The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hope historians are vaguely scruffy. I'm not smart.
Reply 81
What about economists Priya? I cannot afford any more clothes :frown: :frown:
yeah, i hope there are at least a few scruffy philosophers... i don't do fashionable... (or dripping from head to toe in jewellry for that matter... :confused: )
Reply 83
you don'y need to change the way you dress just to fit in!
Reply 84
Are people really so concerned about what everyone will be wearing? At my FE college it was "anything within the rules" (and some things out of them), so I'm pretty used to not being fashionable and no one caring... I wore knee high DMs to my interview!
Reply 85
At the moment my crisis is not having much which is warm. I live in Tshirts! :frown:
I don't understand how some people can actually stay alive wearing t shirt and jeans in november.
For my its hoodies and huge jackets all the way.
Reply 87
it is very cold in cambridge. bring jumpers!
Reply 88
French Pikachu
and land economists? :p:

minimo
What about economists Priya? I cannot afford any more clothes

ahhh so many questions. erm, i dunno. land economists in my year (and in year above) are pretty snazzy dressers, but thats only 4 people out of the whole dept. erm, economists.....varies i guess? i havent really observed the female ones that closely..... :p:
Reply 89
xx_ambellina_xx
I hope historians are vaguely scruffy. I'm not smart.

I have a friend who went to lectures (and an exam) in his dressing-gown. On the upper end of the scale there's "Briefcase guy", who has a lovely leather briefcase and shoes, plus a suit and cufflinks. There are quite a few "Rah, Pashmina" girls, but the vast majority are happy in the usual jeans + top combo. Whatever you feel most comfortable in when you're reading. Honestly, whatever you wear you'll be fine.
Reply 90
vicki- come online....i havent chatted to u properly in aaages!

historians tend to be a VERY mixed bunch. theyre either normal, ueber glam, or well, just plain weird and away with the fairies.
French Pikachu
and land economists ? :p:

Where Shorts and Rugby shirts, and carry rugby balls.

MB
Ticki
I have a friend who went to lectures (and an exam) in his dressing-gown. On the upper end of the scale there's "Briefcase guy", who has a lovely leather briefcase and shoes, plus a suit and cufflinks. There are quite a few "Rah, Pashmina" girls, but the vast majority are happy in the usual jeans + top combo. Whatever you feel most comfortable in when you're reading. Honestly, whatever you wear you'll be fine.

I have a briefcase (admittely it's pretty crap) but there's a reason behind it. The beauty of briefcases is that regardless of how disorganised you are, all your papers stay flat to be "organised"/binned at a later date.

MB
Reply 93
musicbloke
I have a briefcase (admittely it's pretty crap) but there's a reason behind it. The beauty of briefcases is that regardless of how disorganised you are, all your papers stay flat to be "organised"/binned at a later date.

You don't look like a Civil Servant yet though. :wink:
Ticki
You don't look like a Civil Servant yet though. :wink:

Well no, I look like a ****ing scruff.

MB
Reply 95
Ticki

So if I was to wear my pashminas, I'd be considered a rah? :frown: :frown: I'm not in any way, but I like the look.
Reply 96
minimo
So if I was to wear my pashminas, I'd be considered a rah? :frown: :frown: I'm not in any way, but I like the look.

No, there's far more to being a "Rah, Pashmina" girl than just the pashmina.
Reply 97
like the backcombed 'messy' or straightened within an inch of its life hair, the OTT eye makeup, the big earings, trendy yet impractical bag..

& all the attitude that goes with it. :wink:
Reply 98
lol...I do/have none of those things :smile: Can people be bothered to wear make up to lectures?!
Reply 99
when you only have 1/2 optional, late AM/PM lectures a week, i guess so.. they probably becomes more a 'see & be seen' event.

when you have at least 2 a day & they start at 9.. no is the general answer! :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending