im a man and i really hate football anyone else feel the same? Watch

LukeatForest
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How can you hate football? It's completely irrational. I do not play many sports, I don't care about them, I don't find them interesting. But I don't hate them, they're just an irrelevance to me. Any of these knobs who come out and say 'ew . . . football. I so hate football' are just attention-seeking little gimps like the thread starter.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't hate it, but it would struggle to make it into my top 5 sports although it probably just about does.
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LukeatForest)
How can you hate football? It's completely irrational. I do not play many sports, I don't care about them, I don't find them interesting. But I don't hate them, they're just an irrelevance to me. Any of these knobs who come out and say 'ew . . . football. I so hate football' are just attention-seeking little gimps like the thread starter.
No, people can hate football. Using your own feelings as a means of describing what is/isn't the case universally is a bit facile mate. I agree that many, indeed probably most, people saying they 'hate' anything these days simply don't enjoy it, and by no means hate it, but this doesn't mean that nobody does hate them.
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My boyfriend doesn't understand football, let alone watch it! His best mate up here is football mad though, so he goes to our local for a couple of pints and the match now and then.
PAPAdawg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's fine, no one is going to judge you for not liking it.

I do find however, that a lot of people who dislkie football can;t just leave it at that...they have to bring it up in conversation repeatedly in that really smug ''it's just a ball and a net'' voice and sneer at you. That's not really fair, if you don;t like football then that's okay, it's a free country, but don't judge and look down on those of us who do enjoy it.

Also, not liking football is not a badge of honour, like some of you think it is....it's just a preference, it's nothing to feel smug about. You haven't cured cancer
Hanz_a93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah dude i hate football too
Suis Je Bovvered ?
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, i don't like it neither. Don't worry, some people actually realise that two teams of yobs kicking a bag of air about isn't that exciting :p:

On a serious note, really depends on personal likes and dislikes. Some do, some don't....simple as really.
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PAPAdawg)
That's fine, no one is going to judge you for not liking it.

I do find however, that a lot of people who dislkie football can;t just leave it at that...they have to bring it up in conversation repeatedly in that really smug ''it's just a ball and a net'' voice and sneer at you. That's not really fair, if you don;t like football then that's okay, it's a free country, but don't judge and look down on those of us who do enjoy it.

Also, not liking football is not a badge of honour, like some of you think it is....it's just a preference, it's nothing to feel smug about. You haven't cured cancer
:ditto:

If you don't like football fair enough, but it doesn't make you superior to anyone who does.
py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rj1990)
Perhaps your gay.

haha, na dude, personally I love Football but im not into the whole "have a beer, watch the game" crap. If im going to watch football I want to watch it in the comfort of my own home.

Whenever I see a bunch of guys watching the Football talking about a load of s**t I can tell 75% of those would prefer to be at home watching it with thier feet up.

But most men won't say "NO" to thier mates for some reason.

No way. It's much more fun to watch a game with your friends, and in a place with a bit of atmosphere. Why do you think people pay large sums of money to go and watch live football when they could get a better view watching it on tv? Because the vast majority of people find the shared experience far more enjoyable. Watching the game in the pub is the next best thing if you can't actually get to the game.
Liam 09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Perhaps it's not the actual sport you don't like, but rather the culture that comes with it?
This is a good point, I've pretty much fallen out of love with Football because of the incessant chanting, ******** and frankly abuse towards players, who themselves are mainly cheating, diving idiots.

A bit generalised I know but it really put me off the game..
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No.
MC REN
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's stupid how everyone who doesn't like football claims that watching it is either gay to watch men, or not man enough to watch a real man's sport like rugby (as if people only watch football for the fouls, and ignore all the other artistry and entertainment).

If you don't watch football because you find yourself unable to stop lusting after the players then just because you don't watch it doesn't make you any less of a gay. On this thread at least a lot of the non-football fans seem a lot more insecure about themselves then football fans do.

haha, na dude, personally I love Football but im not into the whole "have a beer, watch the game" crap. If im going to watch football I want to watch it in the comfort of my own home.

Whenever I see a bunch of guys watching the Football talking about a load of s**t I can tell 75% of those would prefer to be at home watching it with thier feet up.

Well that is what a lot of people would say is 'everything that is wrong with football these days'. Most people who love football love the atmosphere as well. Most people with mates like to see them.

(Original post by Mr Sparkles)
Football is for chavs and idiots. No one I know who is actually intelligent enjoys football.
And gay? Guys getting angry and fighting over guys in tight shorts sounds pretty gay to me.
You're not very intelligent, you don't like football, so it clearly works both ways.
YannTouchable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by vinargar face)
I'm a man i must drink bear i must watch the football.....:mad: i actually would rather get punched in the face for 17 rigorous hours off a armadillo with a robot giant arm then watch a football game..
any other amigos out there feel the same???
IMO Football is an unsophisticated sport for unsophisticated people, it makes millions off working class people's hard earned money. And it is a sport that is too boring to get into unless you're peer pressured into it, especially at a young age.
py0alb
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can see why people hate football in this country. It is shoved in our face a little bit, and there are a lot of little niggles, such as the self regard and vanity of certain players, the diving, cheating and ref-baiting, the remarkably poor standard of the lower leagues, and the relentless patriotism that annoy everyone. That car crash of a carlsberg advert could put anyone off football.

Personally, I prefer rugby, cricket and baseball, but if you actually watch a decent game of football, its hard not to acknowledge that it is an elegantly simple, and rather beautiful sport.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I absolutely love football. Never used to hang out with football fans in school though; literally not one of my friends in sixth form followed it at all.
CherryX
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Perhaps your gay.

I completely agree with you! Thats exactly what my other halfs like. :eek3:
Ocassus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Football has grown beyond a sport and that is what annoys me. Five live were doing this show the other day and they were betting whether to wear the opposite teams shirt on christmas day. :woo: Another teams shirt!? NO! GOD ITS HORRIBLE!

You get the idea. IMO Football has become so mainstream that I no longer give a toss about it. Rugby is a great game to watch, I am an ok winger but by no means good. 20-20 cricket is good to watch [test isnt]. But I am first and foremost a swimmer
lm_wfc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by white101)
The worst thing is hating football but then having girl mates that are avid fans :facepalm:

And you can't call me pussy because I like rugby (the tough guy version of pussy ass cry baby football) and cage fighting (UFC FTW). Also I like Drum and Bass.
:rofl:
lm_wfc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Wolfos)
I am, without a doubt, the worst football player in the universe. Never legitimately scored a goal, couldn't pass for peanuts and was just so awful at the game that 'comic relief' wouldn't suffice for the role I played.
nathan?

Everyone, nathan ellingtons on tsr!
Trouser Snake
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I hate football because...

I wasn't born in Britain and therefore it wasn't hammered into me at an early age. Kids feel they need to conform and to make bonds with fathers etc so start that way.

Once you've seen a couple of matches, you've seen it all.

Only pansies and models play these days, faking falls etc, bring back the days of shoulder barging and a pint at half time.

I'd rather play than watch.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1016)
79.13%
Leave (268)
20.87%

Watched Threads