The Student Room Group

Revising in the morning or evening?

Poll

So, are mornings the best way to revise or evenings?:)

I can NEVER REVISE in the morning, always feel sleepy/tired. Evenings however, are the best, until 9PM MAX! Then I give myself a BREAK till the next day (evening) :p:
How many of you like revising in the evenings rather then mornings? Just want to find out how many people share the same views as me:smile: or not? :wink:

P.S- After the morning bit in the poll, was supposed to be a :| face, didn't work tho?:P

Scroll to see replies

I'm always bugged to revise in the morning because that's when 'your brain is at it's best darling' :rollseyes:

They don't seem to understand the difficulties that come with having 3 raging lunatics for brothers.
Reply 2
Evenings, it's quieter, and less people around.
Best time, when you have four other brothers and sisters ¬_¬
more stuff stays in my head in the evening. Dunno why.

Especially when I read something and then go to bed, I have that memory implanted into my brain the next morning. :biggrin:
Reply 4
evening. all nighters work best for me
Reply 5
Morning.
Morning, the earlier you start, the more you've done by the end of the day :proud:

Plus I hate staying up late for it, makes my head fluffy and all nighters just suck.
Reply 7
Fresher in the morning, especially for subjects like maths
Reply 8
Evening before an exam from 8-12/1 ish
Reply 9
morning/evening, i don't really bother when i revise as long as i do sufficient revision

but i prefer mornings, coz your mind is fresh and not getting tired whereas in the evening like 9PM, you feel tired and tired and ....
Early morning (seldom happens, usually oversleep)
Laaaaate evening (so more 9pm - 3AM)
Reply 11
sweetgyal24
I can NEVER REVISE in the morning, always feel sleepy/tired. Evenings however, are the best, until 9PM MAX! Then I give myself a BREAK till the next day (evening) :p:
How many of you like revising in the evenings rather then mornings? Just want to find out how many people share the same views as me:smile: or not? :wink:

P.S- After the morning bit in the poll, was supposed to be a :| face, didn't work tho?:P

Count me in....
I never liked studying/revising at mornings...
As I am an independent learner (no school), I fixed my schedule in such a way that I never need to study at mornings....

My study time starts at 2:30-3:00 pm and goes on till 3:00 am (with breaks ofcourse...) .....

So I sleep from 3:30am - 10:30am....

Thats my schedule, I don't do anything at morning....
Unfortunately, I have to prepare for university, and thus make a habbit of waking up at morning...
I find revising much easier in the mornings. Otherwise I feel like I'm putting it off all day and I never get round to it in the evenings. Much better to make a start in the morning so you feel like you've already started and it's easier to carry on.
If I ever have any work to do for college, I find it much easier to do it from about 17:00pm onwards; usually because that means all of my other jobs for the day have been finished with and I can just get on and do my own thing without being distracted by someone / something every five minutes.
Both.
Reply 15
both but i think remembering something you revised when you go to sleep is always good.
Reply 16
Depends on the subject; Maths I can only do in the morning, while more factual subjects like Physics/Chemistry I can only do in the evening :smile:
Depends if i've got anything planned during the day, but if not I usually revise 2-10pm with breaks of 5-10mins every hour.
Morning for me! By 12pm, I've usually already have revised like 4 hours, sometimes even more! But tbh, that only works on non-school days..
On school days, I get home at around half 3 but I can't start working until half 5...and then an hour after I have a halfanhour break for hollyoaks :P lol so you see, I'm much better off on non-school days! :smile:
Evening definetely, I just cannot concentrate during the day so I study deep into the night.

Quick Reply

Latest