Is 5'7.5 short? Watch

Ysbryd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, I'm a 16 year old male and was wondering if 5'7.5 ( 171.5 cm) is short?
I'd particuarly appreciate answers from a female perspective. I've had no trouble getting girlfriends etc it's just all my friends are taller than me :confused:

Regards
lizzay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say you were tall actually, I guess you just have a lot of friends who all just happen to be tall as well.
Elynnor1811
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you've probably got another few inches to grow.. my brother grew quite a lot from when he was between 16-18. but anyways, no it's not that short. On the shorter side but nothing to get worked up about.
!Borek
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe a little bit for a guy but not massively so, still taller than me :P
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not a bad height for 16, probably still a bit to grow yet. With regards to height and getting girls, don't believe the rumours
EDCE88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've lost count how many threads are of the same topic...
goldlock
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Check your armspan mate, shows you how much you'll grow
puma21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say slightly below average as I am about 5'10 which is average for our age.
ritchie888
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
What is with all the height threads? Seriously?

You can't stretch yourself like in the cartoons, you will have to live with your height.

Regardless of what people reply with, be it "nah, that's really tall" or "yeah, sorry, you're on the small side" changes nothing. What are you trying to gain from these responses?
emanuel_arsenalfc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
is it keeping you from banging a chick??NO then stop fussing and do what you were born as a man to do..

awoooooooooooo
RBarack
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you'll probably grow another inch - it is below average, but I wouldn't say it's short.
Bhumbauze
Report 8 years ago
For a man? Yes it's on the short side. At 16 you do probably have a couple of inches still to grow, though.

You'll never be tall, though... very unlikely you'll hit 6', unless you're a particularly late bloomer. I did recently randomly see a guy I went to school with getting off a train... he was properly titchy at school (probably only about 5'6 when we left, aged 17/18) and it looks like he's spontaneously shot up to over 6' tall . To be fair though, he wasn't just short at school, he looked properly "little", like a 13 or 14 year old. I reckon he just hit puberty late. Maybe you're the same? Do you have any pubes yet?
LaughingBro
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Go on www.letmegooglethatforyou.com and search 'Height chart' :facepalm:
username380364
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ysbryd)
Hi, I'm a 16 year old male and was wondering if 5'7.5 ( 171.5 cm) is short?
I'd particuarly appreciate answers from a female perspective. I've had no trouble getting girlfriends etc it's just all my friends are taller than me :confused:

Regards
well seeing as average male height is 5 ft 9 and you are below this, you are short.

however on a dating prospective, average female height is 5 ft 5 so theres lots of girls shorter than you if thats what you want. not me though i'm way taller than you :P
username380364
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bhumbauze)
For a man? Yes it's on the short side. At 16 you do probably have a couple of inches still to grow, though.

You'll never be tall, though... very unlikely you'll hit 6', unless you're a particularly late bloomer. I did recently randomly see a guy I went to school with getting off a train... he was properly titchy at school (probably only about 5'6 when we left, aged 17/18) and it looks like he's spontaneously shot up to over 6' tall . To be fair though, he wasn't just short at school, he looked properly "little", like a 13 or 14 year old. I reckon he just hit puberty late. Maybe you're the same? Do you have any pubes yet?
loooooooooooooooooool
the comment was serious and then at the end you just hit it with pubes. jokes lol
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
when i was 16 i was 5'7 and know i am 19 am 5'10 1/2 and yes the 1/2 is very important!!!
wewinwin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It seems that nearly all my replies are about height question...

You are tall enough, so young as you are,will be taller in 1 or 2 years.
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's short to me, but I'm 5'11 and not after 16 year olds anyway so not really your target audience.
patella
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think it's short, but I'm a 5'9 female.

I doubt you've finished growing yet... I know a few guys who had growth spurts at 15-16.
Mase94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.63%
No (218)
94.37%

Watched Threads