im a man and i really hate football anyone else feel the same? Watch

NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nambat)
I LOATHE Football and i'm not looking forward to the world cup. I do however enjoy other sports like: Rugby, Hockey, Basketball, etc.
Since when did guys like hockey? :eek:
Glorious Lozhka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I could never really understand the appeal of football, and always found it to be rather dull... well, unless one of the African channels is on the telly and the Nigerian national football team are playing. Then all of a sudden I'm like, "Wooo!! Go Nigeria!" Otherwise, I just think, "I see a bunch of blokes kicking a ball around. BOOOORING."

My brother has also never really been into sports (although we both used to watch wrestling when we were younger, back when the WWE was still the WWF. Ah, memories...), and used to skip PE a lot in his school days.
jonathan3909
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like playing football by DON'T like watching it:yep:
cactussed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Since when did guys like hockey? :eek:
I like hockey... :erm:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cactussed)
I like hockey...
Really? Didn't realise guys watched it, let alone it being televised. As in wooden sticks and a hard round ball played on turf? I used to watch ice hockey quite a bit and been meaning to play. But couldn't play (field) hockey.
cactussed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Really? Didn't realise guys watched it, let alone it being televised. As in wooden sticks and a hard round ball played on turf? I used to watch ice hockey quite a bit and been meaning to play. But couldn't play (field) hockey.
Well I like both kinds, I've been trying ice hockey lately after the Winter Olympics but I seriously need to improve my balance on ice first.

I agree about the watching, but then I find it so tedious watching any sport be it football, hockey, rugby etc. I much prefer playing the sport to just sitting there watching a group of men chase a ball. I make an exception for big international competitions like the World Cup or the Olympics as it's fun to cheer on your own country. But things like club football just bore me, plus I don't support a team. If I did choose one to support it would just be like picking a random one out of a hat and deciding to follow them, there would be no emotional connection.
werd123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I don't hate football, I just don't watch it. I'm all up for a kick about in the park providing nobody really takes it seriously but when people get genuinely worked up over football, it's just ridiculous.

So yeah, you're not the only guy who doesn't like football so don't worry :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cactussed)
Well I like both kinds, I've been trying ice hockey lately after the Winter Olympics but I seriously need to improve my balance on ice first.

I agree about the watching, but then I find it so tedious watching any sport be it football, hockey, rugby etc. I much prefer playing the sport to just sitting there watching a group of men chase a ball. I make an exception for big international competitions like the World Cup or the Olympics as it's fun to cheer on your own country. But things like club football just bore me, plus I don't support a team. If I did choose one to support it would just be like picking a random one out of a hat and deciding to follow them, there would be no emotional connection.
Yeah I'm the same, except for football and perhaps international rugby (union). There are some sports I just can't enjoy watching as much as playing, like squash and table tennis. It's partly why I kinda lost interest in Formula 1, because I had no affinity to a particular driver or construction (they eventually dissolved - Williams-Renault), so now I occasionally watch World Rally Championship and powerboat racing, and a fan of Red Bull Air Race. Something different. :cool: I hate football console games though. Rather play the real thing. All these geeks who beat me on FIFA can't kick a ball properly ffs.
bourney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Notker)
I loathe football. I think you have to be quite braindead to be entertained by watching 90 minutes of the same thing every time a match is on. I've found that most men who I'd consider genuinely intelligent have no interest in football - I don't know a single other PhD student who has even a passing interest in football.
Hmm, I think you're right. Only the uneducated proles like football......
buyingtheticket
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're probably just jealous because Sergio Canales is far, far cooler than you. However I think you might like Darren BENT etc.
Nashy19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd rather watch darts in Japanese than watch football.
lifesabeach
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
are you sure you're a man?
Other men will not like football too of course, but surely you must get patriotic during the world cup! Isn't it the job of every mans hormones to get there balls tingling when peter crouch overhead kicks past julio cesar?
lifesabeach
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bourney)
Hmm, I think you're right. Only the uneducated proles like football......
You couldn't be more wrong. One of the biggest industries in the world is football. (And it wont even run out in 30 years times like the others!)
All the big money players are in football, wanting to own a club, and your telling me they are all uneducated? You shouldn't get confused between schooling and education, because a having a degree doesn't mean your well educated.
joy12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't hate it, I don't love it either!

I'd rather spend money to go to a Metal gig than a football match !
Tefhel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hate it. Hate watching it, hate playing it.
It's not that I have any animosity against it, it's just incredibly boring. Watching a football match for me is probably like one of you guys sitting through Sex and the City 2. It just does not interest me at all, I don't care about the world cup and whether England win or lose.

And I hate playing it and always have - for me there is no fun to be had running around on a muddy field on a wet day getting a ball kicked at you - I just don't see how anyone could find any enjoyment from that, like hiking - it just doesn't compute.

I don't hate all sports, I enjoy stuff like swimming and tennis and for watching I like wrestling. [So glad that now I have left sixth form there are no more compulsory sports].
holmes221
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LOL at the people calling him gay/ ladyboy when they like watching men in shorts running up and down a pitch kicking a ball. Football is the dumbest thing ive ever seen, but then again if you get entertained by simple things like that then you deserve to get exploited by the rich corporations who sell all the merchandise.
member159703
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Reasons so far for hating football
1) being an actual girl
2) social nether regions caused by no knowledge of football
3) would rather watch sex and the city

Common pattern appearing methinks
Mr Sparkles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Football is for chavs and idiots. No one I know who is actually intelligent enjoys football.
And gay? Guys getting angry and fighting over guys in tight shorts sounds pretty gay to me.
anillatoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
good time to rant abt that especially when the World Cup is nt far away
James4d
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah I don't like football.

That said I can't say I'v made an effort to enjoy it. My parents don't watch it, in fact very few family members do. I wouldn't even know what team to support.

I watch the occassional match, but tbh I get distracted pretty easily. And at 90+ minutes a game, its a big time investment I cba in going through for the sake of appearing 'manly'.

Beer, on the other hand, I love
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (60)
32.79%
Spring (34)
18.58%
Autumn/Fall (45)
24.59%
Winter (34)
18.58%
I love them all equally (10)
5.46%