CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Einstein's Protege)
Sorry mate, I'm not with you here.

Love the game.
Ditto. I just love the anticipation before a big Wolves match, the walk to the stadium when you meet up ad mingle with fellow fans, the colours, the banter and the feeling that you get where depending on the result, there's tens of thousands of other people feeling the same way.

Then there's England in a major tournament...
dam.p
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by vinargar face)
I'm a man i must drink bear i must watch the football.....:mad: i actually would rather get punched in the face for 17 rigorous hours off a armadillo with a robot giant arm then watch a football game..
any other amigos out there feel the same???
God yes. But I'm a girl so I dont count xD
my bf doesnt like it either though, i am SO LUCKY :woo:
0rpheus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No?
blondesemolina
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I love men who hate football. And cars.
My two biggest turn-offs in men are those who are in love with football and cars (so, unfortunately, most of them )
dfjr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by blondesemolina)
I love men who hate football. And cars.
My two biggest turn-offs in men are those who are in love with football and cars (so, unfortunately, most of them )
I've never really seen the obsession with cars. I don't think many guys actually like cars. I suspect it's just watching topgear (which I like to do despite having a lack of enthusiasm for cars, because it's a pretty interesting and funny show :yep:)
SirLoineStake
Report 8 years ago
Not a massive follower of football. Used to detest it, but a few watches of The Football League Show and Match of The Day, along with Final Score set the ball rolling.

Liverpool fan now
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by white101)
The worst thing is hating football but then having girl mates that are avid fans

And you can't call me pussy because I like rugby (the tough guy version of pussy ass cry baby football) and cage fighting (UFC FTW). Also I like Drum and Bass.
We know rugby is a game for thugs. You don't have to remind us.
thelancastrian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rj1990)
Perhaps your gay.

haha, na dude, personally I love Football but im not into the whole "have a beer, watch the game" crap. If im going to watch football I want to watch it in the comfort of my own home.

Whenever I see a bunch of guys watching the Football talking about a load of s**t I can tell 75% of those would prefer to be at home watching it with thier feet up.

But most men won't say "NO" to thier mates for some reason.
Thats just glorified television. One of the main parts of watching football is actually being there, being part of a fanbase, being part of the game. Sitting at home with your "feet up"...you might as well be watching Hollyoaks.
Notker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I loathe football. I think you have to be quite braindead to be entertained by watching 90 minutes of the same thing every time a match is on. I've found that most men who I'd consider genuinely intelligent have no interest in football - I don't know a single other PhD student who has even a passing interest in football.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rj1990)
Perhaps your gay.

haha, na dude, personally I love Football but im not into the whole "have a beer, watch the game" crap. If im going to watch football I want to watch it in the comfort of my own home.

Whenever I see a bunch of guys watching the Football talking about a load of s**t I can tell 75% of those would prefer to be at home watching it with thier feet up.

But most men won't say "NO" to thier mates for some reason.
Yes but most people follow a football club. And they ought to watch their team play in the flesh.

I see the Yanks have capitalised on this:

You see, you can have your own team as a comfy chair if you *ahem* couldn't get a ticket to go to the match *ahem* and watch it on the TV. They just need to sell prawn sandwiches now.
Michael Locke
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Football is for girls, sorry 'lads'.
Dream Weaver
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm a man i must drink bear i must watch the football.....:mad: i actually would rather get punched in the face for 17 rigorous hours off a armadillo with a robot giant arm then watch a football game..
I AGREE

except the whole armadillo thing...

I'd rather get wrecked off of shots of vodka while watching The X-Files all night. If that makes me a geek then so be it :yep:
Wolfos
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
God, I can't tell you how much football was the bane of my existence during the entirety of my time in education. I am, without a doubt, the worst football player in the universe. Never legitimately scored a goal, couldn't pass for peanuts and was just so awful at the game that 'comic relief' wouldn't suffice for the role I played. At college my hatred of the game was magnified by the fact that it was impossible for me to have a conversation with anyone in my circle of friends because all they'd talk about was ****ing football. When they did, it was a guarantee that I wouldn't get a single word in for the next hour. Every new person we met was sucked in to the thrilling social vortex of football, and it drove me mad.
Nambat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I LOATHE Football and i'm not looking forward to the world cup. I do however enjoy other sports like: Rugby, Hockey, Basketball, etc.
patella
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know guys who hate football.
TK2 King Pin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kamc)
My boyfriend hates football too, lucky me
quite the contrary, he probably isnt much of a man

sure, i don't 'like' a few sports but if a guy 'hates' a sport its normally because he just isn't good at it

also there are multiple levels of competition within football, be it watching your team and wanting them to win, playing and wanting to beat your opposition, or simply wanting to get one over your man within the game. so not liking football may constitute low testosterone levels, unless you like another competetive sport such as rugby

from what i've seen that appears to be the case i'm afraid
TK2 King Pin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Michael Locke)
Football is for girls, sorry 'lads'.
are you for real? girls can't play football, and the ones that can still don't get it. learn that
TheMiestero
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Whats football :rolleyes: , joking yeah its seriously an waste of time and hope like me your not intending to watch that stupid world cup
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Notker)
I loathe football. I think you have to be quite braindead to be entertained by watching 90 minutes of the same thing every time a match is on. I've found that most men who I'd consider genuinely intelligent have no interest in football - I don't know a single other PhD student who has even a passing interest in football.
I know of a published academic who graduated from my current university who follows football a lot and is a qualified coach. Do I get a medal?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1017)
79.14%
Leave (268)
20.86%

Watched Threads