Turn on thread page Beta

End of Luck? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Cambridge through the Cambridge Special Access Scheme (CSAS). I told them of my educational disruptions. My GCSEs were 4As 4Bs and 2 Cs. I got BBCC AS. I am delighted that they offered me to do Natural Sciences, but it is rather high; at AAAB. They say that a typical offer is at AAA-AAB, and that CSAS applicants sometimes get a lower offer. Yet i was offered higher than the typical offer. What should i do?

ReputationRep:
    Be ecstatic, what are your educational disruptions? That offer is pretty standard now. Wlil you really have alot of trouble making it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything you can do...except get your head down and work to achieve the grades.

It seems like the admissions tutors have given you the benefit of the doubt in giving you a place as i know loads of people who weren't even pooled...despite having amazingly good credentials...so you should make the most of the opportunity you've been given.

Good Luck with your exams!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Be ecstatic, what are your educational disruptions? That offer is pretty standard now. Wlil you really have alot of trouble making it?
    the disruptions were sharing room with 2 others with only 1 desk etc. I will now just work as hard as i can to achieve entry. I wont waste this opportunity. but my friend, who has 12A*s, and 4As at AS also applied to study the same course and got offered AAA, which is less than mines :~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarn)
    the disruptions were sharing room with 2 others with only 1 desk etc. I will now just work as hard as i can to achieve entry. I wont waste this opportunity. but my friend, who has 12A*s, and 4As at AS also applied to study the same course and got offered AAA, which is less than mines :~
    that is very strange.Anyway go for it and see what you think of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarn)
    Different college? Or perhaps he was only doing 3 Alevels?

I think essentially is they're trying to prove that they're open to applicants with lower grades, and a good reason,and so they've set you the high target to allow you to prove that you can achieve highly and get a 2:1. They could have very easily have not bothered and not given you the offer though, it's their way of saying "We trust you, but show us that that was just a glitch"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umarn)
    he had better grades, did he suffer the same disruptions?

ReputationRep:
    You're luck hasn't ended, it's just beginning. The Cambridge ATs offered you a place because they clearly saw potential in you. Now you just have to work really hard, maybe do some retakes. An AAAB offer is quite normal if all four of your subjects are relavant to the course you're doing.Did you apply for NatSci (physical), because the lowest offer is AAA anyway.
    What college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazzles)
    You're luck hasn't ended, it's just beginning. The Cambridge ATs offered you a place because they clearly saw potential in you. Now you just have to work really hard, maybe do some retakes. An AAAB offer is quite normal if all four of your subjects are relavant to the course you're doing.Did you apply for NatSci (physical), because the lowest offer is AAA anyway.
    What college did you apply to?
    My friend applied to robinson, i applied to homerton. no, he didnt have any disruptions. i applied to do biological. friend is also doing 4 a levels.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.