The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why don't you write it all out as you would if you had no word limit (or maybe a much bigger word limit), and then see which bits you should cut out to get it down to size?
so far i have 3 novelists and 1 playwright. this ps writing is really doing my head in! i wrote my second draft 2days ago (which was terrible) and now, i sound like a totally different person!
Reply 22
After loads of editing I now have:

one author of literary criticism
three novelists
four poets
one playwrite

*starry_eyed_*
so far i have 3 novelists and 1 playwright. this ps writing is really doing my head in! i wrote my second draft 2days ago (which was terrible) and now, i sound like a totally different person!

I've been doing my ps since last May, and I still hate what I've written. They suck.
Urgh this is getting ridiculous... Too much EC, too little course and TOO LITTLE SPACE! 5000 characters is much more of a rounded number (alternatively, 5000 words :P)

Anyway, I've mentioned
-5 novels
-2 authors, although just as rough examples
-3 playrights/librettists, again just a rough examples
rite after doing 2drafts so far today, i now have 3novelists, 2 playwrights and 1 poet
Reply 25
My PS included
Theorists: 4
Novelists:6
Poets:3
Dramatists: 3
I think it's okay to talk about books/authors from which you've derived enjoyment. Were any of yours repeated-entries, Blissy? For example, a novelist who was also a poet.
blissy
My PS included
Theorists: 4
Novelists:6
Poets:3
Dramatists: 3

But how did you manage to describe why you liked all those in so little space?? The most I can afford to give it is 12 lines and it's only just enough to describe what I enjoyed about the works of 2 authors, 2 playwrights & 2 poets :frown:
Reply 28
Clarkey_Berlin
Were any of yours repeated-entries, Blissy? For example, a novelist who was also a poet.

Nope. If I was doing that those numbers would probably double!
Reply 29
*Bethany*
But how did you manage to describe why you liked all those in so little space?? The most I can afford to give it is 12 lines and it's only just enough to describe what I enjoyed about the works of 2 authors, 2 playwrights & 2 poets :frown:

My PS was dominated by my literary interests, and TBH I was surprised when I tallied them up earlier - I got a heck of a lot in in such a small space!

Latest

Trending

Trending