This discussion is closed.
andrei86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi everyone,

I ve received a letter of rejection from St. Johns college Oxford, and feel really dissapointed because I feel that my second interview at st. annes wasnt taken into account, because when I had my interview at st. annes they didnt even have my ucas form. I answered all the question correctly and after the interviewer finished asking me maths/physics questions he said, "that was excellent".
I just feel really dissapointed, maybe i could phone them up?
Do st. johns decide if they want me to go to another college, or do st. annes decide?
earthmother
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by andrei86)
Hi everyone,

I ve received a letter of rejection from St. Johns college Oxford, and feel really dissapointed because I feel that my second interview at st. annes wasnt taken into account, because when I had my interview at st. annes they didnt even have my ucas form. I answered all the question correctly and after the interviewer finished asking me maths/physics questions he said, "that was excellent".
I just feel really dissapointed, maybe i could phone them up?
Do st. johns decide if they want me to go to another college, or do st. annes decide?
You could try ringing St Anne's. Last year my daughter got a rejection from her first choice college on Christmas Eve. After Christmas, her second choice college's acceptance came. It actually had been posted a day earlier but was delayed in the post. You never know.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did your letter from St John's say that another college was still actively considering you? My daughter had an acceptance from her 2nd college before the rejection letter of her 1st, but the original college said that they believed that another college was going to offer her a place and to contact them if she hadn't heard within a few days.
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Geogger)
Did your letter from St John's say that another college was still actively considering you? My daughter had an acceptance from her 2nd college before the rejection letter of her 1st, but the original college said that they believed that another college was going to offer her a place and to contact them if she hadn't heard within a few days.
wow i didnt know parents were here
Bumblebee3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
wow i didnt know parents were here
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps they have a child who won an oxbridge place and wish to gloat anonymously. My Dad was dying to tell everyone but I didn't let him. The grape vine is far more modest and has the same effect
earthmother
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps they have a child who won an oxbridge place and wish to gloat anonymously. My Dad was dying to tell everyone but I didn't let him. The grape vine is far more modest and has the same effect
Not in the least. Just trying to be helpful.
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by earthmother)
Not in the least. Just trying to be helpful.

Ah well, I suppose I would be gloating if my son/daughter won a place.......but for now I'd settle for having a place of my own
Sazzle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Earthmother was around back in about Sep/Oct I *think* she was the one who was helpful about my travel arrangements.
earthmother
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sazzle)
Earthmother was around back in about Sep/Oct I *think* she was the one who was helpful about my travel arrangements.
It was, Sazzle and congratulations to you on your success!!
Sazzle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by earthmother)
It was, Sazzle and congratulations to you on your success!!
Thankyou! But I don't want to fly via Manchester again, 1 aborted landing, a stack at the other end! Oh and I hate Heathrow too FAR too big! :rolleyes: I'm going to try and use the regional airports as much as possible - although you're then stuck if a flight gets cancelled. I think I'll WALK each term!
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quote : wow i didnt know parents were here (mentally ill)

Actually I originally found this site as I was looking for some help on various colleges for Geography (my subject - I teach) to help my Year 13 with their UCAS choices... I found it a really helpful and frank forum which I have subsequently mentioned to a number of my sixth form!

My daughter also found some of the comments really interesting when she was applying for PPE and ,.... no we don't come on to gloat etc. I was trying to be helpful to andrei86, because the exact wording of your letter can have a bearing on what will happen to you at Oxford... I know this (not just from my daughter, but from previous students at my school).

I only come on here occasionally and only really look at the UCAS and Oxbridge threads to see if there any useful bits of information that I can pass on to my students! I would hope if anyone has a query and there was an answer, they wouldn't really mind the age of the person replying!
Sazzle
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think it's good to have some parents on here - the two in question seem to have some useful advice as they have experienced the Oxbridge system for themselves. Let's face it plenty of people on here are very willing to post their GCSE and A-level results and acceptances to various unis - it's nice to be able to gloat a little in an annon. environment.
emzie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hi geogger - i just got an offer from jesus college Ox for geogo, if i can be of any help just let me know!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (41)
13.76%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (44)
14.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (103)
34.56%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.73%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
21.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed