TSR Piano Society Watch

ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Languagesfreak)
I'm doing quite a difficult Mozart sonata xD But nothing compared to that Impromptu.
Yeah, it's a difficult piece to learn. I never really got the hang of it.
cantstop-x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Languagesfreak)
I should think so :-P Hmm, Trinity, that's interesting. When you did your grade 7, did you play a piece called "April" or "Grumpy Trolls"?
Hmm I honestly can't remember. Well I know that I DIDN'T do Grumpy Trolls - I took one look at it and said NO! I might've done April though =)

Grade 8 is hard!!
RoBo0100
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys. I'm looking for a new piece to start playing.

I'm of grade 7/8 standard. And just want something quite powerful to impress people. I have a competition coming up soon see.

Something with a kick. Any ideas?
John05
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RoBo0100)
Hey guys. I'm looking for a new piece to start playing.

I'm of grade 7/8 standard. And just want something quite powerful to impress people. I have a competition coming up soon see.

Something with a kick. Any ideas?
Revolutionary Étude? /shrug
Languagesfreak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by John05)
Revolutionary Étude? /shrug
I think that's above Grade 8 level..
Languagesfreak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't get into the Jazz Band but the guy who did has 3 years less experience than me and is several grades below me. FML.
John05
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BBC Young Musician, anyone? Entry deadline is 31 July.
just-another-critic
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I created a thread asking for keyboard/piano advice, however, there have been no replies so I thought I'd post in here.

I'd like to purchase a keyboard/digital piano and was wondering whether you'd recommend a Gear4music digital piano?
Kslayer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Can I join
daftndirekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My favorite 'new age' piano pieces (i may get beaten by a stick) are Le Onde and Melodie Afrique 3 by ludovico einaudi and i also love tearing up Roses by Outkast
pinkpenguin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I neeeeeeeddd something good to play.

Just basically demolished the whole of Joplin's back catalogue, and need something fresh. Classical/jazz/modern, anything! Any ideas?

I did Grade 8 6 months ago, so I'm that kinda standard.
ArchedEdge
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Rachmaninov?
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)
I neeeeeeeddd something good to play.

Just basically demolished the whole of Joplin's back catalogue, and need something fresh. Classical/jazz/modern, anything! Any ideas?

I did Grade 8 6 months ago, so I'm that kinda standard.
Nice work! ABSRM? Try to improvise as well as Keith Jarrett (listen to the Koln Concert :coma:)
pinkpenguin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by benmh92)
Nice work! ABSRM? Try to improvise as well as Keith Jarrett (listen to the Koln Concert :coma:)
ABRSM indeed :proud: You play too?

I can't improvise for anything. I seriously suck. I'm thinking of maybe trying my hand at some jazz piano, never done it properly before so :dontknow: Classically trained for as long as I can remember so I want to branch out a bit!
benmh92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pinkpenguin)
ABRSM indeed :proud: You play too?

I can't improvise for anything. I seriously suck. I'm thinking of maybe trying my hand at some jazz piano, never done it properly before so :dontknow: Classically trained for as long as I can remember so I want to branch out a bit!
Working at Grade 8 ABRSM Me too, i'm too classical trained and rubbish at improvising. I'm trying to learn, but it comes slowly! I did start getting lessons in college with a really good jazz pianist for improvising stuff but exams got in the way but hope to do more of that next year if i have time over the Grade 8 prep
pitchayak
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Passed Grade 8 five years ago and got lazy, haven't gotten the chance to get on to the ATCL yet.
Love jazz and improv as well.

Current project is Chopin's Ballad #1. Great piece, but a right pain to practice :/

eh so how do i get into this society thing? im kinad new to TSR. thanksss
Haeron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Current project is Chopin's Ballad #1. Great piece, but a right pain to practice :/
I AGREE WITH THIS. That scherzando section is bloody hard - harder than the coda if you ask me.
jakemittle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, any know any piece of music that contains a fair amount of arpeggios, for practice?..and the limit is grade 3 :P....thankies!
pinkpenguin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jakemittle)
Hey, any know any piece of music that contains a fair amount of arpeggios, for practice?..and the limit is grade 3 :P....thankies!
I was gonna say the 3rd Mvt of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata but then I read grade 3.

Hmmm.... I'll have a think!
meatball893
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello! Can I join? I just passed my Grade 7, and am doing Grade 8.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads