The Student Room Group

Tameside Powercut - trapped in the dark for an hour

Here I was shopping for like 5 minutes in my local town shopping centre, and had put a 2 hour car park ticket, and then it starts thundering and lightening and the sky went dark, and then all the lights, tills went off, all the electricity of Tameside and a few other places in North West England. The doors were automatic so we were all trapped inside the place, it was pitch black inside, I switch on my phone and flash it everywhere for light and the the guys next to me were stuffing some tshirts in their bags and stealing some sunglasses , lol. Bloody hell, It was awful, it was so muggy and warm and we all were told to stand there and dont move, and it lasted an hour. I one time, tripped up on some fallen clothing and fell and Ive got a cut on my chin now,lol.
Then on the way home, no traffic lights were working, so on purpose I took advantage of the speed cameras and sped to about 80mph on a town road :biggrin:
Its all come on now though,I think. :smile: But most of the car alarms are still going on. Just thought id share that with you.
Have any places got a power cut too today?

Love BlueAngel xxx
Reply 1
oh no thats sounds bad. i will rep you cos it sounds like u need cheering up - though i'm not worth alot.

have alcohol - it'll make u feel better :smile:
Reply 2
My gf just told me there was a power cut at the Gym today whilst she was swimming, and she had to get out because it got freezing cold. Then in the locker room, there were no lights at all and was pitch black. People were stumbling around everywhere to try and find their clothes/lockers and get dressed, when after a while a girl came around with a torch! lol This was in warrington. Ive had no problems though!
Poor thing :eek:
Reply 4
I was stuck at home with no electricity for half an hour, although I was bored more than anything!
its really bad where i am. power has just been off for a few mins, but im fully prepared for 5-6 hours of no power
jaybones
My gf just told me there was a power cut at the Gym today whilst she was swimming, and she had to get out because it got freezing cold. Then in the locker room, there were no lights at all and was pitch black. People were stumbling around everywhere to try and find their clothes/lockers and get dressed, when after a while a girl came around with a torch! lol This was in warrington. Ive had no problems though!

if there was no lights on at all she should complain since if its a public area, there must be emergency lights
BlueAngel

Then on the way home, no traffic lights were working, so on purpose I took advantage of the speed cameras and sped to about 80mph on a town road :biggrin:

i wouldnt be susrpised if they were battery backup. and if they were off, im sue the tali-vans would be out in force, hidden behind trees, on double yellow lines on a blacksopt bend...
MorbidAngel
i wouldnt be susrpised if they were battery backup. and if they were off, im sue the tali-vans would be out in force, hidden behind trees, on double yellow lines on a blacksopt bend...

I didnt see anything flash, so they probably were off, I hope there werent any police watching :eek: oops.
BlueAngel
I didnt see anything flash, so they probably were off, I hope there werent any police watching :eek: oops.

good idea. test the speed cameras by seeding thru them. i hope you remebered to take the number plate off it.

also, for every1 else. if there is a speed camera and all the lights around it are off (when its dark and they should be on) chances are the speed cam will be off, since it ets its power from streetlights - and if they dont work, neither does the camera
jen
oh no thats sounds bad. i will rep you cos it sounds like u need cheering up - though i'm not worth alot.

have alcohol - it'll make u feel better :smile:

aww thanks, I got it. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending