Turn on thread page Beta

Nickel Allergy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else suffer from this? It is really really annoying and causes open sores. I even get it on my legs from the nickel keys in my jeans pockets. Any advice? I know that the more I'm exposed to it the worse it gets.

MB

ReputationRep:
    no one else then?

MB

ReputationRep:
    http://dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/nickel-allergy.html

there are some painful pictures on there! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, must be pretty severe then.

My ears itch after wearing nickel earrings for more than two days, but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    thats not the kinda thing ud wish on anybody...its like some sort of witch's curse...maybe uve been cursed... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to nickel but not to the point i get open sores, i just go all spotty and itchy on the bit the nickel has been touching. The doctor gave me steroid ointment for it, and i cover everything that has nickel on it e.g a watch in clear nail varnish cos that stops it touching the skin.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a mild one when I was younger, to the extent that the nickel in the button on my jeans used to give me a minor rash. Doesn't seem to be a problem any more though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to gold! but i dont get open sores.

ReputationRep:
    i have a bad allergy to nickel, i once had a pair of earrings that were nickel and i put them in, woke up the next morning and all my glands had swollen up and my face was all puffy, it was horrible. I have to cover my watch in clear nail varnish aswell...lol ppl think im strange painting my watch!

it kinda works to my advantage cus i can only wear 24carat gold or the reactions flare up again

i'm allergic to many things,for the slightest irregularity in the air,my sensitive nose starts acting up and i get a coldhaven't got nickel allergy though.must be bad...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.