Good mobile phone deals Watch

This discussion is closed.
sahsum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Im guna change to a contract phone before i go to uni. Does anyone know any good deals around at the moment. Orange do quite a good one for students, something like 600 free minutes and 1000 text a month for £30.
munkie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Guys I work at O2 (look in the picture) and the one I went for is O2 Online SIM only. It's only a 30 day contract unlike the others so you can cancel when you're skint and not drown in debt! E.G. one of them is 1000mins off peak and 1000texts for £25 a month.

Take a look O2 Online Deals

I'm going to be a student in Sept too so I'm not trying to con you.

Any official questions mail me at Customer Services: [email protected] and unofficially [email protected].

Paul
djk_99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sounds kind of weird, but the Easy group (stelios etc) have recently launched Easymobile. You can buy a Sim card for a fiver, and I think you automatically get a fiver put onto your account then. And from there, there is a flat rate of 15p per min for calls and 5p per text message. You may not get as many free txts/calls as other companies, but there is no need to have £30 going out of your account every month if you dont want/need it to.
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think Virgin pay as you go's pretty good because you can buy bundles, which are basically x number of minutes/texts a month, and you can get different ones each month if you want, you dont have to get them every month, and they get carried over as long as you buy a new bundle the next month. This site probably explains it alot better: http://www.virginmobile.com/mobile/bundles/index.jsp. And even if you don't take advantage of the bundles, the normal pay as you go rates are really cheap (3p to text another virgin phone, 10p to text anyone else). Also, the virgin phones themselves tend to be really cheap. For example: https://www.virginmobile.com/mobile/...MOT-STD-V220-1. A camera flip phone for £60 with £25 free airtime!!
switch007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Tescos have a similar ('value' range) simcard to Easymobile. http://www.tescomobile.com/valuesim.aspx
lorrybeep
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ive been using vodaphone and paying around £30. i forgot exactly how many free mins i get. perhaps 400 cross network and 50 texts. i donno if it'd be a good idea to stick with them for so long. anyone any better deal? i will need a lot of cross network mins
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i love my o2 online £20 a month for 1000 offpeak minutes and 500 texts

lou xxx
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by graduate_kc)
ive been using vodaphone and paying around £30. i forgot exactly how many free mins i get. perhaps 400 cross network and 50 texts. i donno if it'd be a good idea to stick with them for so long. anyone any better deal? i will need a lot of cross network mins
do you need them anytime or offpeak? o2 (shops) do one that's £25 a month and you get 500 off-peak cross-network minutes and 100 texts (and if you get a 18 month contract you get 50% extra for life or if you join for 12 months it's double for the first 6 months)

lou xxx
pedigree chum
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What?! You guys must check out the O2 talkalotmore tarriffs - they give you 300 texts for free. And you can probably find a free sim card on the internet at the moment.
Prince21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yo anyone know a good tariff under 20 quid that gives you a ultra new nokia mobile???
lmclaney
Report 13 years ago
d o2 sim card deal online is good - pays as u go u get 300 free txts a month 4 £10. i think orange doin a simmilar 1 where u get 3000 txts free over d weekend
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i got the ornage one which was practically the first one i came across but i still think it's very good as the minutes are x-network any time, which to me are the only useful kind of minutes

plus it's 1000 texts
jen333
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i pay £19 on O2 for 50 anytime any network mins and 500 texts. O2 seemed to have better phones for free compared to some other networks on cheapish contracts i found.
woox
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sahsum)
Im guna change to a contract phone before i go to uni. Does anyone know any good deals around at the moment. Orange do quite a good one for students, something like 600 free minutes and 1000 text a month for £30.
Thats a really good deal....where did u find out about that? I was looking on the website and can only find the deal with the 1000 free texts for students, not the one with minutes as well?
pedigree chum
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Check out the carphone warehouse website. There is A 3 contract for 3.99 or something like that, that gives you 500 anytime anywhere minutes plus lots of texts - this looks totally ridiculous, I'm thinking of swapping.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1204)
79.58%
Leave (309)
20.42%

Watched Threads