TSR Piano Society Watch

sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Of course it's still on! I am attempting grade 7 (again), I keep putting the exam off and off but this time I am aiming to take it at xmas...unless I put if off again...
ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So what's everyone playing at the moment? I'm still struggling with those mentioned above unfortunately
vector
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've said this a hundred times, but still with the Hungarian Rhapsody No2. *sigh*
Fladder
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Scriabin - Sonata n. 9; 'Black Mass'

Wow.
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vector)
I've said this a hundred times, but still with the Hungarian Rhapsody No2. *sigh*
And still with the Gershwin.................. *hits keyboard very hard*
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
And still with the Gershwin.................. *hits keyboard very hard*
I'm actually making headway! All those stupidly huge chords are starting to come naturally
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm actually making headway! All those stupidly huge chords are starting to come naturally
It's lovely when that happens It's irritating, however, when it only half happens, i.e. it stalls part way through... which happens to be what's happening to my Gershwin I can almost do the horrible bits, but I can't quite crest the wave.
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know what you mean. I try to do this massive up and down octave chord series (don't know how better to describe them :p:) and either my arms are too knackered to carry on afterwards or all my fingers get tangled in the process :p:

Cheers for the rep btw
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know what you mean. I try to do this massive up and down octave chord series (don't know how better to describe them :p:) and either my arms are too knackered to carry on afterwards or all my fingers get tangled in the process :p:

Cheers for the rep btw
You're welcome likewise.

you should try my Gershwin It's got all of these chromatic chordal runs, you know, dah-DAH dah-DAH dah-DAH dah-DAH DAAAAH! They work about 50% of the time. The other 50% my fingers get caught up. Mainly I just close my eyes and hope for the best :p:
sulphuric
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello I'm new here... I did my ABRSM grade 8 piano two months ago and got 135 which I was SUPER pleased with I am currently drowning in IB work, but attempting some pieces in the grade 8 book which I didn't get to learn (I love the Haydn) as well as Debussy's Pour Le Piano Prelude (extremely difficult for my slow fingers!).
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can I join? I only have grade 5 officially but I play to about Grade 7 standard, currently I don't have lessons anymore I just play for enjoyment as I am a student nurse and I don't have time or money. I recently came into ownership of a beautiful old fashioned upright (for free!) for my student house and I'm thrilled, he's just waiting to be tuned.
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He? :p:
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He? :p:
Yes, he, my boyfriend made me give my piano a name so that he is more part of the family and so he's called Ludwig (pronounced Ludveeg). Lol.
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Instruments are she was my point
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe I should name mine...
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Instruments are she was my point
My piano is definitely male and if they were all female how would you get baby grands?
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
True, that deserves some rep.

I don't name my instruments, but they are definately she, same as boats. Hmm, at last count I had over 30 instruments in my house, not including random percussion. Am I trying to compensate for someting?
vector
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The One and Only Lady Jennington)
My piano is definitely male and if they were all female how would you get baby grands?
:rofl:
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well I'm glad I made someone smile atleast.
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You certainly did that...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads