voila.

ReputationRep:
    Home to airport (by train): 2h
    Checkin, etc: 1h
    Karlsruhe Airport -> Stansted Airport: 1h30
    8h of sleep at Stansted Airport.
    Stansted -> Nottingham (by train): 3h

ReputationRep:
    Im moving back into a house so im getting my parents to drive me there with all my stuff, then they will drive back. Its only 45mins away from me so it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Padiham to Manchester airport - 1hr - 1 half hrs
    Manchester departs 08:55 - arrives plymouth 10:50
    taxi to halls of residence 10mins.
    Only thing wiv going by plane is that i cant take all my stuff which means il av 2 wait 2 d weekend 4 my parents to get down to plymouth.Should take them 7 - 8 hrs by car.

The alternative by train would take 12 hrs and 24 mins :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My friend and boyfriend are driving me up to uni. yes, my friend does know hes way, lol. and ill be travelling from brighton to london. not toooooo far.

ReputationRep:
    my daddy is driving me from London to Birmingham, we need a car for my ridiculous amount of stuff. And yes he used to live in the Midlands so he knows his way back, also road signs are pretty useful

ReputationRep:
    Car from Leeds to Sheffield. Not far at all.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    What's the best from Heathrow to Paddington?

I'm between the Heathrow Connect and the Tube (don't have time issues). We will be three with 3 bags and a bike (maybe a taxi would be cheaper but don't know if we'll fit).

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anabelle)
    What's the best from Heathrow to Paddington?

I'm between the Heathrow Connect and the Tube (don't have time issues). We will be three with 3 bags and a bike (maybe a taxi would be cheaper but don't know if we'll fit).

Any ideas?
    Heathrow Express (Connect? - new name) is more comfy and has more room. On the downside, its more expensive. If you're not coming in the rush hour, the tube would be ok. Not sure if a bike is allowed on Heathrow Express, I think it is allowed on tube...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Heathrow Express (Connect? - new name) is more comfy and has more room. On the downside, its more expensive. If you're not coming in the rush hour, the tube would be ok. Not sure if a bike is allowed on Heathrow Express, I think it is allowed on tube...
    Heatrhow Connect is a new one, a little cheaper than Express and takes only a few more minutes. The bike is in a box. If the tube isn't to crwoded it sounds like the better alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Frist time, my mum/dad are taking me in the car, with all my excess of stuff (not that ive done any packing yet)

- But after that i'll prolly just go my train, although i might get them the bring me back at the eng of the year, depending on how much stuff i have.

Daniel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anabelle)
    Heatrhow Connect is a new one, a little cheaper than Express and takes only a few more minutes. The bike is in a box. If the tube isn't to crwoded it sounds like the better alternative.
    Haven't travelled with Heathrow Express for a long time, so didn't know that. A new thing everyday

As long as you aren't on the tube between 7-10 am and 4-7 pm on a weekday, you should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are driving me all the way from West Yorkshire to South Wales. A 5-6 hour drive depending on traffic/lunch stop.

I have no idea how I'm going to fit everything in my dad's car. I'll probably end up having to rest a tv on my knees.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.