Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Piano Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    bit of help guys!

my compostition is almost finished and im a bit stuck on the form of it.

it has the first sorta "movement" (i'l call them movement cuz i dunno what else to call them lol) and then a second, and then the first comes back. the first two are completely different in sense of key, tempo, rhythm etc.. they are practically two different pieces put togther but i thought they sounded nice together the last section isn't really different from the first time it was played, it just sounds like an ending if ya know what i mean.

if i had to split each "movement" into sections it would be something like:

1st - ABAB
    2nd - CDC
    3rd - ABE

or something similar to that.

does it sound as if it has a form? or is it just form-less lol

also i was thinking sonata, but the 2nd movement doesnt contain any of the themes in the other movement.

it's not a condenza as its not a short solo part of music that lets the soloist show off lol. its quite simple and doesnt require much skill, only a trill that lasts for about 5 seconds :rolleyes:

any ideas welcome

ReputationRep:
    The second movement resembles ternary form.

ReputationRep:
    Bah, music doesn't always have to have strict forms. Don't try to push it into a form if it doesn't want to be in one.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know a site where i can download bartok piano music sheets? just the easy folk ones would be good. cant find any... strange.

ReputationRep:
    http://words3music.100free.com/links.html that website has links to website where you can download free sheet music - one of them might have it...

ReputationRep:
    OMFG!!! Me music teacher wants me to learn a new song for our peace assmebly (28th march) and i wont get the piece untill next wednesday!! which i think is the 1st!!! how am i supposed to perfect a song in 27 days??? i have exams coming up all loads of other stuff!!

but i can't wait, i've always wanted to play infront of my school (for some odd reason)

(someone hit me im listining to darren hayes - insatiable)

but anyways!!

lately i have been playing the heart asks pleausre first, and can now play about 5 bars with hands together which i think is good

also i have been slightly playing my solo gcse piece, Prelude in B Minor - Chopin. anyone heard it? it was on the grade 6 syllibus last yr or the year before or something lol. its kinda tricky but sure...

hows everyone else's playing going?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know that Chopin Prelude. To be honest, it requires a lot of expression etc and I personally think you'd be better off doing a grade 4/5 piece well than a grade 6 piece badly.

My playing is alright.

Next Wednesday is the 1st yes - my birthday hehe!! It isn't that hard to learn a piece in a month if you allocate time to work on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldfish)
    I really do need to learn a couple of Beethoven sonata, at the moment I can only play the opus 2 no 1, and it's not really very exciting stuff. The opus 49 G major looks quite doable, Sexysax, would you mind if I stole it off you?
    Sorry I've wrote this ages after this message (its just I've only just discovered the piano society!), but I really suggest you should get Beetchoven's Sonata in C minor (Op.13), the 'Pathetique' one - its hard and takes quite a bit of learning, but its really nice. You can get a free mp3 of it online easily. I've also got a list of some really great pieces you could try, and loads I can scan in to give to people if anyones interested, though I'm not sure that is legal for most of my pieces lol

ReputationRep:
    Also, just to introduce myself, I'm Anna, grade 8. My favourite three pieces prob are:

1. Deux Arabesques (Debussy)
    2. Beethoven 'Pathetique' Sonata (as i just mentioned)
    3. Fantasie Impromptu (Chopin)

ReputationRep:
    It probably isn't legal:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Yes, I know that Chopin Prelude. To be honest, it requires a lot of expression etc and I personally think you'd be better off doing a grade 4/5 piece well than a grade 6 piece badly.

My playing is alright.

Next Wednesday is the 1st yes - my birthday hehe!! It isn't that hard to learn a piece in a month if you allocate time to work on it.
    yea i wanted to do a grade 5 piece, but my piano teacher says i should do this one.

happy birthday!! :party:

yea suppose, i hope theres no big streches or nefin in it lol

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I don't have the score with me but it isn't easy, there are a few awkward passages. I hope you are a good expressive player otherwise you'll murder this piece:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    OMFG!!! Me music teacher wants me to learn a new song for our peace assmebly (28th march) and i wont get the piece untill next wednesday!! which i think is the 1st!!! how am i supposed to perfect a song in 27 days??? i have exams coming up all loads of other stuff!!

but i can't wait, i've always wanted to play infront of my school (for some odd reason)

(someone hit me im listining to darren hayes - insatiable)

but anyways!!

lately i have been playing the heart asks pleausre first, and can now play about 5 bars with hands together which i think is good

also i have been slightly playing my solo gcse piece, Prelude in B Minor - Chopin. anyone heard it? it was on the grade 6 syllibus last yr or the year before or something lol. its kinda tricky but sure...

hows everyone else's playing going?
    Im starting to learn that piece...just got it today (the prelude I mean)...sounds wonderful

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can i join? I'm Grade 8

ReputationRep:
    Welcome

ReputationRep:
    Thankees!

ReputationRep:
    What do you like playing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Hmm, I don't have the score with me but it isn't easy, there are a few awkward passages. I hope you are a good expressive player otherwise you'll murder this piece:rolleyes:
    gosh ano, bars 6-8 look hard!!!

ReputationRep:
    I did tell you.:p: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hello its me, ryce again

Boy, i haven't been onto TSR for soo long.

I was just wondering if anyone here has the piano score to 'Somewhere In Time' by John Barry from the movie 'Somewhere In Time'.

Thank you veryyyyy much

ryce

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.