Devonshire Courtyard - anyone else? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Christy Lianne
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
i completely agree tetty! the carpet and curtains look like there has been a food fight at some point.i think we need some decent seating otherwise we will all have to meet in bedrooms or sit on the floor!! ergh!! if the girl in room 6 is shy we will have to be extra nice to coax her out.
is it you who's studying criminology? im doing law and i think we might have some lectures together but im not totally sure.

(Original post by tetty)
awwww christy's pics are far better than mine... the battery went out on my cam so the flash didnt work! went back today to sort my room and met the parents of the girl in room 6. i think she's called kerry- but she never came out here room! i really wanted to see here lol. i think our flat's very liveable lol- we'll have to liven up the kitchen/longue area though!
tetty
Report 13 years ago
and there are only 6 chairs around the table... we'll all have to squeeze up! i reckon we should invest in some beanbags hehe- and get posters up on those walls- and on our cupboards to make them individual
tetty
Report 13 years ago
ooooh and yes im the one doing criminology! my timetable has lots of law things on it- so we probably will have a few together....i think its a loooong walk up to the law department from us though :P
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
i said exactly the same about beanbags, in fact i went to dunelm to buy one but they are quite expensive there. i have a one big cushion in my room so ill probably sit on that. we ought to find a tv for the kitchen area too or at least a stereo.
as for studying... :eek: ... all of my lectures are in the octagon, it took about ten minutes to walk slowly to it when i went last wednesday. i think we should be ok but it is uphill all the way!!

(Original post by tetty)
ooooh and yes im the one doing criminology! my timetable has lots of law things on it- so we probably will have a few together....i think its a loooong walk up to the law department from us though :P
tetty
Report 13 years ago
omg i forgot loads are in the octagon!!! woohoooo- no hiking across town! well actually... still have to for the social policy lectures :-p but less hiking! we could all chip in some mahoney to make the lounge/ kitchen area better... well anyone who was willing. in the laundry room people were advertsing second hand items like tvs... we could easily get one cheap... but it means getting another license
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
a tv license should cover us cos if we took our tv out of our room it would still be covered so just cos its a different tv it should be ok.
i wonder who the others are that we're living with.
are you going to the ball and if so have you bought a ticket yet? oh and are you moving in on saturday? sorry for all the questions.

(Original post by tetty)
omg i forgot loads are in the octagon!!! woohoooo- no hiking across town! well actually... still have to for the social policy lectures :-p but less hiking! we could all chip in some mahoney to make the lounge/ kitchen area better... well anyone who was willing. in the laundry room people were advertsing second hand items like tvs... we could easily get one cheap... but it means getting another license
tetty
Report 13 years ago
question away lol. i'm hoping to go to the ball... if there are tickets left- but i havent got mine yet. And yup- im def moving in on saturday.. hoping to be up there before midday depnding on how lost i get directing my parents to our flat! i think it's definitely a flat of all girls... im really excited about meeting you all! nervous too... but mainly excited!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
ive had mixed emotions but now im really excited. im looking forward to meeting new people. ill probably just cry when i get there but i think ill get over it!

(Original post by tetty)
question away lol. i'm hoping to go to the ball... if there are tickets left- but i havent got mine yet. And yup- im def moving in on saturday.. hoping to be up there before midday depnding on how lost i get directing my parents to our flat! i think it's definitely a flat of all girls... im really excited about meeting you all! nervous too... but mainly excited!
tetty
Report 13 years ago
i'll def have a little cry... ive been so emotional these last few days. i know its silly because the people that really matter... you'll always keep in contact with- uni just means we'll have even more friends! and that cant be a bad thing!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
is there anyone from your school coming to shef? i have a few but only one that i was friends with through school.

(Original post by tetty)
i'll def have a little cry... ive been so emotional these last few days. i know its silly because the people that really matter... you'll always keep in contact with- uni just means we'll have even more friends! and that cant be a bad thing!
tetty
Report 13 years ago
same as... one is staying in victoria halls- hes been in my group of mates for a while... but not someone i really go out with. still it'll be good to have a familar face around!
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
well if i dont speak before ill see you saturday. ill probably be there early ish too. im off for now. x

(Original post by tetty)
same as... one is staying in victoria halls- hes been in my group of mates for a while... but not someone i really go out with. still it'll be good to have a familar face around!
tetty
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Christy Lianne)
well if i dont speak before ill see you saturday. ill probably be there early ish too. im off for now. x
have a safe journey!!! xxx
SianyLou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wow...the room looks so different to how it does on the website, but oh well I'm moving up friday morning. my mum ISNT staying (lol how things change for me hehe) but i'm probably going to go out with an ex who lives in sheffield on friday night, old times sakes etc etc. much gossip to report by the time u all arrive hehehe
Christy Lianne
Report 13 years ago
so are we likely to find a boy in the flat when we arrive? lol. x

that isnt supposed to sound in anyway offensive...sorry if it does!

(Original post by babynessontoast)
Wow...the room looks so different to how it does on the website, but oh well I'm moving up friday morning. my mum ISNT staying (lol how things change for me hehe) but i'm probably going to go out with an ex who lives in sheffield on friday night, old times sakes etc etc. much gossip to report by the time u all arrive hehehe
juliusthemonkey
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Christy Lianne)
so are we likely to find a boy in the flat when we arrive? lol. x

that isnt supposed to sound in anyway offensive...sorry if it does!
heyhey, making the kitchen all nice sounds good, we could go shopping together or something... it definately needs brightening up...i rang the office the other day and they said theyve cleaned the curtains and ovens which is always good! only a day left, Arghhhh!!!! babyness, whats with julius nickname? hehehe
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I go in 12hrs. scary. anyone else worried yet? my mums convinced me to take my tv for company. awwww! i can c y its a good idea now. i wasnt too taken with it at the start...but now i realise how dull life will seem without it.

and about the boy in the flat...me and kate (tetty) have a friend sleeping in our corridor cos he's homeless til he gets in a B&B on friday til wednesday. hope this isnt a problem for anyone...we'll tell him its not poss if it is. And my ex won't be staying!!!!!lol
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well we're all in now! Christy, Tetty and Julius are all great...bring on the alcohol (and the infamous flat 63 party....lol)
tenthirteen
Report 13 years ago
I'm In Devonshire Courtyard!!!!!!!11111111111111
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.37%
No (462)
60.63%
Not really bothered about them (160)
21%

Watched Threads