Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    Well done, what college, what subject?
    music at jesus college!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Gosh, were yuo pooled?
    yeah, jesus pooled me then accepted me :confused: !! but it said on the letter that they hadn't made a decision rather than they'd rejected me. i'm really pleased cos so many really good ppl and lots of friends of mine have been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    To Canada Girl,
    "Okay, I just checked out Wolfson. Maybe there is a pattern that both you and I have not heard back yet. For me, there would be no point placing me in the pool cause I am applying as an affiliated"

I think we are slightly different here...Technically I could be pooled (actually, so could you....Wolfson offer affiliated places, so Lucy Cavendish could pool you, but it would be a pretty small pool).

"I believe any student that has made it past the preliminary application selection process has a great shot at getting in"

Yes, but Cambridge try to interview every applicant, so your grades/forms would have to be pretty bad not to get an interview

Yes, this is my first degree, I am 23.......how sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    i'm really pleased cos so many really good ppl and lots of friends of mine have been rejected.

This is not very nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paymaster)
    I now spend my life waiting for news from colleges. I was nervous enough on new year's eve. Now I know they like me, but not enough to give me an offer straight away, I'm just confused.

So I'm planning gap years and all sorts and thinking of reapplying (I would have thought this the craziest thing in the world a few weeks ago) and hoping a college will ring...

Cambridge, you've got a lot to answer for!
    Cheer up paymater *pat on head*... I'll be hoping and wishing for you. Take care

ReputationRep:
    So Lucy has had a lot of applicants for law this year and they will not be able to make their decision until the end of January!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canada Girl)
    BA in women's studies
    Msc candidate

what're you applying for? have you heard your results yet?
    wow womens studies sounds great! ive applied to newnham for sps, but been pooled....although newnham may still accept me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    yeah, jesus pooled me then accepted me :confused: !! but it said on the letter that they hadn't made a decision rather than they'd rejected me. i'm really pleased cos so many really good ppl and lots of friends of mine have been rejected.
    hey my letter said that tooo!!!1 lets just hope im as lucky as u!

ReputationRep:
    So Lucy has had a lot of applicants for law this year and they will not be able to make their decision until the end of January!
    how do you know this???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Cheer up paymater *pat on head*... I'll be hoping and wishing for you. Take care
    Thanks!

I'm not saying it's a life or death situation - and that's what's so annoying about it. This application shouldn't matter that much to me, but the way I wait for the phone/post, it's like its the most important thing in the world.... How sad

ReputationRep:
    paymaster i know just how you feel. i have been pooled and when i got my letter i didn't expect to get it, and wouldn't have really been bothered if i hadn't. but waiting for a phone call that might not come is really winding me up. i am feeling murderous and twitchy over something which doesn't really bother me. it's the waiting i can't stand. get on with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally Ill)
    how do you know this???
    I emailed admissions. They cannot make any decisions until all the tests have been marked and discussed, so they are anticipating end of Jan. for acceptance/rejection letters.
    Just my luck that there is a higher than usual number of applicants for law this year.

ReputationRep:
    Women's studies isn't the most conventional subject, but it was an awesome experience. I think you'll really like Newnham--good luck on getting accepted!!!. If I was applying for my first degree, Newnham would have been my first choice and I would've done SPS.

(Original post by Tina)
    wow womens studies sounds great! ive applied to newnham for sps, but been pooled....although newnham may still accept me?!

ReputationRep:
    Just my luck that there is a higher than usual number of applicants for law this year.
    Oh great, just great.
    I wish I was interested in something like chemistry, my mate just walked into oxford!

Another annoyed law applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paymaster)
    Oh great, just great.
    I wish I was interested in something like chemistry, my mate just walked into oxford!

Another annoyed law applicant.
    Chin in- I was pooledfrom Johns and now offered a place at New Hall- all-girls groan!! Bt I really wanted trad colege. My advice is to ring up the admissions office at ure original college and ask them about ure applicatio!! Love Jade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    Chin in- I was pooledfrom Johns and now offered a place at New Hall- all-girls groan!! Bt I really wanted trad colege. My advice is to ring up the admissions office at ure original college and ask them about ure applicatio!! Love Jade
    Jade, did you phone Johns and they told you, you were going to be offered a place, OR something else?

Ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Jade, did you phone Johns and they told you, you were going to be offered a place, OR something else?

Ta
    Yeh I foned Johns, and they sed they wud get sumone fromadmissions to ring back- but instead I got a fone call from Newhall admissions with a conditional offer- do u fink i shud take it- im not sure how il cope without males species..or wud i be mad to turn down cam??????????Help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    Yeh I foned Johns, and they sed they wud get sumone fromadmissions to ring back- but instead I got a fone call from Newhall admissions with a conditional offer- do u fink i shud take it- im not sure how il cope without males species..or wud i be mad to turn down cam??????????Help!!

What is the offer? And what for what subject?

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer for Law from Nuhall!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade)
    do u fink i shud take it- im not sure how il cope without males species..or wud i be mad to turn down cam??????????Help!!
    It's cambridge - if cambridge is what you want to do, then do it! You'll c a load of guys socially, so that'll b ok. People there seem to love it. Congratulations!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.