The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Your referee gets a copy of the letter, which in most people's case is the school.
Reply 2
Ensocopier
How does your school find out if you have got in or not?

Yes...if your referee is in your school. The universities will send their decision to whoever your referee is....which is a teacher in most people's cases.

G
Reply 3
gzftan
Yes...if your referee is in your school. The universities will send their decision to whoever your referee is....which is a teacher in most people's cases.

G

Does every uni do this?
Reply 4
Ensocopier
Does every uni do this?

I think only Oxbridge do - but my school can access UCAS and see my progress that way.
Reply 5
Ensocopier
Does every uni do this?

Not entirely sure...but like Sazzle said....your ref can check your progress at any time.

G
Reply 6
gzftan
Not entirely sure...but like Sazzle said....your ref can check your progress at any time.

G

When you say referee, do you mean the person who wrote the main UCAS reference, or the one who wrote in the box on the special Oxford form.
Reply 7
Well if they differ Oxbridge probably send the letter to both (but definately the one on your form) however only the UCAS ref can check your progress.
Reply 8
I don't want my school to find out... My referee hates me! She'll probably make my life a living hell for the next few months cos I got in despite the fact that she tried to refuse to write my reference..

Latest

Trending

Trending