Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Where's my next door neighbour? *cries*
MAIN_HOON_NA
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
im in flat 14. will we need an ironing bored? im thinking of arranging a DC TSR meet up on sunday night. anyone interested?
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sunday night is the BBQ!!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
hey tetty and babyness. I am back home as no one moved in this weekend. (Although i did meet julius when i was there.) ive left all my stuff and managed to make my room look quite nice. it feels more like home now with posters,cushions etc.
you need to bring pots, pans ...everything really as its empty!! except for the sticky jam i had to wash off the kitchen wall!! typical students!!
see you saturday, did u send off that thingy to get tickets for the formal/bbq?
x

(Original post by babynessontoast)
Sunday night is the BBQ!!
juliusthemonkey
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Christy Lianne)
hey tetty and babyness. I am back home as no one moved in this weekend. (Although i did meet julius when i was there.) ive left all my stuff and managed to make my room look quite nice. it feels more like home now with posters,cushions etc.
you need to bring pots, pans ...everything really as its empty!! except for the sticky jam i had to wash off the kitchen wall!! typical students!!
see you saturday, did u send off that thingy to get tickets for the formal/bbq?
x
oh no yucky jam....Sorry we didnt get a chance to chat properly, was a bit stressful with moving all my stuff in! The place was ok i think, though i had loads wrong with my room, like the shower not draining properly...i dont look forward to flooding The kitchen seemed alright, tho the stairs could get a bit annoying everyday!...
MAIN_HOON_NA
Report 13 years ago
how many floors does DC have?
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is it ALOT of stair climbing christy?!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
three flights of stairs. its difficult carrying suitcases up them but they aren't too bad when you're just walking up and down.
which day are you moving in?

Is it ALOT of stair climbing christy?!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
my shower didnt have a head on it when i arrived and the sink didnt drain at all, i had to get the plumber to unblock it. i think we'll be alright once we're settled in...at least we are nearer to campus than those in the endcliffe bit...that makes up for the stairs. x

(Original post by juliusthemonkey)
oh no yucky jam....Sorry we didnt get a chance to chat properly, was a bit stressful with moving all my stuff in! The place was ok i think, though i had loads wrong with my room, like the shower not draining properly...i dont look forward to flooding The kitchen seemed alright, tho the stairs could get a bit annoying everyday!...
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm moving up on Friday. My mum doesn't like night driving though so she might be kipping on the floor in my room...hope no-one'll mind too much. If they do, she'll buy them a drink and then they won't mind so much
I'd be nearer to where my lectures are if I was in Endcliffe, which is slightly annoying lol. Guess we all ought to check the sinks and showers then eh!!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
I'm back at home at the minute..not sure which day I'll get back to sheffield yet but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone..
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey I just thought of *yet another* question to ask you people who have visited the place already (ohhh I feel so left out )...whats the car parking situation like? Where do ya park to unload etc? And should my mum decide that she is staying over...where does she park?? Cheers guys!!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
You can pull up outside the flats to unload the car and then there is street parking all around (if you can find a space that is ..) but there are a few small car parks close to the flats too. It cost us £5.00 to park for 10 hours last saturday but I'm not too sure about overnight parking.

Hey I just thought of *yet another* question to ask you people who have visited the place already (ohhh I feel so left out )...whats the car parking situation like? Where do ya park to unload etc? And should my mum decide that she is staying over...where does she park?? Cheers guys!!
juliusthemonkey
asked my brother and he said theres lots of street parking, and if not then theres an NCP car park at the top of road which might by safer as he said cars in the city centre tend to get mirrors etc ripped off!!
tetty
Report 13 years ago
finally seen my room! though my colour scheme is completely ruined.... i dont think my aqua stuff will go very well with the red carpet and curtains...doh! thanks for the notes you left christy and julius... was really sweet! im so excitied about meeting you all!
juliusthemonkey
(Original post by tetty)
finally seen my room! though my colour scheme is completely ruined.... i dont think my aqua stuff will go very well with the red carpet and curtains...doh! thanks for the notes you left christy and julius... was really sweet! im so excitied about meeting you all!
dont worry, none of my stuff matches! its fine.... :p: so what did you think?
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wanna see my room! Kate did u take pics? xx

Edit: I can really see Krupa actually being nicknamed Julius when we're all together...and that will be much fun lol
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
I took a few...

I wanna see my room! Kate did u take pics? xx

Edit: I can really see Krupa actually being nicknamed Julius when we're all together...and that will be much fun lol
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
Here they are ...(I hope !!!)

(Original post by Christy Lianne)
I took a few...
Attached files
tetty
Report 13 years ago
awwww christy's pics are far better than mine... the battery went out on my cam so the flash didnt work! went back today to sort my room and met the parents of the girl in room 6. i think she's called kerry- but she never came out here room! i really wanted to see here lol. i think our flat's very liveable lol- we'll have to liven up the kitchen/longue area though!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Sheffield
    Postgraduate Taught Courses Open Days Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Feb '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?