meant the same thing. I was making a comparison. I didnt say Makosi was an illegal immigrant, the terms of her work permit was that she had to work, not act like a ****ing ******** in the Big Bore house, she broke the rules.. so now she is going home. Its tuff ****, she knew the rules, she didnt abide by them, she has got noone else to blame but herself. I do know the difference, and I was saying Americans are going through trauma now, they are clearing everything up, not running halfway across the world for a better life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MolsakaG)
    Fair enough, although perhaps it is worth remembering that nobody literally owns any part of our wonderful planet.
    Never has a truer word been spoken.
    Immigration has a part to play in any society - especially one (as somebody else pointed out) as multi-cultural as ours.
    Having said that - if I wish to emigrate to, say, the USA, I have to follow THEIR procedures. Viz-à-vis, if anyone wishes to emigrate to the UK - then they must satisfy UK procedures. If their claim is genuine and substantiated - then they should be allowed entry.

I don't make the law, neither does anyone here.

But we ALL have to live by them, whether we agree with them or not.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.