Turn on thread page Beta

interview for argos tomorrow eek.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay well tomorrow ive got my first job interview and its at argos.. Has anyone had an interview for argos befor and what sort of questions did they ask. Should i wear smart casual clothes or just my normal everyday clothes?? HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck mate.

I got rejected from Tesco.

too many applicants and a racist interviewer - deadly combination

what a humiliation

ReputationRep:
    awwww lol thanx for the luck, but didnt really answer my question

ReputationRep:
    I had an argos interview - they told me on the phone it was a normal interview and when I got there they lumped all the candiates together and we had a group interview! It consisted of us being put into pairs, then having to chat to the other person for about 10 minutes, finding out about their life and such, then present the other persons life to the rest of the group - it truly was hideous! then we were would put in groups of 4 and asked to design the front cover of the argos catalogue.

I walked out in the middle of it - it seemed so ridiculous to go that length just for some part-time shop assitant job! I would wear relatively smart clothes (smart trousers and a smart-ish t-shirt) as that's what most other people wore there. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    is this parttime job or full time career?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    full time career?
    At Argos?

This thread might help - seems to be somebody in a similar situation.

Good luck, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    well i went, and i think it all went good
    il know at the end of the week yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike)
    I had an argos interview - they told me on the phone it was a normal interview and when I got there they lumped all the candiates together and we had a group interview! It consisted of us being put into pairs, then having to chat to the other person for about 10 minutes, finding out about their life and such, then present the other persons life to the rest of the group - it truly was hideous! then we were would put in groups of 4 and asked to design the front cover of the argos catalogue.

I walked out in the middle of it - it seemed so ridiculous to go that length just for some part-time shop assitant job! I would wear relatively smart clothes (smart trousers and a smart-ish t-shirt) as that's what most other people wore there. Good luck
    ha, had a similar thing with Asda a few years back. What a joke!

When you do group activities, make sure you really get involved. I know its quite obvious, but they are looking for people who interract well with strangers and are not shy.
    Good luck!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.