Lil08
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Do you think they're decent? :o: Would you regret not having worked hard with these grades?
Rob da Mop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Definitely.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They might be seen as orth less than in pervious years because of the implimentation of A* but they're still perfectly accepable grades, especially as A* is for uber-geniuses.
nofish4u
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lil08)
Do you think they're decent? :o:
In all honesty, no i think ABB equivalents to FAILURE
xSkyFire
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends on the subjects, I'd say ABB in respectable subjects is pretty good.
infernalcradle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not really as that won't get you into the decent courses at top 10..hell even top 20 unis
PJ991
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I get them I get to go to UCL, so yes, I'd say they're decent.
charlotte-rose
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on the subjects.
gingerrama
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
IRL: Yes, fair play.

On TSR: No, you utter failure. Kill yourself
SirRamAlot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends from what point of view you're looking. On this site it'd probably be average at best, it isn't called "studentroom" for nothing. But compared to the whole nation, those are good grades.
Teh User
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by infernalcradle)
not really as that won't get you into the decent courses at top 10..hell even top 20 unis
It would. I know of someone at a Russell Group University with BBD and on a respectable degree (Computer Science).
joselynsecker
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I ask myself that question all the time as I got those grades for my A-levels but wasn't particularly impressed with them myself. I guess it depends on the person, only u know what ur capable of and if u get an ABB and are not happy with it, it probably means that it is not a decent enough grade for u and u need to work harder to achieve ur true potential. In saying that, 'ABB' can sill get u places, it can give u another opportunity to show ur true potential by getting into a top 20 institution.
vinargar face
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lil08)
Do you think they're decent? :o: Would you regret not having worked hard with these grades?
haha .. why you looking for complements its like saying am i fat when your not......obv there amazing grades and will get you into a decent uni depending on if there classic subjects like English lit, biology etc
celia.x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
from a personal point of view, i wouldn't want them as my own grades. but then again, i've worked hard for the a levels so i'd be disappointed if i got one B because i know i deserve more.
but if someone said they had those grades, i'd think they had done well and congratulate them. like you mentioned, you maybe regret not working enough suggesting that you could have done more revision than you actually did so maybe ABB is pretty good going for you personally so i would say decent, yes.
xxxlopestar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOL you know its goood grades, no neeeed 2 make us jealous :P
marcusmerehay
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Get lost when you don't know what you're talking about. ABB is a perfectly respectable set of grades, even with the recent implementation of the A* grade.
Antonia87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That is such a load of crap. I know plenty of people with ABB-BBB grades in top 10-20 unis.

OP, they're good grades.
infernalcradle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by marcusmerehay)
Get lost when you don't know what you're talking about. ABB is a perfectly respectable set of grades, even with the recent implementation of the A* grade.
I didn't say they were bad....

but that if you get ABB, you won't be getting onto the best/most competetitive courses, eg. med, top 10 law, etc.

I think that is perfectly reasonable...
Krakatoa
Report 10 years ago
Only on here would people say they aren't.
I would say they are good grades.
nofish4u
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PJ991)
If I get them I get to go to UCL, so yes, I'd say they're decent.
cant be for a very good course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (908)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads