Cords... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Loochery
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I've just bought some lovely grey cords from Warehouse as an alternative to jeans. HOWEVER...I'm rather confused as what to wear with them to keep the look casual. Any ideas?
eleanor.ellis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
everything you would wear your jeans with. cords are the new jeans, i love them. they look best with silky tops, or cotton. the contrast in textures makes you stand out, but you look styled rather than dressed up.
Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I got these really baggy cords that are cool!! And go with anything!
Chocolatefudge
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I bought some bright red cords from H&M for £4! I don't really have anything to wear with them but they were such a bargain, I couldn't resist!
I think if your cords are grey then black/red tshirts would look good. It depends what you like wearing and whats already in your wardrobe!
~nat~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Loochery)
I've just bought some lovely grey cords from Warehouse as an alternative to jeans. HOWEVER...I'm rather confused as what to wear with them to keep the look casual. Any ideas?

ooh, lovely! The thing with cords is that they will go with lots of tops, probably the same tops that you'd normally wear with jeans. The sort of military look would go well with grey cords especially, but if you want somethig less structured/formal, then you can wear it with a knitted cardi, or a comfy sweatshirt, if you want to go really comfy and casual.

Also, shoes can look different with cords... so if you're wearing an outfit with your cords and something's not quite right (i.e. you don't feel casual) then maybe change your shoes!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh i wear mine with evreything i woud wear jeans with, normally t-shirts, vest tops, jumpers... basically anything!

lou xxx
Loochery
Rep:
?
Shoe-wise, I was thinking maybe my Converse as they're the only thing which aren't ridiculous green Mary Janes which I worship but can't walk in. Or flat black pumps??? I dunno. I'm going on a hunt for THE perfect Black V-Neck jumper, which could look good, I think...
Multiplexed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Cords + white trainers.

Classic!
fabulous_darling
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have a pair of cords, but they always slide down whenever I walk up steps or, well.. do anything apart from stand still. They're so lovely and they fit perfectly, but nothing will hold them up, so I don't really wear them. Grr.
CW Esq
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Loafers and a nice shirt and jumper.
sophieD
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
team them with anything from gap. I love their cords! A knit top in jade green would look nice with the colour- its going to be very popular for autumn/winter- layering with a shirt underneith as CW Esq suggested.
Loochery
Rep:
?
Green....sounds good actually, especially as Green is my favourite colour I digged the whole shirt under jumper look last winter, and so shall carry on with it when the weather gets colder. Thanks for all your suggestions everyone x
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yay for cords! I bought a pair from H&M (£14) recently.
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The Gap were selling cords by the ton a couple of years ago. They still look good.

What about cord jackets? Nice/Not nice?
Gwen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
The Gap were selling cords by the ton a couple of years ago. They still look good.

What about cord jackets? Nice/Not nice?
I"d say anything cords goes this season. Old Navy is doing that kind of major sale right now, but they are part of The Gap.
Multiplexed
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One thing that doesn't look right with cords, imo, are hoodies.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (202)
27.48%
No (533)
72.52%

Watched Threads