This application is taking over my life....

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Jade
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by paymaster)
It's cambridge - if cambridge is what you want to do, then do it! You'll c a load of guys socially, so that'll b ok. People there seem to love it. Congratulations!
Thankyou, i hope you get in!!
s-man
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i keep reading posts about ppl phonin their colleges, who then end up getting offers, do u reckon its worth foning or wud the admissions tutor jus get pissed off?
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jade)
Yeh I foned Johns, and they sed they wud get sumone fromadmissions to ring back- but instead I got a fone call from Newhall admissions with a conditional offer- do u fink i shud take it- im not sure how il cope without males species..or wud i be mad to turn down cam??????????Help!!
I would talk to Haz or hildabeast - both study in all-girls colleges at oxbridge so they should be able to tell you what it's really like in an all-girls environment. From what they say it seems like it isn't too bad at all - infact they both really like it there!

Personally, I would go and visit New Hall so that you can get a feel of the place. Well done on your offer !
Specialheffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jade)
Yeh I foned Johns, and they sed they wud get sumone fromadmissions to ring back- but instead I got a fone call from Newhall admissions with a conditional offer- do u fink i shud take it- im not sure how il cope without males species..or wud i be mad to turn down cam??????????Help!!
I think you should take it... the college is not like a MAN FREE ZONE.. lol.. plus it is cambridge and if your not happy after a year, i'm sure something could be sorted out!

But take it and enjoy yourself.. lucky cow! lol
Oh by the way what time did you ring, and what time did newhall call you?
Jade
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by s-man)
i keep reading posts about ppl phonin their colleges, who then end up getting offers, do u reckon its worth foning or wud the admissions tutor jus get pissed off?
No just fone- remember stupidity is bravery with a smile on your face!! Honestly the admissions ppl r lovely and will not think any less of you. The person i rang was reallly helpful..so do it, it will put your mind at rest I promise!!!
Jade
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
I think you should take it... the college is not like a MAN FREE ZONE.. lol.. plus it is cambridge and if your not happy after a year, i'm sure something could be sorted out!

But take it and enjoy yourself.. lucky cow! lol
Oh by the way what time did you ring, and what time did newhall call you?
God I hope so!! I rang at 111am and got call from Newhall at 5pm- Good luck, do u reckon I get ne other interviews from other colleges, or am I just being too greedy????
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jade)
God I hope so!! I rang at 111am and got call from Newhall at 5pm- Good luck, do u reckon I get ne other interviews from other colleges, or am I just being too greedy????
I'm not sure, they don't usually give two offers, since your file will be with newhall college now right?

I think take it....

good luck to ya..

I emailed the admissions office, but do you think they are a bit funnier towards people who email (more likely to get rejected - ADSHUR) or those who phone (yrself)?
Jade
Report 16 years ago
I'm not sure, they don't usually give two offers, since your file will be with newhall college now right?

I think take it....

good luck to ya..

I emailed the admissions office, but do you think they are a bit funnier towards people who email (more likely to get rejected - ADSHUR) or those who phone (yrself)?
I fink a phone call is more personal, but really whateva u do it shows u r interested about ure application doesn't it??
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jade)
I fink a phone call is more personal, but really whateva u do it shows u r interested about ure application doesn't it??
DAMN IT! lol.. right i am ringing up tomorrow, apologise for the email etc..

they were nice when i emailed before but hey... yea i guess so..

Well good luck with yr offer, and exams...

I've got a funny feeling i'm rejected.. lol
Jade
Report 16 years ago
DAMN IT! lol.. right i am ringing up tomorrow, apologise for the email etc..

they were nice when i emailed before but hey... yea i guess so..

Well good luck with yr offer, and exams...

I've got a funny feeling i'm rejected.. lol
Think posiitve!! Wud u go to all-girls college??
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jade)
Think posiitve!! Wud u go to all-girls college??
I've been trying to think postivie since the day i got the letter.. lol..

I think i would go, experience ain't it!

As i said if you don't like etc, they are not going to lose a top student, they will try and sort you out with a new college(i presume so, makes sense!)...

I'd love to go to any college that'll bloody have me... drowning in the pool...lol
Jade
Report 16 years ago
What subject and original college did u apply for
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jade)
What subject and original college did u apply for
Applied to Jesus to read English, V competitive.. sob
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Canada Girl)
I emailed admissions. They cannot make any decisions until all the tests have been marked and discussed, so they are anticipating end of Jan. for acceptance/rejection letters.
Just my luck that there is a higher than usual number of applicants for law this year.
Hey I got a letter of acceptance this morning.....I am thoroughly pleased.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mentally Ill)

Congrats!
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well done!!!!!

G
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Congrats!
(Original post by gzftan)
Well done!!!!!

Thanks
covered farm wagon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by s-man)
I didn't want to ring up and annoy them, but I did anyway. They didn't sound annoyed at all, but would give me no information at all... just said I had to wait it out. So don't ring Emmanuel. I think it's a bit mean that some colleges will give you information and others wont. Gits.
Bumblebee3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whooooooooooooooohoooooo!! Glad to see all my wonderful advice paid off Well done mate!!
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yay! Congratulations! What subject/college?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (90)
21.95%
No (320)
78.05%

Watched Threads