The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do you take it with water?

Can you take other tablets without this happening?

Tried dissolving paracetamol in water then drinking it?
Yeah do you take them with water?
I used to always take tablets without water but my nan told me off :p: she said it can give you ulcers if they dissolve in your throat so it could be linked? :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Yeah I take them with liquid.

Everything else I take e.g. vitamin tablets are fine and cause no issue it's only really paracetamol that does it hence why I try to avoid it but it's not always possible when in pain :/
Reply 4
Try ibuprofen? More for inflammatory pain but it's alright. See if it does it with this?

Or try and find some sugar coated paracetamol?
Reply 5
same here, i always have a sore throat after taking paracetemol and tried Googling it which lead me here, there's nothing online to explain it. I have to take Ibuprofen now every time rather than paracetemol even tho Ibuprofen isn't always the right painkiller to use but I really can't use Paracetemol any more, it's so uncomfortable, it happens within a minute of taking it and lasts about an hour. It is every time for me, I do take it with water or juice and no other tablet has this effect on me. Although I'm gutted for you that it happens, it's a little bit reassuring to know that I'm not the only person it happens to. Can't be many of us though since Google pulls up no results.

Latest