The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, you won't miss out. I'm going down on the 24th, because I need some time to sort my head / stuff out before attempting to deal with other people... :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
i'm going down on 24th but only because i will probably forget half my stuff and have to travel back home to get it :smile: i wouldnt have thought you would miss out on anything, most the timetabled activites dont start until at least sunday/monday and sure there will be a lot of other people that decide to go on the sunday :smile:
im goin on the 24th for 2 reasons, one being my mates freshers weeks start before ours so i'll just be bored at home so may aswell go then and hopefully hav more fun than bein sat by myself at home! and 2 because it takes a while to get to sussex from where i live so if we left on sunday i wouldnt get there til late and i dont wanna be the last to arrive!
i'm goin on 24th! i only live 15mins away so goin to do couple trips to get all my stuf! my mom is working on the 25th and obviously she's the one driving so have 2 go on 24th! but would imagine quite few people will be coming on the 25th! prob b beta if some came on the sat and others on the sun!
Reply 5
yeah i only live 30mins away and my dad has his van on the 24th so easier for him to take stuff down on the sat. wouldn't worry if u can't go til sunday
Reply 6
Saturday, because I'm told it's the best night at the Hothouse, and because my parents want a holiday in Brighton and will be around for shopping trips on Sunday or something.
Reply 7
I will be moving down on the 24th, to be honest I think most people will do as well as they are worried they might miss out and people will have started making friends.
Reply 8
Im going on 24th as 25th is my little sisters birthday and I don't want to take her glory.
Reply 9
I'm planning on going on the 24th.
Reply 10
I'm moving in on the 24th, cos i went to boarding school and if u turned up after everyone else then all the decent furniture had been nicked. Also getting unpacked on the 24th means u have the sunday free to sort out any problems b4 the start of freshers week. For me thats going to include exactly how i find the uni from holland house. lol.
Reply 11
24th for me as well. Mainly because everyone else is. I don't want to arrive late and find everyone else has already started making friends and so on.
Reply 12
that and i wanna get unpacked asap plus wanna go out on a saturday nite lol,
Reply 13
if you can, you so have to go on the 24th. saturday is definitely the best night at the hothouse, last year it was one in one out by about 11. i'm jealous because my lease doesnt start until the 25th so i can't go hothouse on the 24th. but my whole flat moved in on the saturday last year, and to be honest it would have been a bit weird having another person move in when we'd already started to get to know eachother. seriuosly, take my advice and go on the saturday and get very very drunk - start the year as you mean to go on!

flat 31 east slope...
Reply 14
i agree with the last statement lol. does the hothouse ever host a gay night out of interest? organised by LGBT maybe. I take it you get a mixed crowd anyway.
Reply 15
yeah very mixed, but there was never a gay night at hothouse i'm afraid, but probably because there'd be no point, seeing as they could just organise a social at a gay club in brighton instead. but yeah like i said, it's a really mixed crowd.

flat 31...
Reply 16
24th here. :biggrin: i'm itching to move in, why would i wait another day? :wink:
Reply 17
i'm going on the 24th as my boyfriend has a gig at the pressure point in brighton that night and it would be cool to make some friends and pop along!
Reply 18
flying up on the 24th.

anyone got any tips on the best way to get to the uni from stanstead? sometime around lunch...

theres some info in this brochure they sent me, but i'm not sure if it's all believeable, sometimes these brochures are full of bogus infos...
Reply 19
rarely_may
flying up on the 24th.

anyone got any tips on the best way to get to the uni from stanstead? sometime around lunch...

theres some info in this brochure they sent me, but i'm not sure if it's all believeable, sometimes these brochures are full of bogus infos...

Probably train, to be fair. If the brochure was produced by the university, it's likely to be bona fide.

Latest

Trending

Trending