I'm on antibiotics and need a cup of tea.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Anyone feeling like tea and sympathy?
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Not really, cup of coffee, one sugar wouldn't go astray though
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can get drunk a hell of a lot quicker on antibiotics...
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
being on antibiotics is hardly a big deal
serendipity
Rep:
?
(Original post by edders)
being on antibiotics is hardly a big deal
Did I say it was? Allow me some self pity edders. tonsillitis is 'orrible, lol.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I like antibiotics, especially the yellow banana stuff that comes in a bottle, it's nice . It could be worse, you could have them taken out. Get well anyway.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I sympathize! I used to have tonsilitis loads, and its not nice. As a result I don't have tonsils anymore (they took 'em away!).
serendipity
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chicken)
I sympathize! I used to have tonsilitis loads, and its not nice. As a result I don't have tonsils anymore (they took 'em away!).
I think that might be a plan you know...Having had it 7 times in the last year that's the road i'm headed on...*whines*
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tonsillitis sucks I'm in the same state the doc said they are coming out if i get it this year. have some sympathy from me and I'd make you a cup of tea if you were here.
serendipity
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
tonsillitis sucks I'm in the same state the doc said they are coming out if i get it this year. have some sympathy from me and I'd make you a cup of tea if you were here.
cheers
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think that might be a plan you know...Having had it 7 times in the last year that's the road i'm headed on...*whines*
I had mine out about 7 years ago - in that year i'd had tonsilitis about 15 times so they decided that it was best if they were gone. They made me eat toast after and that was painful...
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I get it about 3 times a year every year and it lasts for ages. I hadnt had it for a couple of years but I got it again last year
preyingmantis
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
tonsilitus...is that all. a bit of bloody penecillin!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had my Tonsils and Adenoids taken out about 13 years ago (when i was 5) from what i can remember it wasn't too pleasant.
preyingmantis
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I had my Tonsils and Adenoids taken out about 13 years ago (when i was 5) from what i can remember it wasn't too pleasant.
adenoids...haven't you got any ruddy lymph tissue left there now!
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Antibiotics are BAD!!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by preyingmantis)
adenoids...haven't you got any ruddy lymph tissue left there now!
Just had a look and you're right about the lymph glands. I haven't got any tissue left there, or at least i don't notice it.
sweet_gal
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got my tonsils taken out when I was only 3 years old. If you are getting tonsilitis around 3 times a year then I advise you to DEFINATELY get them out. It's worth it!! From what I remember - and I do remember - it wasnt very nice at all. I remember going into surgery - counting back from 10 (trying to, lol) and later on I was vomiting - mainly vomiting up blood. My throat was sore and i kept drooling and it hurt to swallow. But it was definately all worth it in the end - after a week you feel fine and it's definately worth it in the long run instead of feeling so sick all the time. I was SO MUCH happier after I had my tonsils out.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'd like both please... my mum's just making me a cup of tea so that's halfway there...

i just rang my bf to get the sympathy and he told me i was boring and moody and horrid, he later said he was joking, but i hung up on him. why do guys always presume you're moody... do they never realise that you might be genuinely upset?

bah, loks like i'm stuck with my tea then (i'll sort things with sam tomorrow when we're both a bit less cantakerous)

lou xxx
serendipity
Rep:
?
(Original post by lou p lou)
i'd like both please... my mum's just making me a cup of tea so that's halfway there...

i just rang my bf to get the sympathy and he told me i was boring and moody and horrid, he later said he was joking, but i hung up on him. why do guys always presume you're moody... do they never realise that you might be genuinely upset?

bah, loks like i'm stuck with my tea then (i'll sort things with sam tomorrow when we're both a bit less cantakerous)

lou xxx
Tsk men. And they cry like babies when they've got a cold :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads