The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Despite what my username suggests, I too am an indian, who will be going to Manchester for the BA Econ course. I've made numerous visits and attended all of the open days. I can assure you that everything is chilling. There are plenty of indians there mate.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 61
OK guys.
I had also applied to the top 3 Indian colleges but sadly didn't go through anywhere.
I have almost finalized my Manchester decision.Thank you for all your replies regarding my first basic query.Time to move on to some more serious issues.

1)If I am say among the brightest and best at university would me being an outstation student have some difficulty in finding employment after college?
2)What is the part time job scene there while studying?Is it easy to find one?What is the average pay?

First question is MUCH MUCH more imp.Trust me,I'll do good in university.I am confident of that.But I DO NOT want to end up jobless after spending so much money there.I need all INFO regarding this.

Please help.

And BTW great community.minimum trolling.Thanks a tonne once again for all the replies. :smile:

Cheers,
Shubham.
Reply 62
shubham_ag
OK guys.
I had also applied to the top 3 Indian colleges but sadly didn't go through anywhere.
I have almost finalized my Manchester decision.Thank you for all your replies regarding my first basic query.Time to move on to some more serious issues.

1)If I am say among the brightest and best at university would me being an outstation student have some difficulty in finding employment after college?
2)What is the part time job scene there while studying?Is it easy to find one?What is the average pay?

First question is MUCH MUCH more imp.Trust me,I'll do good in university.I am confident of that.But I DO NOT want to end up jobless after spending so much money there.I need all INFO regarding this.

Please help.

And BTW great community.minimum trolling.Thanks a tonne once again for all the replies. :smile:

Cheers,
Shubham.

Hmmm you'lll probably stay unemployed unless you go back to India and work in the family business...
Firms don't care how good you did...it's how you present yourself in the interview and how many people you know. But don't worry...there's always Burger King or Mc Donalds.

Spoiler

Reply 63
^^^Are you serious???

Plus Why do you assume that my presentation in the interview will NOT be good.
Reply 64
shubham_ag
^^^Are you serious???

Plus Why do you assume that my presentation in the interview will NOT be good.

Because you stink of curry and your qualifications are probably bogus!:eek3:
Reply 65
Oh.Please Shut up,I do not want to get into a stupid childish racist argument with you.
What age are you??

10 or 11?
Shubam - manchester is so multicultural, you'll be fine.
You don't have to be the 'best' or brightest student, just work hard and enjoy yourself. You'll get a job so don't worry, manchester is a pretty good uni
btw if u hav facebook, you can join the group 'official manchester freshers 2010'

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending