Turn on thread page Beta

Liberalism? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sexual issues are important to young adults. Why censor it? This is the new millenium not the 1800's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart J)
    Sexual issues are important to young adults. Why censor it? This is the new millenium not the 1800's?
    Its all about detail. The thread you posted isn't something I'd expect a 14-15yr old to be reading about. Especially given the context and the things that one could take to be implied etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Its all about detail. The thread you posted isn't something I'd expect a 14-15yr old to be reading about. Especially given the context and the things that one could take to be implied etc.

fair nuff. I assumed this was for college/uni students didnt think about that point takne.

ReputationRep:
    "Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we were put in this earth to rise above."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    "Nature, Mr. Allnut, is what we were put in this earth to rise above."
    to which, i receive, "You should be shot you stupid *****. "

hmm, nice.
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer

hmm, nice.
    Someone neg reped you for that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    yes, i get abuse most of the time, but i was confused as to why they were offended by a line from 'The African Queen'....

ReputationRep:
    Probably some ********. I too am being neg repped each day by someone. They write:

'foolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfoo lfoolfoolfoolfoolfoolfool'

Rather pathetic.
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    yes, i get abuse most of the time, but i was confused as to why they were offended by a line from 'The African Queen'....
    I can understand people who take it personally when you're debating with them - it's not right but then it takes a while for people to distinguish between a person and their views...but neg repping a non-offensive non-contraversial quote is just sad.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand people who take it personally when you're debating with them - it's not right but then it takes a while for people to distinguish between a person and their views...but neg repping a non-offensive non-contraversial quote is just sad.
    btw, im disappointed to see you didnt win any awards..

ReputationRep:

hmm, nice.
    No way thats so harsh. Neg rep is crap if its not used properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    No way thats so harsh. Neg rep is crap if its not used properly.
    In what circumstances is it used properly, if someone insults you? I just think negative rep should be taken out.
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    btw, im disappointed to see you didnt win any awards..
    Thank you...although in both catagories I was nominated for I voted for the person who beat me so I can't really complain

(still baffled at being nominated for political and academic - I wouldn't describe myself as either :shrug: )

ReputationRep:
    Thank you...although in both catagories I was nominated for I voted for the person who beat me so I can't really complain

(still baffled at being nominated for political and academic - I wouldn't describe myself as either :shrug: )
    i was thinking most helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    In what circumstances is it used properly, if someone insults you? I just think negative rep should be taken out.
    If someone is offensive or ignorant neg rep should be allowed but not for crap reasons like not liking your argument or just giving it out for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    If someone is offensive or ignorant neg rep should be allowed but not for crap reasons like not liking your argument or just giving it out for the sake of it.
    The system is flawed, I think we're all in agreement on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    The system is flawed, I think we're all in agreement on that.
    I certainly agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouKnewThat!)
    I certainly agree!
    Hmm, you've got a grey gem too. Who gave that one to you, do ya know? I've noticed that very few people seem brave enough to sign for negative rep. I did the one time I gave it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Hmm, you've got a grey gem too. Who gave that one to you, do ya know? I've noticed that very few people seem brave enough to sign for negative rep. I did the one time I gave it.
    Not sure who it was, but they must have had a high post count as I had a fair few points taken off!
    I don't really care about the number of rep gems I have. Nor do I care about my post count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouKnewThat!)
    Not sure who it was, but they must have had a high post count as I had a fair few points taken off!
    I don't really care about the number of rep gems I have. Nor do I care about my post count.

i think if you times the rep points by 100 you get their post count. tends to narrow things down.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.