does fate exist Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kura1984
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by snuggerough)
snuggerough is upset now. the red card was shown for speaking in the third person.

why are people so cruel to those so different. why ? was it fate or free will, oh why ?
It's harder to take you seriously in the third person. Maybe people would like a more personal approach.

As for bad repping, who cares? These are people you've never even met in real life who have done this.

I've had two bad reps for two jokes in the past. It means nothing to me if a legitimate reason is not given, except to prove that these two people don't know that well at all.

Bodhisattva gave me a good rep and gave a legitimate reason. Thanks BTW
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok if it is one's fate to work hard.

well, what happens if one decides to become a lazy bugger.

is it then one's fate to have first been hard working then lazy ?
precisely.

if you dont like it, fair enough but dammit its what i believe so stop slating it like theres no way it could be true.

theres just as much reason to believe my way as there is yours!
snuggerough
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
snuggerough is happy to respect kikzen's argument. Snuggerough would merely conclude that fatalism is not a positive or constructive belief

snuggerough will now tell a joke in the hope of acquiring more bad rep. (weep, weep).

why did the little boy tip toe past the medicine cabinet. Because he didn't want to wake the sleeping pills.

Snuggerough awaits more red gems.
Kura1984
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
precisely.

if you dont like it, fair enough but dammit its what i believe so stop slating it like theres no way it could be true.

theres just as much reason to believe my way as there is yours!
Ok, that's a fair answer. Although I am arguing just from my perspective and it's just my opinion.

I couldn't possibly tell you about fate or faith or pixies or fairies or that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. But, still, it's all a learning process. We've all made valid points that we can learn from.
snuggerough
Rep:
?
yeh snuggerough has learned never to make a thread about fate vs free will again. there is no concrete answe. perhaps it was snuggerough's fate to find that out though.
Kura1984
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh snuggerough has learned never to make a thread about fate vs free will again. there is no concrete answe. perhaps it was snuggerough's fate to find that out though.
Sometimes, it's the thread with the question with no oncrete answer that recieves the most attention and disussion. That's a good thing, IMO.
snuggerough
Rep:
?
kura1984. please inform snuggerough as to the meaning of IMO ?

snuggerough wonders at the funny phrases the english sometimes use.
Em444
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
em444, why let fate be ?

it is the slogan for the lazy. as u english put it, "s*i* happens" or "whatver will be, will be".

put an end to fatalism, snuggerough says.

(here, here)
i mean so let it be that people believe in fate. it does no harm! sometimes the only way to explain terrible things in life is fate... if it gets people through then thats good. as far as im concerned, fate is just a belief. religion is just a belief. they r both things to help people get through life.

i dont believe my life is written out before me, but i do believe that everything happens for a reason

em xxx
Wanderlust
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

In my opinion :cool:
Kura1984
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Where are you from?

Is this a joke account!?
bondjamesbond
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it was written on my destiny that i was going to enter to the student room to read this today
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
u english make snuggerough laugh with ur notions of fate
^o)

So all English people believe in fate do they?

What book did you read that in?
snuggerough
Rep:
?
for sure snuggerough has read many books,

but snuggerough understands the english to be more superstitious with notions of fate. They seem to blame fate for a lot. Snuggerough hears 'whatever will be, wil be' and 's**t happens' a lot. perhaps it covers up a lack of religious identity in the real white english population.

people need something to blame. If they cannot use some God then they will just label the event fate. perhaps, this makes them feel better.

It's just a little funny.
Kura1984
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

but snuggerough understands the english to be more superstitious with notions of fate. They seem to blame fate for a lot. Snuggerough hears 'whatever will be, wil be' and 's**t happens' a lot. perhaps it covers up a lack of religious identity in the real white english population.

people need something to blame. If they cannot use some God then they will just label the event fate. perhaps, this makes them feel better.

So again, where are you from?

And by the way, I don't have any English blood so, perhaps, you are assuming that we are all English and superstitious?
ciara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Snuggerough, why is it that whenever I read your 3rd person posts I want to hug you? I imagine you as small and fluffy..although I'm sure this isn't the case.

Maybe it's to do with the fact 'snugge' is so close to snuggle?

Come here... :hugs:

Cxx
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

I do believe those are references to "that's life" rather than having fate or religious connotations whatsoever.
dave
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
.......was snuggerough fated to receive 22 warnings and a ban in under 36 hours? Is that some kind of record?
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by bodhisattva)
.......was snuggerough fated to receive 22 warnings and a ban in under 36 hours? Is that some kind of record?
See!! SEEE!? That's what the third person does to you
Max Power
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i agrree snuggerough. fate can be the excuse of the lazy.

p.s sorry that ur still banned after 2 months. gee, that's tough.
Dekota
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...Little did Snuggerough know that she was permanently banned... :rofl:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads