Report 9 years ago
what you hate is what you'll love later in life: mark my words
bourney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lifesabeach)
You couldn't be more wrong. One of the biggest industries in the world is football. (And it wont even run out in 30 years times like the others!)
All the big money players are in football, wanting to own a club, and your telling me they are all uneducated? You shouldn't get confused between schooling and education, because a having a degree doesn't mean your well educated.
Sarcasm 101 ............
holmes221
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Theres still no actual reasons as too why i am missing out by not watching football. Just people saying its weird if you don't watch football. im still waiting... seriously come on some reasons why i should watch football...go
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Perhaps it's not the actual sport you don't like, but rather the culture that comes with it?
Definitely my case; love playing the sport, don't take any interest in the professional side because I despise the culture so much.
The Jack
Report 9 years ago
FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS R ALL *********!!!!

Love watching and playing it to be honest. Not much can match a crucial goal going in for your side. Nothing wrong with a sociable drink before/after either
rj1990
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by py0alb)
No way. It's much more fun to watch a game with your friends, and in a place with a bit of atmosphere. Why do you think people pay large sums of money to go and watch live football when they could get a better view watching it on tv? Because the vast majority of people find the shared experience far more enjoyable. Watching the game in the pub is the next best thing if you can't actually get to the game.
Yeh watching it live in the stadium....you can't beat that. I know that, ive been to quite a few big live games.

But, watching it in the pub?

No thanks. I like to watch Football.....because I actually like the football! If you know what I mean, I suppose I watch it in a geeky sort of way. Instead of the scarf round my neck, beer in one hand.....shouting abuse at the screen for no entire reason.
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I agree with the comments made on it being 'hammered into you at an early age'. My dad loves football but fortunately for me, he let me discover my own interests and develop them naturally. I think it's because of this that I neither hate nor love it; it's fun when you're playing it yourslef, it's not when you're watching other people do it. I've got family members who are artists, musicians and avid sports fans but if you're only exposed to one thing then you've not really got much choice when you're young, especially if you're pressured into joining sports teams and the like. It's a sad state of affairs IMO.
DaneCook
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lol at this thread. 'Oh look at me, I'm a whiny man child who can't spell, and I absolute abhore football, any other ladyboys agree with me?'

Do one lad. As for the Rugby nutheads and thugs, shut up, there's a reason football pisses on Rugby, in terms of fanbases AND revenue.

Once again, do one meatheads.

*Walks off to the tune of ........ 'And it's ARSENALLLL, ARSENALLL FC, we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seeeeeeen'*
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eh. I'm not the greatest football fan ever, but I'll watch England world cup games when I can.
And I passively support a club team too, went to see them last year actually (won 3-1 against West Ham ) but I don't really follow it as much as I perhaps should.
DaneCook
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trouser Snake)
I hate football because...

I wasn't born in Britain and therefore it wasn't hammered into me at an early age. Kids feel they need to conform and to make bonds with fathers etc so start that way.

Once you've seen a couple of matches, you've seen it all.

Only pansies and models play these days, faking falls etc, bring back the days of shoulder barging and a pint at half time.

I'd rather play than watch.
:lol:, you think? What a simple minded statement.
The Jack
Report 9 years ago
These people give me lulz.
Dude Where's My Username
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Who says you must "drink beer and watch football"? That stereotype doesn't even exist anymore :eyeball:
Trouser Snake
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DaneCook)
:lol:, you think? What a simple minded statement.
Erm yes....pass the ball back and forth, guy fakes fall, run up and down, goal is scored....you would be disappointed if you expected any more.
The Jack
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
Who says you must "drink beer and watch football"? That stereotype doesn't even exist anymore :eyeball:
Don't forget battering the other teams supporters

They don't let you into grounds if you haven't whacked a fan of the other side and nicked their scarf to prove it
bob247
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're only gay if you hate Rugby as well.
DaneCook
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Trouser Snake)
Erm yes....pass the ball back and forth, guy fakes fall, run up and down, goal is scored....you would be disappointed if you expected any more.
Fakes a fall. 'har har' yeah good one. Last minute goals? World cup heart break? Champions League heart break? Individual brilliance? For some, water tight defences? Winning a game on pure undeserved luck?

Your team being down 3-1 after one leg and winning the return 5-1 AWAY, after going a goal down?

You don't know wtf you're talking about tbh, you'll probably never get it, but I don't expect you to tbh. I have an appreciate for EVERY sport, and I can feel euphoria when some beautiful happens in a sport that I have never even seen or cared for before. I guess I'm different that way. Keep thinking Football is a repetitive game mate, shows how ignorant you are :lol:.

Oh and how dumb are you in thinking that players 'run up and down' and 'goal is scored', is your mind so simple? I'm genuinely concerned for you, meh not really, but damn it's funny.
SylvesterTheCat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The two most common reasons why people make a new thread on TSR:
1) To prove to themselves that they are normal
2) To prove to everyone else that they are quirky and unique

I wonder which this one falls under.
DaneCook
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh and forgot to add, willing on Oranje to finally win a big tournament. Jesus Christ, come on Nederland, if we don't win anything with our current crop, we're fecked for atleast another 10 years.

-Wij houden van Oranje-
M. E-S.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I dislike all sports in which a homeomorphically spherical object is involved.

L
Charzhino
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Those who dont like football even remotley are either hippi moshers or gay. Facht
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (77)
53.47%
18-20 years old (no) (19)
13.19%
20-25 years old (yes) (25)
17.36%
20-25 years old (no) (0)
0%
25-30 years old (yes) (11)
7.64%