Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun O'Keefe)
    I didnt say it meant the same thing. I was making a comparison. I didnt say Makosi was an illegal immigrant, the terms of her work permit was that she had to work, not act like a ****ing ******** in the Big Bore house, she broke the rules.. so now she is going home. Its tuff ****, she knew the rules, she didnt abide by them, she has got noone else to blame but herself. I do know the difference, and I was saying Americans are going through trauma now, they are clearing everything up, not running halfway across the world for a better life.
    your examples means nothing.dum examples really.why would americans rund halfway across the world for a better life?
    she did work, she went o BB house to get money so that her mom can have an operation in SA.Every person deserves some kind of a rest. We are all humans in the end of the day. Maybe in your eyes immigrants are robots who have to work non stop, but in my eyes I consider them to be humans.

ReputationRep:

Makosi = Flith!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicki P)

Makosi = Flith!!
    Ouch...a tad harsh.

Is she not an oncology nurse?
    And don't we need all the oncology nurses we can get?

(I feel compelled to point out that I did not watch BB)

ReputationRep:
    Well of course their humans, what a stupid thing to say. They werent dumb examples. And an American would run halfway across the world for a better life because their home has just been destroyed because of a flood, thats why you ****ing idiot. She didnt get any money at all, so that was just a complete waste of time, and did the operation cost 100k? Or even 50k? I never mentioned anything about them being robots, and if people dont work because they cant be bothered, then yes they should be deported, along with asylum seekers who come over here and willingly live off benefits. And as a student I have more right to live off tax payers money because my parents pay tax, so really you could say I was living off their money.
    nonsense. An american is not going to run. He knows he is going to get his money back, because he was insured.Or an american who wasnt insured will move to other american city. He doesnt need to run, because he lives in the richest nation on earth. Macozi wanted to get money. She cant predict whether she will get or not. How do you know the cost of her moms operation?What if it costed 100k or more?Macozi worked at hospital. She just went on BB,just because she needed money and a break. Every person needs a breat. She didnt work for a while, she will.So if you get ill or you see your life pointless and spend a month being drunk, should you be kicked out of this country?And macozi was a taxpayer,because she was on work permit,had National insurance card and had to pay taxes.
    Why do you call me an '****ing idiot'? This proves your childness rly. I cant be bothered with this anymore. A dumb person like you wont get it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    BB contester is not illegal immigrant.She still has work permit,which is going to expire.So what have illegal immigrants done to you?Did they threaten to kill you?They havent done anything bad as far as I am aware. They just try to avoid police, by being quite and working. So should be kick out British born people who are surviving off state benefits?Gosh,you are making these statements, as if you are paying taxes and worry about where your money go. When you start earning money, then make such comments. But now you are like some puppy,who needs care from parents or taxpayers money o study.
    I'll disregard your personal insults. I never said the BB contestant was an illegal immigrant, the discussion had moved on, however if as the reports say she was on a work permit and was no longer working then she should be removed from the country.

Should we kick out british people on state benefits? If they can work, but they choose not to, then yes, of course, unfortunately there is no way to do that, but I would gladly support it.

Illegal immigrants haven't harmed me personally no, but that is not a reason to want to remove them from this country. I've never been threatened by a murderer, doesn't mean I don't think murderers should be removed from society.

Yet that is completely irrelevant to my point, the whole reason we have immigration law at all is to prevent this country having far more people than it can reasonably support. If a person wishes to come and work in this country and live then I have absolutely no problem with it. I am NOT against immigration, I am against illegal immigration.

As for your insults regarding my financial status, all I will say is you do not know what you are talking about in the slightest.

(Original post by MolsakaG)
    Although I agree with the rest of the post, I have a problem with this. I honestly do not believe that they come to our country in order to take advantage of us. I believe the majority do so in order to have a better life. Many are economic migrants, suggesting that they are "in need" of money, food, etc., something which the land in which they were born cannot provide. We should take into consideration that we are not all so lucky as to have been born in such a wonderful country.
    Your point is fair, but the system is in place to prevent an unbearable strain on the economy. I'm not arguing that I don't think they have a right to a good life because they were born in a foreign country, i'm simply being practical in that we cannot provide jobs, houses and a life for every person in need in the world. Yes it would be bloody nice if we could, but we can't, so we need a practical system to prevent uncontrolled immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    from what people have been saying...and it under investigation still it must be noted...

he was here illegally and then did a runner...
    Plenty of young British students deliberately outstay their welcome in Australia. Would you say that that they 'deserved their fate' because they are there illegally if a similar tragedy were to befall one of them.

We haven't re-introduced the death penalty in this country - and certainly not for the crime of outstaying one's welcome.

ReputationRep:
    I have started earning money because Ive got a paper round. It isnt much but I am still going out there in all ****ing weathers to give people their papers, I chose to do it, I didnt have to. I am getting a job next year as soon as I turn 16 because I want to EARN money and not sponge it off my parents. I havent had medical care for 7 years, because I have never been sick. I have NEVER been to the doctors, or the hospital for the past 7 years, unless it has been visiting someone, or getting a needle that I REQUIRE at my age. ''he just consumed the taxpayers money'' my mum and dad pay tax, so they are ''tax payers'' Oh.. and I'm talking a **** am I? No, Im not talking ****. Im speaking my mind, something which you (Izzy) cant accept. Can I just ask, how old are you, it says you are studying at school in your profile, so are you working.. or are you? Like me living off tax payers money? Also, what jobs do your parents do? And are they as snobby as you? You dont even ****ing know me, yet you sit there and judge me. And if someone comes over to this country without a visa, then yes THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY. There are people over in America now dealing with devastation with floods, and fires.. they have got to spend months cleaning that all up, and then rebuilding their homes, they are not running over here seeking refuge, so dont you DARE judge me again because you dont even know me.
    Well said Shaun I think you argued your case well there. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I have started earning money because Ive got a paper round. It isnt much but I am still going out there in all ****ing weathers to give people their papers, I chose to do it, I didnt have to. I am getting a job next year as soon as I turn 16 because I want to EARN money and not sponge it off my parents. I havent had medical care for 7 years, because I have never been sick. I have NEVER been to the doctors, or the hospital for the past 7 years, unless it has been visiting someone, or getting a needle that I REQUIRE at my age.
    Well, consider yourself lucky, please don't automatically assume everyone else is as lucky as you. Some people do need medical care; very often it is medical care they cannot get. Other people also require those injections, but many never get them.

''he just consumed the taxpayers money'' my mum and dad pay tax, so they are ''tax payers'' Oh.. and I'm talking a **** am I? No, Im not talking ****. Im speaking my mind, something which you (Izzy) cant accept. Can I just ask, how old are you, it says you are studying at school in your profile, so are you working.. or are you? Like me living off tax payers money? Also, what jobs do your parents do? And are they as snobby as you? You dont even ****ing know me, yet you sit there and judge me. And if someone comes over to this country without a visa, then yes THEY SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR OWN COUNTRY.
    This is ridiculously arbitrary.

There are people over in America now dealing with devastation with floods, and fires.. they have got to spend months cleaning that all up, and then rebuilding their homes, they are not running over here seeking refuge, so dont you DARE judge me again because you dont even know me.
    Yes they have got to spend months cleaning that up, yes it is a terrible thing to have happened. But do you know why they have got to spend so long cleaning it up? It is because they had so much in the first place. Consider the tsunami, that happened just over 9 months ago. Many of the coastal villagers lived in wooden huts; relatively easy to replace. The Andaman island were (IIRC) completely swallowed up, yet the cost of the damage (economic) was nothing like that for a similar sized area in Katrina-afflicted US (yes I realise about population density etc, but it is an example). Very little industry etc. was affected (comparatively).

(Original post by IZZY!)
    oh yer.you are so great shaun. you earn so much money from paper round,like over 100k a year and half of it you have to pay for taxes. How great of you.
    America and Zimbabwe are two different things. Do you think Americans are going to migrate to Zimbabwe and seek for refuge. THese people knows they are going to get their money back from insurance companies and they know they live in civilized country, where state will care for them. Yes i m studying and consume tax payers money, but i dont moan and boast around like you do.I am greatful to taxpayers for giving me such opportunity.As zhivago said, you dont own this country,you dont even contribute to the economy, so stop boasting around. It is not you who is making decisions anyway. Thanks god for that. I dont want UK to become Sierra Lione.
    I don't really like that word :p: .

(Original post by technik)
    from what people have been saying...and it under investigation still it must be noted...

he was here illegally and then did a runner...
    Are you sure? From what I have heard he did not run away from the police (I may easily be wrong; please provide evidence if this is the case). Sure let us note it, sure let us wait for the results of the investigation. But I don't think that having an expired visa means you are partially to blame for being shot by the police.

And what will their reaction be? Some mindless tripe like the **** you spouted.
    I wonder why :rolleyes: ?

Thanks for proving just how childish you really are. By the real world I mean, do you think it is so easy that all these illegals can come into the country and everything will be hunky dory? It isnt that easy. And how am I boasting?
    Irrelevant. Most of the worthwhile things in life are not "easy".

I didnt say it meant the same thing. I was making a comparison. I didnt say Makosi was an illegal immigrant, the terms of her work permit was that she had to work, not act like a ****ing ******** in the Big Bore house, she broke the rules.. so now she is going home. Its tuff ****, she knew the rules, she didnt abide by them, she has got noone else to blame but herself. I do know the difference, and I was saying Americans are going through trauma now, they are clearing everything up, not running halfway across the world for a better life.
    What exactly are you implying here? That Zimbabweans don't want to clear things up? That they are not capable of doing so? That they all want to take the easy way out? Did it ever occur to you that they can't because they don't have the resources to clean up? Because they are under oppressive rule that will not allow them to clear up? Because many of them are starving and have no energy to clean up? Besides, people like you mean that immigration is not the easy way out. I think you are the one who is trying to take the easy way out, not them.

Well of course their humans, what a stupid thing to say. They werent dumb examples. And an American would run halfway across the world for a better life because their home has just been destroyed because of a flood, thats why you ****ing idiot. She didnt get any money at all, so that was just a complete waste of time, and did the operation cost 100k? Or even 50k? I never mentioned anything about them being robots, and if people dont work because they cant be bothered, then yes they should be deported, along with asylum seekers who come over here and willingly live off benefits. And as a student I have more right to live off tax payers money because my parents pay tax, so really you could say I was living off their money.
    1.That, as far as I can see, is irrelevant.
    2. As far as I am aware, they are not allowed to work, and so exactly what alternative do the have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guitarist_3091)
    Well said Shaun I think you argued your case well there. Lol.
    Yep. Somebody give that boy a Nobel Prize!
    The Nobel Paper-round Prize. I like the sound of that.

ReputationRep:
    1.That, as far as I can see, is irrelevant.
    2. As far as I am aware, they are not allowed to work, and so exactly what alternative do the have?
    Not to come here in the first place maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    Never has a truer word been spoken.
    Immigration has a part to play in any society - especially one (as somebody else pointed out) as multi-cultural as ours.
    Having said that - if I wish to emigrate to, say, the USA, I have to follow THEIR procedures. Viz-à-vis, if anyone wishes to emigrate to the UK - then they must satisfy UK procedures. If their claim is genuine and substantiated - then they should be allowed entry.

I don't make the law, neither does anyone here.

But we ALL have to live by them, whether we agree with them or not.
    Sorry, missed you there Bod :p: . Yes I agree to a certain extent, but it is useful to always bear this in mind and not be arrogant just becuase of where you were born (not saying you are :p: )

(Original post by AMM)
    Your point is fair, but the system is in place to prevent an unbearable strain on the economy. I'm not arguing that I don't think they have a right to a good life because they were born in a foreign country, i'm simply being practical in that we cannot provide jobs, houses and a life for every person in need in the world. Yes it would be bloody nice if we could, but we can't, so we need a practical system to prevent uncontrolled immigration.
    I think we can . . .

(Original post by AMM)
    Should we kick out british people on state benefits? If they can work, but they choose not to, then yes, of course, unfortunately there is no way to do that, but I would gladly support it.
    lol no only joking . Wouldn't it be nice though? I do appreciate what you are saying, and in the main agree with it. Just want to reiterate the point I made to Bod about arrogance, you are obviously not arrogant, but sadly far too many people in the UK are regarding issues such as these.

ReputationRep:
    Its all very mumbled up and foggy this immigrant situation these days. I think the main reason that so many people are allowed into the country is because of the religious side of the government, the "do-gooders" as they are otherwise known. They are the people who decide what is right for the government to do in certain situations using the fundamental rules laid down by the Bible.

I do not agree with this, the do-gooders rely on statements such as: "People deserve to have a safe place to live in and the same quality as life as others."

And they do.

But what I don't agree with is the fact that the do gooders opinions are either being agreed with or overuling the governments opinions on the matter. In my opinion the main priority of the government is to keep the habitants of Britain safe and free from as much threat as possible. If the government and the do-gooders are letting people into this country (who are potential threat to our citizens) then it is jeorpodising our health and disagreeing with the governments main priority to ensure the safety of ITS OWN inhabitants.

I know this was off the topic of a women not having a visa or something but for that matter I simply think that any citizen in the country should have the essential items to live here, otherwise the consequences will be proceeded with.

ReputationRep:
    ''Please elaborate''

What is there to elaboarate? If I am British, then of course I have got every right to live in Britain. Where the hell do you get off acting all high and mighty anyway? So your saying you would gladly swap places with an asylum seeker and let them live in your house, and you live in their country?
    Firstly, I apologise if I have acted "high and mightily", I did try and stop too much of my character showing. . Sorry no only joking, but seriously, I never intended to act in such a way, and apologise for it if this is the way it has come across.

Secondly, I am not disputing that you have the right to live in Britain, but am asking you to elaborate on why you feel you have more right to do so than anyone else, from anywhere.

Thirdly, never did I say such a thing or, to my knowledge, even imply it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with that totally Guitarist. It was the point I was trying to make, but some people are so stuck up in their own opinions, they dont look at anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I apologise if I have acted "high and mightily", I did try and stop too much of my character showing. . Sorry no only joking, but seriously, I never intended to act in such a way, and apologise for it if this is the way it has come across.

Secondly, I am not disputing that you have the right to live in Britain, but am asking you to elaborate on why you feel you have more right to do so than anyone else, from anywhere.

Thirdly, never did I say such a thing or, to my knowledge, even imply it.
    If you are born in the UK, then SURELY you have got more right, and more of a priority to live in your OWN country rather than someone else who wasnt born here just looking to be safe.

ReputationRep:
    Its all very mumbled up and foggy this immigrant situation these days. I think the main reason that so many people are allowed into the country is because of the religious side of the government, the "do-gooders" as they are otherwise known. They are the people who decide what is right for the government to do in certain situations using the fundamental rules laid down by the Bible.

I do not agree with this, the do-gooders rely on statements such as: "People deserve to have a safe place to live in and the same quality as life as others."

And they do.

But what I don't agree with is the fact that the do gooders opinions are either being agreed with or overuling the governments opinions on the matter. In my opinion the main priority of the government is to keep the habitants of Britain safe and free from as much threat as possible. If the government and the do-gooders are letting people into this country (who are potential threat to our citizens) then it is jeorpodising our health and disagreeing with the governments main priority to ensure the safety of ITS OWN inhabitants.

I know this was off the topic of a women not having a visa or something but for that matter I simply think that any citizen in the country should have the essential items to live here, otherwise the consequences will be proceeded with.
    Please could you give some example of these "do-gooders", I'm a little confused as to what you are talking about here? Or are you talking about the USA?

I certainly agree that the "do-gooder's" opinions should not overule those of the democratically elected government.

But many of the people they are letting in are not a threat to our health or our safety, and therefore, by letting them in, the government is not undermining the safety of the inhabitants of this country.

Sorry, what do you mean by the "essentials", are you referring to visas etc.? Again I'm a little confused . . .

ReputationRep:
    Yes but as I say the "Do-gooders" are sticking their ores in on this matter and twisting this so that everyone can live wherever they want and have the same priority.

ReputationRep:
    If you are born in the UK, then SURELY you have got more right, and more of a priority to live in your OWN country rather than someone else who wasnt born here just looking to be safe.
    Instead of telling me this is "SURELY" the case, could you actually elaborate upon why you believe this? After all, we were all born on this planet . . .
    If someone adopts this country as their "OWN", well, doesn't this "argument" rather fall apart?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but as I say the "Do-gooders" are sticking their ores in on this matter and twisting this so that everyone can live wherever they want and have the same priority.
    Who are they?

ReputationRep:
    BRITISH people should have first priority to live in BRITAIN. Outsiders should come second. I cant see how I can elaborate on this any further!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.