The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You can probably get away with £20 a week on food at the most.

Get a part time job. 10 hours a week is about £50.
erm, no tuition fees, loan = £4200 + grant = £5200 - accommodation £3200 = £2000 /3 terms = £666 /12 weeks per term = £55.50 per week :biggrin:
Reply 22
i reckoned my average week was about £50 at uni, but i could prob get away with £20 if i didn't go out, go shopping, buy nice food, go out for lunches etc.

lou xxx
Reply 23
i can strecth to £60 but im gona limit my self to £45 max.
Reply 24
oh man i have no money..just worked it out....i have like £10 a week to live on according to my sums....damn...lucky my parents have said they will help and still give me an allowance..y is london so damn expensive
Reply 25
im getting 50 a week off parents, and i think thats more than enough lol but i guess if you go to lotsa parties and stuff, you would want to wear something different each time and so that means buying lotsa clothes hehe
Reply 26
kwannie
im getting 50 a week off parents, and i think thats more than enough lol but i guess if you go to lotsa parties and stuff, you would want to wear something different each time and so that means buying lotsa clothes hehe

i use ebay for going out tops. its amazing what great stuff you find on there for very cheap money=]
Reply 27
i am defo aiming at like 20 pounds a week

my loan has to pay for fees and accomodation

the rest i will have 2 live off v v v little and i have 300 quid savings i am doomed :frown:

i dont have a job lined up and am usually fussy but now u have all scared me i realise i need any job i can get to survive
i lived on 45 pound a day the firt term n then 5 pounds a week :tongue: the next 2 terms
Reply 29
lived on 45 pound a day the firt term n then 5 pounds a week :tongue: the next 2 terms

wat d hell were u buying on d first term - and how d hel did u survive d second term?
well if i can scure a job i'll probably have about £40 a week, and i'm investing £250 in meal vouchers so that should help with food costs. As it stands i have about £300 for the next 2 months and whatever is left from my loan (about £600) so hopfuly if i budget ok and get some work i'll manage. and tehre is my overdraft if i get really desperate.
tammypotato
i lived on 45 pound a day the firt term n then 5 pounds a week :tongue: the next 2 terms

£45 a day!!!! holy cow! thats £315 a week and £1260 a month!! omg!!! :eek:
Reply 32
What a real pain for me is that I'll need to continually find money for field-trips which can cost a fair bit especially when you are poor already :s-smilie:
Reply 33
My mum has worked out how much she spends on me per week for things like piano lessons, insurance policy, food, etc. to be a vague approximation of £60 a week. So she's going to try and give me that each week so I don't need to use my savings.
I'm still going to be very careful about budgeting though!
£30 is OK to survive on if you buy the cheapest, but get a P/T job if you want more money.

Latest

Trending

Trending