driving lessons Watch

Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
so how did you all feel or think about on your first driving lesson?

I went for mine last saturday and its kinda only sank in that I've started driving and now I'm more nervous for my 2nd lesson (3rd sept) than I ever was on my first xoxo
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
nah don't owry, i did that, but i got on fine, you jsut need to remember everything you learnt in the first lesson. it all becomes natrual to do everything, although some people take longer than others... but i wish you best of luck for you next lesson. and i hope u think of me when i am taking my test 5 days later (ok its my second test... i failed the first one in the last second of the test when reversing in teh bay. when i stopped the car the examiner saw that the back wheel was touching the kerb) but anyway best of luck in your lesson
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by daniel_williams)
nah don't owry, i did that, but i got on fine, you jsut need to remember everything you learnt in the first lesson. it all becomes natrual to do everything, although some people take longer than others... but i wish you best of luck for you next lesson. and i hope u think of me when i am taking my test 5 days later (ok its my second test... i failed the first one in the last second of the test when reversing in teh bay. when i stopped the car the examiner saw that the back wheel was touching the kerb) but anyway best of luck in your lesson
ahhh good luck with your test ^_^ :hugs: nah I'm being made to do junctions and little roundabouts now.....worried about that really but hopefully I'll be ok and not crash my instructors car or anything ^_^ xoxo
daniel_williams
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
well i am sure you won't be that bad, instructors have dual controlls, its even worse when u do what i did and go out with parents before an instructor... i think i scared them half to death, but you are with someone qualified. jsut sit back and relax a bit, it goes better when you relax, if you are nervous you make more mistakes
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by daniel_williams)
well i am sure you won't be that bad, instructors have dual controlls, its even worse when u do what i did and go out with parents before an instructor... i think i scared them half to death, but you are with someone qualified. jsut sit back and relax a bit, it goes better when you relax, if you are nervous you make more mistakes
yeah, your right - thank you ^_^ xoxo
Dekota
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My first driving lesson is today, 5pm! :eek:
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ricki)
My first driving lesson is today, 5pm! :eek:
ahhhhh dont worry seriously they are fine and dont get worked up none either just think it boring and you will be grand behind the wheel :hugs: good luck xoxo
Gem
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How are yours going Tammy_Girl? Hope you aren't so worried now, you'll be making a fab little driver :driver:
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gem)
How are yours going Tammy_Girl? Hope you aren't so worried now, you'll be making a fab little driver :driver:
mine are going great gem getting to do 3-point turns and reversing around corners now ^_^ - :party: woohooo go me :p: :rolleyes: :driver: gonna book my theory hopefully next month xoxo
Che!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I PASSED last thursday! Wohooo the freeeedommm!
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by che_guevara)
:hugs: :hugs: :party: congratulations xoxo
Gem
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by che_guevara)
Well Done! Thats fab news! :driver:
Dekota
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yay!! I had my first lesson :party:

It went great, nice instructor and all.

=)
supercat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh congrats!
I LOVE driving. Probably appreciate it more than my friends, because my birthday is in August - I had to wait while they could all drive But now I'm loving it! I'm not very good though. I've only had a few lessons, but in my last one I drove on the pavement, forgot to turn and almost crashed into a parked car. Oopsie.
sr4470
Badges: 13
Report 13 years ago
Was a while ago...

Stalled about 5-6 times :rolleyes: didnt help that it was a diesel that can move off without the gas pedal provided you did it smoothly (using the clutch alone got it up to 10mph).
Sorani
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have my 4th tomorrow - my 1st actually went really well mainly because the instructor is so nice.

I think I've done well generally although I need to learn how sensitive the pedals are and not to push too hard on the gas or brake lol.
Revd. Mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I turned 17 and had my first lesson on friday, have to say it was a lot less difficult and scary than I worked myself up into thinking it would be. I did quite well, didn't stall or anything, although there was a minor incident where I was going round a bend and turned the wheel the wrong way, because I got startled by a car coming the opposite direction. When my instructor started breathing again he laughed about it though, and told me that in 30 years of teaching he'd never had a student do that to him.

He's got a brand new car too! A mini cooper! woo! :cool:
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Iwas a bit nervous because I knew absolutely nothing about driving. I must have stalled a few times Ithink.
Cazzi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i had my first lesson with my dad! and it was well easy. well proud of myself.

My second lesson with him was yesterday! and im already going into 3rd gear with ease and doing 3 point turns! Thats after 2 hours! lol well proud of myself!
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really want to drive................but is it worth doing it illegitamatly, i.e no licensce?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads